• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which super rep is better overall? TC Sub V6 or BK Noob V5 Sub-C

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
After reading A LOT, for 4 weeks now, I'm still asking myself that question, for the quality (even if both models are different 16610 for TC and 116610 for BK or Noob Sub C V5) one would like to know which one is a better super rep over all?

I was inclining for TC's but I've read that the dial can almost always come off-centered due to a DWO justification problem. Is this problem corrected in the newer version or is it still a fact? I've heard the defines argument against this saying that even genuine Subs sometimes have misaligned dials and that one shouldn't really be worried about these minor details.

On the other hand, the BK has a correctly aligned engraved rehaut if that counts for something, a factory perfect blue lume and the BK DWO is said on many forums to be better than TC DWO V4. In fact that TC DWO miss-alignment or justification problems its the cause of the Dial off-centeredness. Another point in favour of the BK Sub-C super rep is the INDICES or minute markers are identical to Gen, because every 5 minute marker is bolder and whiter than the others, and touch the rehaut just like the gen while TC's indices are all the same and don't touch the rehaut like the gen. In favour of TC's, the T in the "chronometer" lettering is flawed in BKs and not in TC's.

I hope the experts chime in. I repeat, Ive been told the solution is to just "live with the misaligned Dial in TC's because the quality overall is so great that those minor details don't matter). Even if that may be fundamentally true, but ignoring that last statement which one is a better or a more accurate/less inaccurate, more gen-like super rep and why?

These are my conclusions:
OOTB BK's 116610 LN Sub c is more accurate, the only flaws are minor and are not bold enough numbers on the Insert and the rolex logo not being bold enough and "T" lettering flaw, so you need to buy a gen dial, which is pricier than a gen dial for TC's (which you don't really need), also need to buy an insert which is more expensive than TC's (which you also need to change).

OOTB TC sub V6 is awesome, but the off-centered dial is a dead give a way and would bother me for sure. The STRONG points are, the gen parts are like 40% less expensive than the near 6 digit model 116610 LN. What I REALLY hate is the fact that TC himself says the solution is to "just live with the Dial's off centeredness because even Gen subs sometimes are off centered" and the cult like following of members stating just the same thing. These last flaws for me are fatal and overshadow the overall almost perfect super rep. Remember I'm speaking "OOTB", I know these flaws could be fixed by a modder watch smith by changing the DWO for a BK and aligning the Dial and that the gen parts for the TC are less expensive than for the BK Sub C.

Thank you for reading.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
They both have their pros and cons..
In the end it's up to you on what you decide to purchase.. Maybe even both? :thumbup:

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
I see this question a lot. The 16610 and 116610 are to totally different beasts. I would get both and enjoy them as they are unless you find a modder to correct the issues. You gotta remember that for $500 your paying less than 10% of the actual cost of the gen. If you can get a 1:1 perfect rep for $500 then why bother spending 5,000$?? Don't look into these watches too much. Don't stare at them closely. just buy what you like, wear them in good health and if anyone calls you out (99.9999% of the population won't be able to) just chuckle and say yes it's a rep.

Pablo2014

2/4/14
IMO Some of the flaws you have listed are quite minor and you have missed some of the bigger flaws, but at the end of the day it's down to what you can live with. Both watches are of a good standard and unless you are planning to go down the franken route for detail it's best to just enjoy wearing them and 9 times out of 10 no one will know its a rep!

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
The TC is the MORE Accurate watch among the the two ! Period !! The BKLM is not the most accurate among the two. Fact. Holding both watches in your hand, in the flesh will make a believer in you. The TC wins. Fact. And a Gen bezel insert wont work out in a BKLM just like that !! Nope it wont ! Lots of mods to get that fitting right. Fact. I have nothing to gain or loose in stating this reality check 'facts'. Just saying it the way it IS !! They are completely different watches. For different folks. The perfectionist will always hands down pick the TC, all of the time. In stock form, the TC is the champ, the standard. If you got a TC, you will never be happy with a BKLM. If you have a BKLM, then you will long for a TC. Different folks, different strokes, but the plain truth prevails. .............Some good reading about the 116610 versus a gen, an eye opener for you 'ceramic guys' . https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...610LN-Side-by-Side-with-a-BK-116610LN-Noob-v5

