• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which watches earn you the most complements?

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
My only compliments: SMP Chrono blue, stunning and rich looking girl commented that it looks nice. 292j, my male colleague loved it. Both gone now...I mean watches.

Brtis

24/2/13
I've had 2 watches pull compliments. The first is my noob Pam243. That watch has sparked conversations on at least 4 occasions. The other rep that has drawn a comment is my Pam372 on a Gunny strap, but that individual was a Panerai fan.

In my experience the size of the watch is what draws the attention. While I've had my subs or yachty get looks, the less sparkly but larger Pams get the comments.

kenny7890

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/9/14
Pam 372,
Ap bumble bee

Both from friends who knows shit about watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Panerai's always get the compliments. One and only watch anyone has said anything about. And from women too. LOL

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
For me it has been a tossup. Women have noticed my Omega Seamster Pro 300m GMT (rep).
omega_on_leather.jpg

Men have noticed my Glycine Model 18 (gen).
Glycine_on_Leather.jpg

Yes, to answer for the sharp eyed, it is the same strap in both pictures.

Ezio117

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/13
All of my pams (111,243,504,505) have gotten many compliments, especially pam 505, somehow women and girls i meet LOVE this watch a lot.

My AP diver has attracted a lot of attention from men, whom said that it is a really sexy ass watch.

I have a Cartier Santos chronograph but nobody has ever complimented on it before :(

Logan86

Renowned Member
27/12/14
The person who told me I was gonna get my arm cut off was a customer buying a car. I stopped wearing the day date to work after that.

That's weird. I did have a guy come up in a bar out of nowhere and say "I wouldn't wear that in here if I were you" once. I had my 1680 Sub on then and I just brushed it off.

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
Crazy enough , My $100 M2M purchased Quartz Breitling. Just goes to show All the money spent for Perfection is wasted on the AVG Joe..My new Gen Rolex ND gets no love (except for me i love it)

And this $59 Impulse buy

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
The rose gold panerais & rolex watches of course ;)

DaWatcher

29/3/11
My SOUTHBEACH KILLER. Hublot Big Bang King, rose gold case with white rubber strap.
20140801_104447.jpg

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
Another Hublot fan here......Fusion Classic His and Hers

garbear99

Known Member
17/12/12
I have had two compliments on my PAM 243. Someone also told me he really liked my Silix special orange PO. Nothing else.

logistic

1/12/14
I wear a watch like i wear underwear, most of the time ;). But rarely will i get complements. My team at work all wear watches and will talk about what we have but outside our group its pretty rare someone will say anything.

I have noticed some looks and few questions. Usally its if i have something that odd or unique on no matter if its nice or not. I think thats because most people dont know alot about watches or are too busy to notice.

That said my pam rep or rolex sub gets the most complements. Or possibly when i wear my red white and blue nato strap on my seiko or a vintage.
The handful of vintages i have to get complements most when people recognize them for being old. Mainly because the fact thats its old is interesting to alot of people who might not necessarily find interest in watches but like the fact that something can run for such a long time.

Resistor

9/11/14
Nobody ever notices or comments on my watches. The only ones which garner any attention at all are my Boschett Cave Dweller (because the case is so thick) and my Citizen Skyhawk A/T Blue Angels (because it looks complicated).

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
When I'm getting compliments for my watches, its mostly for APs as they got such a wrist presence. And of course Rolex, but thats just the name I guess..