• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

You Don't Know How Good You Have It With Obama

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
:angel: :bless: :devilish: ................. as bumper stickers go, "God Bless America"....................... I also recall, the last time I was on the witness stand, there was a book I laid my left hand on to swear to tell the truth. Happened to me during jury duty too ! ........... :thinking: .....Should check again next time I guess !! :eek:hwell:

Blackrose

Renowned Member
13/2/13
:angel: :bless: :devilish: ................. as bumper stickers go, "God Bless America"....................... I also recall, the last time I was on the witness stand, there was a book I laid my left hand on to swear to tell the truth. Happened to me during jury duty too ! ........... :thinking: .....Should check again next time I guess !! :eek:hwell:

Believing in God makes you Christian?? Crazy considering my little tribe has held god in a pretty high respect for almost 6k years, but Im sure that my little tribe in your eyes (a seemingly mirror of Fox News) is also secretly a contributor to the "demise" of America. As for how an obligation to swear over a book is different then swearing the same phrase without same said book is beyond me.

Beyond your views on America and Religion your views on America and the generation seemingly 10 below yours is embarrassing to the American people/ it's embarrassing that you would makes these statements to help "educate" our forum friends from other parts of the world, it's embarrassing to know that there are people with such low intelligence they cant see past hyperlinks and televised news stories with dramatic musical introductions. My friends didn't join the military to secure your economic views of the future of America, but the more important integral ideals of America. Ideals that are lost when a laser focus on only the things that have changed is created, instead of the things we can now help change/ improve.

Our country is amazing, we stand behind a system that strives for the "pursuit of happiness" for all Americans, that phrase though clearly states the "PURSUIT" not the guarantee.

Also, I am a 30 y/o republican disgusted with what the Republican Party stands for now, or more so vocalizes via the Mainstream Media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technit1957

Renowned Member
19/12/13
Two of my sons have married American girls, one from CA and one from VA. They have chosen to live in England, maybe because we're a little quirky and eccentric.

I've visited America many times and have some great friends there, even thought about moving there.

One thing I can't get my head around is how any president is hero worshiped by the voting public, almost seen as their saviour.

The following was posted on FB by an American friend of mine. True or not I don't know.

QUIT BASHING OBAMA
by COL. ROBERT F. CUNNINGHAM and PATRICK RISHOR
Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments. He has done more than any other President before hi...m. Here is a list of his impressive accomplishments:
First President to be photographed smoking a joint.
First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on "shovel-ready" jobs when there was no such thing as "shovel-ready" jobs.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.
First President to terminate America ’s ability to put a man in space.
First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal).
First President to fire an inspector general of AmeriCorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
First President to surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.
First President to golf more than 150 separate times in his five years in office.
First President to hide his birth, medical, educational and travel records.
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
First President to go on multiple "global apology tours" and concurrent "insult our friends" tours.
First President to go on over 17 lavish vacations, in addition to date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayers.
First President to have personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
First President to fly in a personal trainer from Chicago at least once a week at taxpayer expense.
First President to repeat the Quran and tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.
First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50 states (Mexico vs Arizona).
First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they "volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences."
Then he was the First President to tell the members of the military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last suggestion.

I feel much better now. I had been under the impression he hadn't been doing ANYTHING!!

This is why Americans vote for the other party. Even though the result of his work has brought our country out of the mess that the other party usually gets us into, people believe the misinformation that the american media creates. If you believe any of the things on this list I have a bridge to sell you in New Jersy, but that is posted on another forum. Peace.

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
I snicker in Jury Duty when that time came. To me it's a book like any other.
When you have freedom of religion, etc., etc., why have that?

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
what happened to the moron that had that $8k deductable... ever get obamacare yet ?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
what happened to the moron that had that $8k deductable... ever get obamacare yet ?

Well, I'm beside myself. This year my wife's ACA monthly payment went up from $17 to $67 a month. Almost 400% increase in a year. OMG what am I ever going to do? :rofl:

Also, on that subject, it seems that now after 3 years the whole economy hasn't been decimated as expected by the right wingnuts. In fact, I've noticed the republicans no longer seem to be quite so vocal about it. Why aren't the 16 or so presidential hopefuls screaming at the top of their lungs about repeal and gov't shutdown.

Hmmmm, maybe because it's working! I guess they don't want to piss off the 16.4 million current enrollees?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Will Hillary be the Dem nominee?

Luth would know....darn wish he was here now :laugh:

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I like to think of her as Billary! We'll get two for the price of one.

And who for VP, Bernie or Elizabeth Warren? That would send the Tea Party over the edge.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Oh that poses another issue. Will Bill be the first lady or first man in the White House? Actually I think Bill could run as vice-Pres which would really be an oddity but might be a smart strategy as weird as it sounds.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Ummm! Never thought about Bill for VP. That would make an interesting scenario. Although I can't imagine someone that's reached the absolute pinnacle of power wanting to down slide back to Veep. Other than to piss off the folks who dragged him through the mud.

Bill's popularity is still extremely high even after all the time and money spent trying to ruin him.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Bill can't run for Vice President. As he has already served two terms as President, he would be unable to serve again in the case of incapacity of the President and is ineligible.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Bill can't run for Vice President. As he has already served two terms as President, he would be unable to serve again in the case of incapacity of the President and is ineligible.

Ah yes I should have known that, thanks. I will make an early prediction right here that Hillary will not be the next President, just a gut feeling and my gut is usually pretty smart..but I will say this, she sure is a pandering mofo.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Just a gut feeling also, but my gut tells me it's not going to be a Republican. And definitely not The Donald. The only one that might have a shot in the general is JEB. He was actually a pretty good Governor here in the Sunshine State. But he's way to normal for the tea baggers and the far right crazies.

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
In my experience Americans rarely know how good they have it, they are usually too busy bitching.
Sorry guys but that is how it looks from the outside to most non Americans,

We should just close this thread, TB said it better in two sentences than all 12 pages combined.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Positivitony: You've been around long enough that we don't close threads "just because".

Maybe the rest of us are enjoying the conversation.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Just a gut feeling also, but my gut tells me it's not going to be a Republican. And definitely not The Donald.

Yes my gut is saying the same thing about Donald. I think in the end most establishment Republicans will choose another, funny though that he is still trending well in the polls so he must resonate well with many people.

I know that some have really strong political views here on both sides. Healthy debate is good, should help us to understand one another if we maintain open minds. Closing threads not good, that just shuts down the conservation entirely. I remember sitting around the TV as a kid and being mesmerized watching the election tally's come in, it's always an exciting night.