• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Replica Dress Watch Guide

Nick1980

13/2/14
Should there be? Are there other watches to add to the list? If so, please let me know

You wrote:

To be added:

1. Frank Mueller Long Island
  2. Frank Mueller Casablanca (Possible)
  3. Longines - Master Moonphase (Possible)
And there're some PAMs, which are quite thin and could be used as dress watches: 292, 622, 380 and so on.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
You wrote:

To be added:

1. Frank Mueller Long Island
  2. Frank Mueller Casablanca (Possible)
  3. Longines - Master Moonphase (Possible)
And there're some PAMs, which are quite thin and could be used as dress watches: 292, 622, 380 and so on.

Fair enough, will do some research and add the requested items.

Jeane123

6/4/15
Very nice guide! We appreciate the time and effort you put into this ruski!!

Ruski91

12/10/12
The Guide has now been updated to include:

1) FM - Casablanca
2) Longines Master Moonphase
3) PAM 380
4) PAM 292

These have been updated as per request. I am not putting the 622 on there because even though it is a thin watch, at 47mm it is hardly a dress watch. While i am sure we have members with 8.5" + wrists who can pull this off as a dress watch, to the rest of us it just wont go that well. Just my opinion ofcourse. I have the watch, so if people really want me to include it i will.

C124

Renowned Member
25/11/14
I think a dress watch is subjective, I personally like a watch in the 34-38mm range , a vintage gold cased omega or longines on a croc would be my choice to pair with formal wear. I couldn't wear a PAM or a diver watch but that's just me

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
OMG, why, why I opened this topic, so much temptantions, I must resist :) :) thanks a lot! What about adding TH Carrera?

Nick1980

13/2/14
OMG, why, why I opened this topic, so much temptantions, I must resist :) :) thanks a lot! What about adding TH Carrera?

Don't even think to open ALE's PAM Guide then ). It'll be much more hard to resist ).

zerosette

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/15
Great post, definitely handy when looking for another watch to narrow the choices.

Markm19682002

Horology Curious
12/9/15
Personally I think this is a watch I could wear as a dress watch. http://www.puretime.watch/category/alain-silberstein/

d3f459b975803e11223160f92fa1eabc.jpg

42mm and probably my favourite panerai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irvin

21/9/15
SG
Omega's de ville tresor is a beautiful dress watch as well :laugh:

Snoochers

Horology Curious
15/10/15
What are the criteria for including a watch in this review (other than being dressy)? Is it that the watch needs to have received a decent review? If so, I'd still love to see a list of watches that have not been reviewed but that can still be considered dressy. As someone new to watches I find myself looking through hundreds of pictures to find nice dress watches!

StrawberryFields

9/1/13
What are the criteria for including a watch in this review (other than being dressy)? Is it that the watch needs to have received a decent review? If so, I'd still love to see a list of watches that have not been reviewed but that can still be considered dressy. As someone new to watches I find myself looking through hundreds of pictures to find nice dress watches!

I'd define a dress watch as having a leather strap as standard with a smaller, minimal dial.

The PAM above is a beauty but not certain RE a 42mm with a suit.

Snoochers

Horology Curious
15/10/15
I agree. I am not so concerned about how to define a dressy watch, but rather how the decision is made about which dressy watches are included in this review

highlander

21/6/14
great list, i'm thinking my next will be a dress, like the PAM 380 very much.

Ruski91

12/10/12
There is no real criteria here guys, hell i wear 44 and 47mm pams with dress shirts and ties all week long, but i know that this isnt a popular opinion so that being said - i just figured there have been so many threads started about dress watches that i would try my best to consolidate some of the better ones out there all in one place for everyone to see. I am sure i could work on this thing daily and still miss great pieces.

One of which will certainly be added soon - Newly released IWC 5007 (Really the 5001). This new release from two different makers is getting quite the buz in the IWC section and i hope to own one soon myself.

Snoochers

Horology Curious
15/10/15
I am certainly not bringing into question what you call a dress watch and in fact I completely agree with your selection! What I do mean, is how do you chose specific dress watches to included in this thread? Are these watches that have been well reviewed? I noticed they all had reviews, so that was my natural assumption.

Also, I'll just ask straight up: Do you know of any good dressy reps that are 10mm thick or less? I am having a hell of a time finding any... I noticed the JLC Reserve the Marche and the Nomos you listed are both around 10mm, but I can't find many others...