• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Quick&Dirty KW PAM 127 comments

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Great review, thank you Polonus. I asked COLDI to compare ZF and Noob. He has both 127.

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
let's skip questionable sunburst effect on KW version.
The biggest difference I see now is lack of micrometric brushing effect which we can see without hassle on the gen, even without strong light.
KW127 seems to be just polished.
Gold painted gears without polish are also noticeable

GEN here.
panerai-luminor-1950-pam-127-special-edition-caseback.jpg

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
The problem is:

- the GEN has it's bridges brushed in sunburst effect and slightly polished
- ZF has them just brushed to achieve sunburst effect but no polishing
- KW has them brushed to achieve sunburst effect and OVER-polished

to Shevie: your "micrometric brushing effect" = sunburst effect

What is interesting, looking for many photos of gen 127 it looks like the polishing out effect is of various power.

- soft one, almost like KW:
PAM127_3X.jpg

or this, strong light:
OJPAM127Caseback.jpg

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Ok guys!

As promised here are some comparison pics between my noob last batch (early 2014 I think) and current PolonusTM's KW/V6F version.
I'd like to thank Polonus for sending me his pics in no time, I tried my best to capture my shots from similar angles in order to compare shapes and finish.
Please keep in mind these pics are not meant to be used to compare colors of dial/indices/inscriptions and so on, me and Polonus have different camera setups.

Without further ado let's start the

FIGHT! :)

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

Noob

KW

It's late night here, I'll leave my comments for later. I hope you enjoy the pics and find them useful.

Lindt

Renowned Member
9/4/15
Slovenia
Quick&Dirty KW PAM 127 comments

Hmmm... I'm not an expert but i can tell in some cases KW is better than NOOB? Correct me if i'm wrong :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

svshawn

Renowned Member
24/2/14
Totally agree. I think KW crystal distortion is better and officine panerai on movement is much better. Very close but KW has done a great job. So imho if noob was crowned super rep before it's safe to say KW just took that title. Great job guys. Thank you for doing such a great job!!

daniel10n

17/3/15
Looks like the KW has a bluish tinted crystal, something that was corrected on later NOOB versions. It could be the photography as I haven't seen seen this on other photos. But the crystal does appear better on the noob.

Maduro

Known Member
17/2/13
kilo & Polonus many many thanks for your time & effort in bringing some clarity to a very clouded subject. Am I to assume that the KW & V6 127 are the same watch?

Sent from my flat touch screen thing using Tapatalk

svshawn

Renowned Member
24/2/14
kilo & Polonus many many thanks for your time & effort in bringing some clarity to a very clouded subject. Am I to assume that the KW & V6 127 are the same watch?

That would be correct

Maduro

Known Member
17/2/13
Thank you svshawn!

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
Totally agree. I think KW crystal distortion is better and officine panerai on movement is much better. Very close but KW has done a great job. So imho if noob was crowned super rep before it's safe to say KW just took that title. Great job guys. Thank you for doing such a great job!!

IMO the KW is on par, overall not any better as it has some areas where it is better, but other areas where it is worse. One big tell for the KW is the dial lume. The lume on the dial and hands should match, but the lume on the KW dial is too green.
Also I think the crystal distortion is a non-issue as there are Gen's with bad distortion and including the "line" distortion as well.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Looks like the KW has a bluish tinted crystal, something that was corrected on later NOOB versions. It could be the photography as I haven't seen seen this on other photos. But the crystal does appear better on the noob.

No, there is no tint on crystal from any angle; I just took photos next to the window with cloudy/rainy sky (summer in Poland, meh...).

I agree the dial lume charges more efficient than lume on hands.

I think Noob 127 has worthly replacement now :)

BTW Specification & Certificate cards made for fun (PDF):

Specification

Certificate

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
A few things that have not been noticed yet - the jewels have improved on the KW over the Noob and also it appears that KW is also using Gold Color for the Panerai writting as apposed to the plain stock yellowish that noob used to have.

Overall with the addtion of the Incabloc which is a nice touch for those who know what they are looking at, and the changes I mentioned above. As well as the minor differences that have been discussed already, it does apear to me (IMHO) that Polonus is right and that the KW is at least an equal match to its noobian predecessor :)

Special thanks to Kilo and Polonus for getting this together. Next step is for you too to meet up and shoot these side by side lol

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
That would be uber cool :)