JoeyT

11/8/14
Also I think gen parts are cheaper for the 16610 then they are for the 116610

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
I see the pot being stirred to a boil once again on this question. All I can say is, a lot of reading, and comparisons are in order here for those new to this debate. Listen to the facts among owners of both watches. Accuracy facts. Happiness checks. Smile checks. I will miss you 'boo hoo hoo'' cry's when forced to sell a TC. And so on. All these things mean a whole damn lot. Who buys the TC ? And who buys the BKLM. Compare, and decide. Both are great watches, but there can only be one "Number 1 watch", and I dont think there is a Number 2, a Number 3 perhaps.

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
"These last flaws for me are fatal and overshadow the overall almost perfect super rep" Its A REPLICA WATCH. You have no choice but to live with the "fatal flaws" because there is no almost perfect super rep. If you cant live with the flaws then buy a gen. But then even the gen might have flaws, so what will you do, complain to the AD? Buy the damned watch you like, wear it and enjoy it, if you cant do that this hobby is not for you.

sicilianu

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/8/14
After reading A LOT, for 4 weeks now, I'm still asking myself that question, for the quality (even if both models are different 16610 for TC and 116610 for BK or Noob Sub C V5) one would like to know which one is a better super rep over all?

I was inclining for TC's but I've read that the dial can almost always come off-centered due to a DWO justification problem. Is this problem corrected in the newer version or is it still a fact? I've heard the defines argument against this saying that even genuine Subs sometimes have misaligned dials and that one shouldn't really be worried about these minor details.

On the other hand, the BK has a correctly aligned engraved rehaut if that counts for something, a factory perfect blue lume and the BK DWO is said on many forums to be better than TC DWO V4. In fact that TC DWO miss-alignment or justification problems its the cause of the Dial off-centeredness. Another point in favour of the BK Sub-C super rep is the INDICES or minute markers are identical to Gen, because every 5 minute marker is bolder and whiter than the others, and touch the rehaut just like the gen while TC's indices are all the same and don't touch the rehaut like the gen. In favour of TC's, the T in the "chronometer" lettering is flawed in BKs and not in TC's.

I hope the experts chime in. I repeat, Ive been told the solution is to just "live with the misaligned Dial in TC's because the quality overall is so great that those minor details don't matter). Even if that may be fundamentally true, but ignoring that last statement which one is a better or a more accurate/less inaccurate, more gen-like super rep and why?

These are my conclusions:
OOTB BK's 116610 LN Sub c is more accurate, the only flaws are minor and are not bold enough numbers on the Insert and the rolex logo not being bold enough and "T" lettering flaw, so you need to buy a gen dial, which is pricier than a gen dial for TC's (which you don't really need), also need to buy an insert which is more expensive than TC's (which you also need to change).

OOTB TC sub V6 is awesome, but the off-centered dial is a dead give a way and would bother me for sure. The STRONG points are, the gen parts are like 40% less expensive than the near 6 digit model 116610 LN. What I REALLY hate is the fact that TC himself says the solution is to "just live with the Dial's off centeredness because even Gen subs sometimes are off centered" and the cult like following of members stating just the same thing. These last flaws for me are fatal and overshadow the overall almost perfect super rep. Remember I'm speaking "OOTB", I know these flaws could be fixed by a modder watch smith by changing the DWO for a BK and aligning the Dial and that the gen parts for the TC are less expensive than for the BK Sub C.

Thank you for reading.
You can fool 99% of your friends with both of them but TC is far better than BK's Sub-C. The TC V6 with gen insert it's great ( you can put a lot of gen stuff on it comparing to BK SUB-C). The only things I can complain about TC Sub V6 are the lugs. The lugs are too thick and uneven comparing to gen sub. Many think also that the logo on the clasp is not as vivid as on the gen.

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
I understand all the points, I never meant to say I needed a perfetc exact copy identical to the gen, I want to re-state the point of my question, which one is MORE accurate in terms of both being a super rep.

@pablo:
Like the Case Lugs being of different form and wider? I've seen some people even mod the TC case in a machinist shop to more gen standards.
I love to learn more and more about reps every day!

