• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chicago Customs Seized/Confiscated

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
Well, it was bound to happen. I've had about 30 shipments from China, several with multiple watches, almost all have gone though Chicago customs. Closest call was one package that was opened, inspected, and passed. I had a package that had no tracking updates since Dec 16th, and now I get the letter from US Customs telling me they're confiscating a counterfeit item, official notice within 30 days, blah blah blah.

It was an AP 44mm ROO and several straps. Someone knows their APs, I guess...

Sead of course, as always, is excellent, no problems there at all. Just figured I'd post just in case anyone else had shipments that didn't move for 3 weeks, or if any other problems came up with Chicago.

Sirlordcomic

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/8/14
oh no....mine is there since the 20th and hasn't had any update since then.

Shipping from HK? I've heard HK is affected by the Xmas slowdown, but I'm still waiting a long time for some stuff from Sead.

But I'm in Middle East, not Chi-Town!

Cydrone

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/14
I am in the same boat, you will get one of this

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Sorry but sometimes it does happen....oh, btw, you're not a VIP yet with all that buying and posting?

Cydrone

INMATE
16/1/14
Did Sead refund your money?

MortenAnd

Horology Curious
2/6/14
Danish costums caugth my omega - also with a nice letter with plans of the apocalypse

rek0001

1/1/13
So, pardon my ignorance, what happens now? Do you get on some sort of customs list flagged for future shipments? How are you going to handle future purchases and where they'll be delivered?
Sorry to hear of your customs issue.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
No you dont get flagged. Maybe if they nabbed a case of 500 fakes....then that would raise a red flag.

Cydrone

INMATE
16/1/14
You can kiss it good bye. Anything over 10 days in Customs is gone

Cydrone

INMATE
16/1/14
Yup, its time to cool down and give it a break. Anything coming from Guangzhou is in the red alert mode in Chicago. I lost 10 watches in the last 2 months

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Yup, its time to cool down and give it a break. Anything coming from Guangzhou is in the red alert mode in Chicago. I lost 10 watches in the last 2 months

Holy F%ck!! That's no joke. Oh man..

rek0001

1/1/13
Cydrone, seriously - you lost 10 watches to Customs?
How are you going to handle future purchases?

Tictock

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/1/15
Yikes thats scary to hear...il from chicago

rek0001

1/1/13
Update: my watch cleared Chicago Customs yesterday, no wait. Thank you sweet Jesus.

Question is, how to proceed from here? There's afew more watchesI'd like to acquire.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Just got a watch that came through Chicago customs....no problems whatsoever...