• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Master Has Been Hard At Work ...

gashers82

1/1/14
I asked Domi about the movement ring when I had my RC built. He said it wasn't needed with the ROO builds. I trust his judgement.... but I do prefer the look with the ring installed (not that I ever open the back to look)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Same here... he is using a nice trick: the 3 movement tabs for the movement are screwed into the ring to secure both at one shot.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
The expert has just relayed to me that the J12 cases have a ridge where one can fasten the movement with tabs, whereas cases that need heavy work because of tube replacement (like my Noob-based White Themes Franken above) might lose their ridge through drilling/milling necessary for repair, and therefore might require a movement holder (my White Themes Franken actually has a movement holder). He sent photos of both, like the ones we have posted, and insisted, like gashers says above, that the movement holder is not at all necessary mechanically when the ridges are there, and costs additional money and time.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Can't wait to post the latest photos from the workshop as these are finished finally. :bounce:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
the discussion about the movement holder ring is rediculous, the time will come and Domi will not build any Frankens anymore or rase the price for the build about 50 %

sent from my iPad Air

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I was surprised about the directions the discussion here took too.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Some more photos of the finishing stages of the first two Franken Children, who have now been brought into life. A third will be coming ... TBC
CB1_zpssckakqqm.jpg

CB2_zps1jr5rvdv.jpg

CB3_zpsehv4clak.jpg

CB4_zpsoyqvfcen.jpg

CB6_zps1mbobpxo.jpg

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Thanks to Daytona and Micasol for their kind words. I like it too even if I could not find gen hands.

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Thanks to Daytona and Micasol for their kind words. I like it too even if I could not find gen hands.

Gen hands are for mad guys who're looking for perfection, the rep one modded are well, and finally it is very difficult to spot the difference between gen hands and rep modded.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Thanks ciceroyeah for the PM about the hands. Nice to see Micasol pop up here as well. He will understand the background behind the next sequence very well.
While all of us gentlemen are eating our dinner, the expert is hard at work on the 3rd case. (He is really working hard, like I said). This next sequence of photos from the workshop will dispel the idea (promoted by some commentators) that gen pushers (thanks Micasol) cannot be installed into a rep case. On the contrary, the expert found a way to do it.
CP1_zpsmourwz9n.jpg

CP2_zpsaqasbn4t.jpg

CP3_zps7ihq2ao9.jpg

CP4_zpsmqcebkmp.jpg

CP5_zpstnv9tbtk.jpg

CP6_zpsoezaxd0o.jpg

CP7_zpsz7wzbhqs.jpg

CP8_zpseeqsoh8f.jpg

CP9_zpsanejbef8.jpg

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Man I wish I had the machining skills and patience to work metal the way he does! Very beautiful indeed.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Very nice J, congrats ;)
No more words, Domi is a GENIUS

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Thanks ciceroyeah for the PM about the hands. Nice to see Micasol pop up here as well. He will understand the background behind the next sequence very well.
While all of us gentlemen are eating our dinner, the expert is hard at work on the 3rd case. (He is really working hard, like I said). This next sequence of photos from the workshop will dispel the idea (promoted by some commentators) that gen pushers (thanks Micasol) cannot be installed into a rep case. On the contrary, the expert found a way to do it.
CP1_zpsmourwz9n.jpg

CP2_zpsaqasbn4t.jpg

CP3_zps7ihq2ao9.jpg

CP4_zpsmqcebkmp.jpg

CP5_zpstnv9tbtk.jpg

CP6_zpsoezaxd0o.jpg

CP7_zpsz7wzbhqs.jpg

CP8_zpseeqsoh8f.jpg

CP9_zpsanejbef8.jpg

the master is the best, wow this blue theme will be awesome, and yes you could fit gen pushers on the rep case, my CP have the gen pushers.

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
from which factory your case is? On my CP is a noob case and to fit the gen pushers was plug and play, just the reset pusher is a little more deeper in the case than the start/stop one, but hard to spot the difference, took me 15 days to saw that.

really happy to see this full gen set of pushers crown fit in their new case.

OSX

Renowned Member
19/12/10
Very cool pics, thanks for sharing the progress. Not only Domi does great work, but he sends pictures, updates... He is in a league of his own.

is the third Franken my last grail the blue theme or the Classic ROO?

13000981133_ac078bd53b_o.jpg