@Quetip : yours is a better idea but I don't have funds for both right now!

@sawalke and JoeyT
: I know its a replica and of course I'd wear it with pride , I specified this, I only wanted to know who is who in the super rep battle.

@SUMIKITO: I believe you, the only thing that I'd like to know about the dial off centeredness and the vendor not caring, I've read about users being bothered by that fact and not being taken care of, because its "such a small detail". Anyone care to post regarding this last point specifically? it is a fact, is it FIXABLE? is the BK DWO or a gen DWO going to solve this specific problem?

thank you to all! I love this place its a treasure throve of knowledge! and I mean it! thanks for having me and bearing with my noob questions! I don't want to be spoon fed the answers but I HAVE done my reading and homework and still have those small ignoring doubts.

hoanghung45

Renowned Member
12/10/14
my trained eye can spot v5 easily from a close look but it's impossible for me to spot a TC to be honest

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
there is no question that TC is better, as in much closer to gen. The noob case lug and bracelet sel are terrible and anyone will easily see it’s a Rep from more than arms length. The rounded shape looks cheap. Adding a Jf or Lf bracelet helps half the problem but there will likely be a gap and the case lugs still need to be filed down to a sharp edge.

Adding any gen parts will not help either.

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
You’re still asking which is closer to gen because super Rep is by definition closest to gen before being gen. The answer to this question every time it is asked on any forum is the TC. The quality relative to gen is superior. If you’re looking at super Rep to super Rep, the noob isn’t a super Rep. The tc is. But let’s assume both are. If you’re ranking which super Rep of all super reps on the market available, that’s still a nonsense question because it’a apples and oranges: Rolex super Rep is different than omega than iwc etc.

I understand all the points, I never meant to say I needed a perfetc exact copy identical to the gen, I want to re-state the point of my question, which one is MORE accurate in terms of both being a super rep.

@pablo:
Like the Case Lugs being of different form and wider? I've seen some people even mod the TC case in a machinist shop to more gen standards.
I love to learn more and more about reps every day!

@Quetip : yours is a better idea but I don't have funds for both right now!

@sawalke and JoeyT
: I know its a replica and of course I'd wear it with pride , I specified this, I only wanted to know who is who in the super rep battle.

@SUMIKITO: I believe you, the only thing that I'd like to know about the dial off centeredness and the vendor not caring, I've read about users being bothered by that fact and not being taken care of, because its "such a small detail". Anyone care to post regarding this last point specifically? it is a fact, is it FIXABLE? is the BK DWO or a gen DWO going to solve this specific problem?

thank you to all! I love this place its a treasure throve of knowledge! and I mean it! thanks for having me and bearing with my noob questions! I don't want to be spoon fed the answers but I HAVE done my reading and homework and still have those small ignoring doubts.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No competition, tc FTW hands down.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I have both TC and BK and I think the best choice for anyone is TC. I particularly love the TC 16610LV.

darkelfx

Known Member
11/9/15
I ordered a TC because of the recommendations of this forum. Generally speaking, people might talk about "major flaws" in both TC and BK, but who are you trying to fool? I guarantee you 90% of all the people around you won't be able to tell the difference. Even Gens have it's flaws, there's no perfection even if it's made by Rolex. Both watches will last you and unless you're going to franken the watch, you'll be satisfied either way. Although these "major flaws" might bother you, it won't bother anyone around you that isn't a watch expert. If you're bothered that much, then buy a gen. Otherwise, be happy you didn't have to spend an arm and a leg for it. Ultimately, the decision is up to you. A lot of people on this forum choose TC because it's reliable and the attention to detail placed in his watches and parts is remarkable. Now, BK is still great and to each their own.

barth

5/10/12
What everybody seems to forget about is that BK = Noob + a new datewheel (the stock being very good).

So stop comparing BK vs blablabla. It's Noob v5 vs something.

And the Rolex logo on the V5 dial is rubbish. this I can't live with.

adam909

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/15
might be a dumb question but where does one find a tc sub? I've done my ordering from intime. I just don't see it on there website. Link or website would be great.. Thanks Adam