• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 45,5 mm. AT maker miyota

thewatchdog

26/6/14
In a hacking movement, when you pull out the crown, the seconds hand stops making it easy to regulate plus/minus few seconds a day.

thewatchdog

26/6/14
A non-hacking movement will not stop even after the crown is pulled out. Its difficult to regulate time on this movement.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I know I still need to do the comparison , but I will say with the scratched bezel which is a lighter orange than the NOOB and the low beat movement I still like it, as a matter of fact I wear it more than the NOOb maybe I'm trying to keep the noob scratch free but really this AT maker watch is not bad, yes I'm at work again , I have taken pictures of the watches side by side and I have a few comments but I just don't have time now. And crap I just looked in my photo bucket and I haven't uploaded them yet... Well...

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Well I just scratched the bezel again. I think they must have used crayons to put the color on because it's not durable at all

ColPanic

17/11/13
That's too bad. I have a noob LMPO with a ceramic bezel and it is practically indestructible. I also have an orange crPO which has an aluminum bezel (not even gens have orange ceramic yet) but it's not prone to scratching. Maybe you can get a noob insert and swap them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarlan19

19/6/14
Did anyone do a side by side video between the at maker Po and the Noob. I'd like to see the seconds hand sweeping difference before I pull the trigger

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I could do it but the AT is with VAC getting a genuine crown. As far as looks though they are very much the same, The bezel insert on the AT maker orange fades bad after about 3 months outside.

sarlan19

19/6/14
I could do it but the AT is with VAC getting a genuine crown. As far as looks though they are very much the same, The bezel insert on the AT maker orange fades bad after about 3 months outside.

So you would recommend the noob version ? Pricier but with a 28k movement and a non fading bezel if my reading/understanding of various opinions is right.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
NOOB is very nice better movement IMHO but I don't know about the Bezel, these Bezels have been fadeing for years.

Pauly404

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/14
I have a Noob CrPO (ceramic bezel) and it is amazing. Faultless!

I'm now looking for a 45mm pumpkin.
Choice is between:
Noob (2836)
BP (2834)
Best edition (Myota 8215)

I'm not sure about Noob as my friend got a noob 45mm pumpkin and the bezel printing was a bit off centre near the pearl. I'm not keen on BP for other reasons in Liquidmetal tech writing.

The "best edition" on InTime looks like a great buy for $268. I'm leaning towards that. It's weakness over the others is the movement.

What are your thoughts all on the above...

Thanks heaps

Paul

Pauly404

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/14
It looks like the reason the "best edition" version is now $268 is because of the movement..... $90 cheaper than noob. Decisions decisions...

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
The Miyota movement is not a bad movement it just has a lower VBH , I think 21,000 vs the NOOB 28,000 and yes you can see the difference but I don't think its a deal breaker. The problem with the Miyota is the orange bezel insert will fade after a couple months in the sun. I don't know about the Noob because I have so many watches I hardly wear it outside, What you need is electroplated insert that wont fade like the OEM insert. When I got my miyota watch they said it was made by AT maker. search for threads by me and you will see what I have written about this watch.

Pauly404

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/14
Thanks Thrasher. The 21,000 BPH is ok. The stuttering second hand seems to be a problem though. I'll do some more reading.

4roul

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/09
Does the stuttering of the miyota movement has any effect on the watch accuracy or timekeeping?

Snaaakeey

25/2/14
Uk
Another option is get a gen orange bezel. About $250
. Perfect crisp and accurate plus you can tell the orange isn't the right colour on the reps from a mile away.

Biggest benefit is it's a gen part. As long as you don't scratch it up it will sell for $200+ all day long years down the line.

Sent from the Pad of I

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Here is my Sochi version. I love it.

OmegaSochi_zpsdbe1b18c.jpg

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Some people mod their ETA 2824, and 2836 to go at 21.600 on AP divers as they see that its more gen-like. I love high beat movements. I owned a gen 2006 Planet Ocean 42mm. It was a great watch, that my buddy is the proud owner of. I think the stuttering or 5 beats per second, which is the same as a quartz micro sweep, would drive me nuts. I want a case back. If the Sochi had the higher beat I would be there, but I'll pay a bit more for the Noob.

I have had 3 Gen Omega and they are gorgeous watches. I like the SMP so I love the Bond 50th. I actually have the Bond Skyfall but giving it as a gift to start a new rep fiend. Wanting a good PO, its on my list but have many other things to Modd first. My dining room table has a good third filled with Lumina, watch tools, 3 FM crazy hours, I am restoring. still I wouldn't pass on a good 42mm Planet Ocean.