• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Replica Dress Watch Guide

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Atgm / Chronomate: +1 - the IWC Ingenieur Laureus is an amazing watch - great photos!
Everytime I see photos like your I want to buy it as a dress watch myself, however I hesitate as it is (true to gen) relatively thick (14mm according to Puretime).
I am worried it's a bit too thick to wear with a suit - how is your experience?

It's a bit snug under some of my dress shirts, but fine under the jacket. I also have large wrists, which may account for that.

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
[MENTION=52234]Ruski91[/MENTION] nice info, are there any updates to your list ATM.

connectionsimc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/16
I'm surprised there's no mention of the IWC Laureus Ingenieur. It's simple, classy, has the stunning blue dial, and enough little things to make it stand out from the "plain dress watch" crowd. I have one coming in from Lucy. :)

6yXYnDK.jpg

Image yoinked from a post by @Mirage showcasing it because he took such a classy picture.

Can vouch for this one - it's beautiful. Pls get a santoni for this one though. Nothing else will add to the beauty of the dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

connectionsimc

3/5/16
Actually the glushette senator sixties is amazing as well and I have seen reps on some websites. They looked very nice

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
+1 for ingenieur, the sunburst dial is amazing. Portuguese 7 Days 5001/5007 is also a nice dressy one.

G_sus

Renowned Member
9/11/15
This thread has really turned me on the VC overseas

No doubt be impossible to get a decent once nowadays, but I always like a challenge!

Donjuanm80

15/6/13
Can vouch for this one - it's beautiful. Pls get a santoni for this one though. Nothing else will add to the beauty of the dial

I have now also bought the IWC Ingy Laureus -great watch, noob rep is very accurate, blue dial is amazing.
It is however quite thick (as per gen) so anyone looking for a thin dress watch to fit under shirt cuff should keep that in mind.
On the other hand it's also great in more casual setting e.g. with jeans...

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Something by ABP Paris!

Just to update people, I've tried the Santoni (touching in the shop, decided against it), OEM, and Vic... and I'm loving the Vic. Definitely beats OEM prices!

Ruski91

12/10/12

Ruthless750

Horology Curious
4/1/14
This thread is a beauty

Ps I own a FM Long Island and with a dial swap to original (eBay cost $40) the watch is very close to get. Not a Super Rep as its a bit thicker but the rest is solid with closed caseback