• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
I might just pick up all three and see what i like. The price isnt too steep on these, so we shall see.

Suncoast

29/6/12
Okay so at what point did you file notice on AE? The day before the final deadline? Also why would you extend protection? That would only seem to help the seller in prolonging the refund back to you.

My understanding with Aliexpress is that the seller doesn't actually get paid until you confirm receipt of the item, I might be wrong but I think thats how it goes. Might be worth extending it for a week.

iflyplaness

Horology Curious
19/4/15
My understanding with Aliexpress is that the seller doesn't actually get paid until you confirm receipt of the item, I might be wrong but I think thats how it goes. Might be worth extending it for a week.

This is correct. When you use Alipay, Aliexpress collects the money. Until you confirm the goods are received or the protection timer runs out, the seller does not get paid. If there is a problem and you submit sufficient proof, Aliexpress will return the money to you.

kohr

Known Member
20/12/12
P4GTR,

Thanks for the Shirogorov knife review. I've never bought anything from AliExpress before, and just pulled the trigger on one of those Shirogorov's. I wanted the red one, but it was out of stock, so I settled for the orange. I'm used to daily carrying my Benchmade 585 Barrage, which I love, best knife I've ever owned, but I'm always afraid I'll loose it, especially when I'm out fishing. $35 on the other hand, won't be so upsetting if lost, just hope it's a good knife.

lindoko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/12
I did get a Para Military 2 from there last year, think it was 14$. But there are different versions, some with correct locking. Just received 3 mechanical pencils with a bag of extra leads for 4.5$. Same price as one at the local store.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
Anyone get clothing? Thinking about some Ralph Lauren and some Hilfiger dress shirts. I got a RL sweater from ioffer and it was a piece of shit after two washings.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
This is correct. When you use Alipay, Aliexpress collects the money. Until you confirm the goods are received or the protection timer runs out, the seller does not get paid. If there is a problem and you submit sufficient proof, Aliexpress will return the money to you.

What if you don't sign up for alipay and pay directly with CC of the AE site. Same thing?

Ruski91

12/10/12
^^ I believe it works the same way. I have been paying that way as i didnt want to leave my info with aliepay, but i still have to confirm the goods are received before they are released to the seller.

and to your previous question - i did get a short sleeve button down shirt from there. Quality was pretty decent, and it looked good. just a tad but small. Be carefull with sizing when ordering.

lindoko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/12
works the same way with cc, money back if they not ship on time.
Also if the seller accept you can cancel order and get money back before they ship.

Regarding clothing its a mixed bag. So far 1 order has been way to small according the sellers chart. But you can get some refund and use it as a gift.

Order at least 2 sizes bigger or read reviews. Got two jackets the last months for 33$ each that has been fine.

robin001

Looking Around
12/3/15
those pens in china only sold for rmb15?that is less than USD3 with low quality

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
Anyone get clothing? Thinking about some Ralph Lauren and some Hilfiger dress shirts. I got a RL sweater from ioffer and it was a piece of shit after two washings.

I have gotten some clothing. Two rules

Make sure you pay enough, if that makes sense. $20 for a nice designer polo is good. I would expect anything less than $10-15 to be garbage, so why even bother.

Make sure you read all of the sizing information. Use their size charts, and round up.

yodog

Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Anyone interested in shoes here? The Nike runners on aliexpress (or any replica chinese sit elike taobao) are of FANTASTIC quality. I remember 5-10 years ago the nikes were literally spelled NIKA and adidas was ABIBOS and felt like wearing cardboard boxes soaked in the rain on your feet. I just got in a pair of Nike Roshe run flyknits and honestly aside from a couple small tells they are 100% as comfy and nice looking as my gen ones. Now, the price difference isn that much (retail Roshes go for $60-$250) I got the reps for $45.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Got a link to the shoes? Was the sizing the same as north America?

yodog

Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
yes the sizing is pretty much the same as the retail sizing, but obviously sizing for gen models vary from shoe to shoe. On aliexpress just search anything, air max, roshe, AM, alot of them will pop up. The search words like NIke and Adidas all work, the pictures of the shoes are redacted however so it looks funny. They photoshop like two swooshes to pretend like its not Nike lol :sleep:

C124

Renowned Member
25/11/14
Got my first parcel today , a brown MB wallet. It's okay for the money( £9). Not branded inside which I was a little disappointed about but non the less it's a decent wallet, it has a plasticky feeling and a chemical smell, I'm hoping with abit of wear it will look better.

I ordered a different style in black which cost £6, I'm not expecting too much from that one.

0352f0c353505e00207627fe2d214cf7.jpg
23bcbe13e26c1f3a35e3f6357328b809.jpg
07c3b870bcd1f00dc3f7828a84078502.jpg
44a80cfb9f9890a39039fcacd735b355.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk