• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question on BK's Sub-C Green (Hulk)

thekevinguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/15
Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy my first rep and trying to skip all of the lower quality ones by going for one of BK's sub mods. My main question here is on the dial of the hulk. I've read a lot of places that the color is off from the gen and this is a big problem for me. Im here to ask if anyone knows if this has been corrected at all either by newer models or if bk does anything about it? like i said i am trying to get the best quality rolex rep that i can and i don't really want to be spending this kind of money on something that will bug me because of an incorrect color. Thank you so much to anyone who can help me out with this! Also, I'm having a very hard time trying to pick between the black and the green sub, i think this problem with the dial color on the green has pushed me to lean to the black but I'm still very curious to know if the color is still a problem. Thanks again!

D

d4m.test

If You don´t want to gamble get a black one. Beautiful to look at, goes with everything, easy to resell and You take no chances. For something with green on it I would choose TC´s lv with the green insert. Just save the hulk for later.

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
doesnt matter imo. ive seen many hulks, both gens and reps from where i work. they both look good either way. no ones gonna be able to tell or care about it

thekevinguy

11/3/15
Thanks for the advise! I think black is definitely the safe option and I can alway go for the green later if improvements are made

D

d4m.test

Thanks for the advise! I think black is definitely the safe option and I can alway go for the green later if improvements are made

Above I said go with the black and it´s my opinion but the new Noob V5 hulk is improved and looks very good if You come across some pics.

thekevinguy

11/3/15
Above I said go with the black and it´s my opinion but the new Noob V5 hulk is improved and looks very good if You come across some pics.

I've been looking at a lot of different sellers for the hulk and I know bk's mod of it is beautiful but I just don't know how accurate the dial and bezel are compared to the gen. I don't want to be worrying about it after I've dropped $625. I figure no matter what I can't go wrong with the classic black

thekevinguy

11/3/15
also another quick question, does anyone know if bk's 2014 sub-c black is waterproof? i know its likely water resistant but id really like to be able to swim with my watch. id like to know if its rated to at least 5 atm

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Both 2014 green and black bezels have "tells".

You have to do your own research and decide "who has the best sub"

D

d4m.test

also another quick question, does anyone know if bk's 2014 sub-c black is waterproof? i know its likely water resistant but id really like to be able to swim with my watch. id like to know if its rated to at least 5 atm
BK performs a waterproof test (I think, check with him), costs $50 extra.

thekevinguy

11/3/15
Both 2014 green and black bezels have "tells".

You have to do your own research and decide "who has the best sub"

BK just informed me that he will have noobfactory v5 in stock in a little over a month, is there a big improvement from the v4 to v5?

wankerdude

Renowned Member
18/8/13
BK just informed me that he will have noobfactory v5 in stock in a little over a month, is there a big improvement from the v4 to v5?
Really bro??? If you want to know this info there are multiple threads going in the Rolex/Tudor section right now. Go read them and do some research. That is if you really care. No one here can tell you exactly what is the best you need to decide for yourself. Show some initiative.

thekevinguy

11/3/15
Really bro??? If you want to know this info there are multiple threads going in the Rolex/Tudor section right now. Go read them and do some research. That is if you really care. No one here can tell you exactly what is the best you need to decide for yourself. Show some initiative.
feel free to refer me to a page showing the improvements and differences between v4 and v5. I have no problem finding posts about each as an individual but can't find jack on a comparison. So once again feel free to drop a link over giving me a "really bro" because that doesn't help me at all. I've looked and I'm still looking, just thought i could get a little help by asking.

ajmahi

Known Member
14/9/14
feel free to refer me to a page showing the improvements and differences between v4 and v5. I have no problem finding posts about each as an individual but can't find jack on a comparison. So once again feel free to drop a link over giving me a "really bro" because that doesn't help me at all. I've looked and I'm still looking, just thought i could get a little help by asking.

See we all go through the same thing. What you need to do is just take some time and surf the Rolex section like wankerdude suggested. Most of us take our time and do our research. Yes there are many awesome members on this forum that go out of their way to each other out, but not to sound rude we can't always spoon feed info to everyone that just asks questions without looking hard enough.

Best thing is read as much as you can and examine pics of the V4 and then look at the pics that members have posted of the new V5. And you'll be able to see yourself.

Any hobby takes time and dedication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thekevinguy

11/3/15
See we all go through the same thing. What you need to do is just take some time and surf the Rolex section like wankerdude suggested. Most of us take our time and do our research. Yes there are many awesome members on this forum that go out of their way to each other out, but not to sound rude we can't always spoon feed info to everyone that just asks questions without looking hard enough.

Best thing is read as much as you can and examine pics of the V4 and then look at the pics that members have posted of the new V5. And you'll be able to see yourself.

Any hobby takes time and dedication.

Yeah like I said I've been looking. So far ive found that there are major differences in the bands, looks like the v5 took a step down but other than that the only other thing that I've been able to find is a paint difference in the dial that the v5 fixed. I'm just trying to see if anyone who knows a little more than I do can save me some time. I'll keep looking thou. Thanks everyone

ajmahi

Known Member
14/9/14
Yeah like I said I've been looking. So far ive found that there are major differences in the bands, looks like the v5 took a step down but other than that the only other thing that I've been able to find is a paint difference in the dial that the v5 fixed. I'm just trying to see if anyone who knows a little more than I do can save me some time. I'll keep looking thou. Thanks everyone

That's a good start. And in the end, these are all rep watches. They will never as "perfect" as the originals. Hence the reason that some of us will mod our watches with gen parts. But even the originals are not as "perfect" as many ppl believe them to be.

Good luck

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Your best bet is to just buy the watch you like and stop worrying about little imperfections. Nobody's gonna ever notice a slightly different shade of green or dial script that has a different font. There all reps and all of them have some issue.