• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZFac & KW-V6Fac PAM 569 are coming!! - [QC pics allowed]

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Hi Guys... First post for me here (although been into reps since 2002 or so)...

I saw that the 569 went on sale at a certain TD site and was so happy... When I got the QC pics, the CG shape was wrong (just a half moon, no chamfers). I complained about it and he said that I was looking for a gen watch!!??
Then he sent me another tiny photo (not a qc just off his website), and it looked better but I wanted to see real qc pics...
In the end, he was unable to comply, and sent a refund... I think he thought I would be a PITA, where actually, I just want a good quality watch as advertised!! :-S

Anyway, I've read through this thread; it 'seems' that everyone is happier with the KW V6F version (which is also the Kuvarsit I hope!), but there 'could be' issues with the CP and the bezel dot lume. Is that pretty much true?

But THEN, there is a new version of this with a seagull movement. Is this the same case as the preferred version, but with a different movement?

Can someone tell me who Ken is?

Is the KW V6F still the darling of the day?

Is the seagull alternative 28,800 or lower beat?

Cheers!

KW is the pick. Pearl and CP are the main things to look out for with this one. Seagull is low beat but fine with such a small second hand. If you can get the seagull with a flat pearl and CP, go for it. But it seems to me that the CP and pearl isn't as good so be careful and ask for a close pic of each.

taku

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/15
16461749919_920ee411be_z.jpg

nice strap, where u get it?

swdivad

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/3/06
I've changed my mind on the TD to purchase from for this watch... after much research on the service and replies from 3 dealers I've chosen Sead.

I've just got back the QC pics (I didn't even know 640x480 was a format people still use these days) and they 'seem' acceptable despite their tiny size and resolution... so I guess it's on it's way! So excited!

taku

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/15
Here my Pam569 KW V6F from TSWatch, having issue with the local courier got my address but was sorted out and arrived today... Nice and loving it, now waiting for my new strap to come...

Pam-Fan

Known Member
3/11/08
You guys are aware we have talented modders on the forums that can fix CP issues, right? We collectively have unrealistic expectations. Get one, send to a modder, and you're good to go. Dealers must be pulling their hair out these days.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
You guys are aware we have talented modders on the forums that can fix CP issues, right? We collectively have unrealistic expectations. Get one, send to a modder, and you're good to go. Dealers must be pulling their hair out these days.

Well of course if the CP situation were the norm than the exception and you have access to a modder, then it's no problem at all. But if you could get it fixed OTB fairly easily and modders did not exist in your neck of the woods (and it's a big possibility), then it would be the route you'd want to go.

Xswapper5

Renowned Member
Supporter
6/3/14
Texas
Anyone has the Seagull already? I might be getting one as well (apart from KW)....

One question: the sunken / pointy CP is something that can me remedied / modded?
I got my seagull the other day from sead, looks great. The cp was not pointy in mine but it can def be modded, I may have dochere2 do sone work on it after I wear it for a while

carboncopy

4/12/14
Well of course if the CP situation were the norm than the exception and you have access to a modder, then it's no problem at all. But if you could get it fixed OTB fairly easily and modders did not exist in your neck of the woods (and it's a big possibility), then it would be the route you'd want to go.

Just Received a seagull movement KW 569 and it's very very noisy compared to the KW A7750 PAMs 438 or bronzo that I own. As I don't have any watchmakers or modders to turn to, this issue is very irritating! Some of us really appreciate items as advertised when we buy the rep. Purchase decisions are done with full knowledge of its flaws so we know what to expect. This noisy movement is really unexpected and it's likely My 569 will be a box queen now.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Just Received a seagull movement KW 569 and it's very very noisy compared to the KW A7750 PAMs 438 or bronzo that I own. As I don't have any watchmakers or modders to turn to, this issue is very irritating! Some of us really appreciate items as advertised when we buy the rep. Purchase decisions are done with full knowledge of its flaws so we know what to expect. This noisy movement is really unexpected and it's likely My 569 will be a box queen now.

Did you discuss this with your dealer? What did he propose to do about the situation?

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Did you discuss this with your dealer? What did he propose to do about the situation?

TBH I don't think the dealer will do anything about a noisy rotor as long as the watch works fine.
Imho rotor noise is a very subjective matter.
Possibly oiling it a bit would already help, he could try fixing it himself, or bring it to a watchsmith, or live with it. Selling it m2m should not be difficult at a very modest loss also.

carboncopy

4/12/14
TBH I don't think the dealer will do anything about a noisy rotor as long as the watch works fine.
Imho rotor noise is a very subjective matter.
Possibly oiling it a bit would already help, he could try fixing it himself, or bring it to a watchsmith, or live with it. Selling it m2m should not be difficult at a very modest loss also.

This's what I was thinking... it is a working watch so I will have to live with it. The fact that some of us are not able to fix our watches and do not have watch smiths around who would touch reps are really stuck with what we buy. I will try to write to my TD as Mysterio suggested as see what can be done. I have already written the watch off to be honest so a quick mail wouldn't hurt...

Anyway, just for info. does anyone know if the seagull movements are generally noisier the the A7750? If it is indeed, I will stay away from them in future :)

sweden

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/13
I highly doubt a TD will accept return because of that. Also it means costly shipping back and customs risk.
Send it to modder wont cost much, some lub at right places at it will be fine most likely.
There are modders at this site and more on others who can fix it, so cant really see what the problem is.

swdivad

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/3/06
So, is this an inherent issue with the ST2555 or is it a one off?

I haven't read about this until now and I've just ordered the PAM 569 with ST2555 from Sead; I don't think it's shipped yet.

spursian

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
I have different Pam KW models using both the ST and the 7750. Not experienced any noisy rotors on my Pam 351, pam 386 and Pam 359, which are all on ST2555. In fact, i can feel the rotor more on my Pam 243 a7750. Perhaps it's your specific watch.

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
my 441 with st2555 movement is very quiet. i've owned a 7750 pam 312 before and that was noisy as anything

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
OF COURSE, this noisy rotor is a specific problem of your watch
Usually A7750 rotors are more noisy than Seagull. But decoration of movements produces additional issues like that
Try to get the help of a watchsmith before nothing, maybe some oiling or a little adjustment is enough
Anyway that is a very "small" problem for a rep. Try to understand it.

ALE