• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Posting back to China

BigBoo

28/6/15
Has anyone any experience of posting faulty goods back to China?

I purchased my first rep recently and after only a couple of weeks one of the pusher buttons came out and will not go back in

I've been in touch with the TD, he says send it back and he'll have it fixed but 'DO NOT use FEDEX, TNT, DHL, UPS because these couriers will have customs problems in China'!

I'm in the EU (Spain), it would appear my postage options are limited, has anyone ever sent any goods back? if so, any help on how best to go about it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Lindt

Renowned Member
9/4/15
Slovenia
Sending watch back to China is really risky,... If you have an option take it to your local watchsmith and ask if he can fix your problem, it should be an easy fix.

BigBoo

28/6/15
Sending watch back to China is really risky,... If you have an option take it to your local watchsmith and ask if he can fix your problem, it should be an easy fix.

I just wish I had a local watchsmith willing to handle a counterfeit watch!… Why is sending stuff back to China so risky?

renoz

25/5/12
Envia por Correo con numero de seguimento, vale 12€ a China.
De las 3 o 4 que enviè pa China me fui muy bien...

BigBoo

28/6/15
Envia por Correo con numero de seguimento, vale 12€ a China.
De las 3 o 4 que enviè pa China me fui muy bien...

Although I live and work in spain I'm actually English and my spanish is almost non existent :blushing:.
Can I ask, how did you send them? did you just go along to the local post office and send as you would with any normal package?

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
I've sent a watch back to China. I very carefully followed the instructions given to me to the letter (including copying and pasting a lot of Chinese characters into the address fields of the Royal Mail's postage website!) and filled the customs form exactly as requested and it got back there, and back to me, within two weeks.

This IS NOT the usual experience for returns, but I wanted to give an example of when it does go okay. The dealer concerned is a TD at RWG (but not here).

BigBoo

28/6/15
I've sent a watch back to China. I very carefully followed the instructions given to me to the letter (including copying and pasting a lot of Chinese characters into the address fields of the Royal Mail's postage website!) and filled the customs form exactly as requested and it got back there, and back to me, within two weeks.

This IS NOT the usual experience for returns, but I wanted to give an example of when it does go okay. The dealer concerned is a TD at RWG (but not here).

Sounds promising, mind you, I've not been given an awful lot of instructions from the TD - just an address, declare it as a toy watch with a value of 20USD and instructions NOT to use FEDEX, TNT, DHL, or UPS. What I'm not really understanding is how I post it and stipulate NOT to use these couriers!
I could send it Royal Mail from the UK but do Royal Mail ever 'farm' work out? what I mean is, could they move it on to one of the 'no go' couriers?

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
Sounds promising, mind you, I've not been given an awful lot of instructions from the TD - just an address, declare it as a toy watch with a value of 20USD and instructions NOT to use FEDEX, TNT, DHL, or UPS. What I'm not really understanding is how I post it and stipulate NOT to use these couriers!
I could send it Royal Mail from the UK but do Royal Mail ever 'farm' work out? what I mean is, could they move it on to one of the 'no go' couriers?

I highly doubt they farm it out. Ordinary post office is the way to go, I would suggest.

You could always try a local watch repair market stall (not a watch dealer) as it looks like it should be a really easy fix (says the man who has just broken a watch attempting to fix it...)

BigBoo

28/6/15
I highly doubt they farm it out. Ordinary post office is the way to go, I would suggest.

You could always try a local watch repair market stall (not a watch dealer) as it looks like it should be a really easy fix (says the man who has just broken a watch attempting to fix it...)

If I'm honest I'm not sure where to start with regards a local watch repair market stall but it does make perfect sense Metalmickey, (seems daft sending a watch half way around the world for a simple fix). I'll have a scoot around locally and see whats what but if nothing doing I guess I'll give the ordinary post office a go.
I'd attempt a fix myself but I absolutely know if I did I'd be in the same situation as you!

Fun this hobby isn't it!:sad:

Many thanks for you comments

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Yes, no problem, standard Royal Mail international tracked. Cost £12, got there in 3 weeks. But my TD did supply an address to print off in Chinese script.

BigBoo

28/6/15
Yes, no problem, standard Royal Mail international tracked. Cost £12, got there in 3 weeks. But my TD did supply an address to print off in Chinese script.

I guess I could ask the TD to give me the address in Chinese and do the same.
Did you actually stick the Chinese script address on the front of the package? or was it in English as well?
Just wondering if Royal Mail could process the package if the destination address were only in Chinese.

BigBoo

28/6/15

Did you actually stick the Chinese script address on the front of the package? or was it in English as well?
Just wondering if Royal Mail could process the package if the destination address were only in Chinese.

marchar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/15

Hi Big Boo,

I have recently returned a watch to a TD from here. I sent the watch by Parcel Force trackable. it cost £47. they received it back in around 7 days. it is now on its way back, sent airmail at the TD's expense.

Good luck

Marchar

BigBoo

28/6/15
Hi Big Boo,

I have recently returned a watch to a TD from here. I sent the watch by Parcel Force trackable. it cost £47. they received it back in around 7 days. it is now on its way back, sent airmail at the TD's expense.

Good luck

Marchar

Hi Marcher,
Many thanks, I feel a bit more confident now, do you mind me asking, The Chinese address on the package, was it in English?

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK

I've just looked at the photos I sent to the TD of the parcelled up watch. And I'm entirely WRONG. I'm sure there was Chinese writing somewhere but it must have been on the label they got me to put inside the package.
The Ghuang Zhou address on the outside of the package is entirely in English. My apologies for miss-remembering. Can't understand how the previous poster spent £47 sending one back, mine was £12.45 by Royal Mail. This is a small package and does not need Parcel Force.

renoz

25/5/12
Although I live and work in spain I'm actually English and my spanish is almost non existent :blushing:.
Can I ask, how did you send them? did you just go along to the local post office and send as you would with any normal package?

Sorry, yes local post office, specify that it's for China and also for "numero de seguimineto" (tracking number)
they give you a paper to fill in with delivery address in China.
i use to print my own label to stick on the parcel, shoot a picture of the parcel before shipping, ask for approvation from TD that delivery address is all correct and send.
cost 12€

hope it help

cheers

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
I had the address to send to given me in English and Chinese by the TD as they said the local postman wouldn't be able to understand an English written address which makes sense.
Might be wrong but the Royal Mail international tracked for around £12 is only tracked within the UK. OK I think but is probably why the other comment above by the one who chose Parcel Force for £48. I will use the £12 RM for my return and hope all goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBoo

28/6/15
Sorry, yes local post office, specify that it's for China and also for "numero de seguimineto" (tracking number)
they give you a paper to fill in with delivery address in China.
i use to print my own label to stick on the parcel, shoot a picture of the parcel before shipping, ask for approvation from TD that delivery address is all correct and send.
cost 12€

hope it help

cheers

Brilliant, thank you very much indeed renoz :punk:

marchar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/15
Hi Marcher,
Many thanks, I feel a bit more confident now, do you mind me asking, The Chinese address on the package, was it in English?

Hi Big Boo,

No I didn't have the address in Chinese just the English address that the TD gave me. it may be wise to use both on a label if you can.

Marchar

renoz

25/5/12
No need to put the address in Chinese, probably a lot more possibility taht you write it wrong and then the parcel is f*ck somewhere and then complaining that your TD is saying that he never received the pack and you open a ticket, cry for scam, open a PP dispute, call the FBI.... Make it easy: adress indicated by TD, your on the back, photo of the parcel well packed, picture the parcel, picture the paper, mail to TD together with tracking. Then of course s!ht can always happen but less and less nowadays, post are really efficient.