• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 44MM By J12

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I like the darker one better though, DW looks better on gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
It's darker indeed then. Oh well... Thanks for the pics.
The gen dial color often has a metallic effect on it and they seem to have not replicated it that well. Example of it on the reps that are well done: the dials on Pandas and 2014 Safari.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
It's darker indeed then. Oh well... Thanks for the pics.
The gen dial color often has a metallic effect on it and they seem to have not replicated it that well. Example of it on the reps that are well done: the dials on Pandas and 2014 Safari.

Oh well, we can always hope they improve the dial later and just swap it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
The rep dial looks ridiculous next to the gen. AP logo is to big, dial and tachy to dark, DW wrong, Date cut out ring to thick. Why has J12 bought a gen??

d0e51e859ee2c86c98c850d56dcaf1a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
Hi mate, Happy to see fellow RWI geeks from Jakarta. Should do a local JKT gtg in the near future

Actually i dont have the gen. But a few months ago i ever hold it at my hands, almost bought it but didnt happen.
anyway i will try to compare it by pictures, in the same room at my house, with the same light.

From that picture, it looks that the rep is a bit darker, but i dont really sure if it is darker or just because of the angle...
at different angle below it looks different :

hmmmm....maybe IT IS a bit darker on the rep.

......and this is the flaw (date) :

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
The rep dial looks ridiculous next to the gen. AP logo is to big, dial and tachy to dark, DW wrong, Date cut out ring to thick. Why has J12 bought a gen??

d0e51e859ee2c86c98c850d56dcaf1a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

It can't be helped regarding the AP logo. It's the same logo across J12 APs: Bee, 44mm APs, Panda. It's not exactly like the gen but it's already acceptable compared to the old school Noob's big ass logo. We can't expect them to make a new logo because of the Schumi alone, even if they have bought the gen.

Romeo oscar

25/3/12
I try to change the white balance so its nearer to the natural light

Wait a minute....
i cannot really sure that my comparison pic is 100% correct, because even that i took the pic in the same room and light, but it is not at the same time.
it still have a probability that the whole rep pic that i took is a bit darker than the pic that i took on gen sometimes ago.
look at the whole pic of the rep, not only the dial, but also the case, the strap, even the table cloth at the background look darker on the rep pic.

the best way to make sure is to compare really side by side at the same angles at the same time.
What do you think guys ?

TheDonSL

28/12/13
The DW cutout is def off, but I actually like the rep better! To each his own!

sekihk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/14
Wait a minute....
i cannot really sure that my comparison pic is 100% correct, because even that i took the pic in the same room and light, but it is not at the same time.
it still have a probability that the whole rep pic that i took is a bit darker than the pic that i took on gen sometimes ago.
look at the whole pic of the rep, not only the dial, but also the case, the strap, even the table cloth at the background look darker on the rep pic.

the best way to make sure is to compare really side by side at the same angles at the same time.
What do you think guys ?

Rep's dial is definitely too dark.
Do you have chance to get a side by side shot now? It would definitely be more comparable under natural lighting condition, such as outdoor.
Thanks anyway!

yentob

22/7/12
How can you guys determine that it is too dark from a non high def photo? IMO can only be compared in real life.

I think it looks great and is a very good effort from J12. All you people upset with J12 or holding off thinking there will be some miracle release V2 which will be 100% accurate are delusional, sorry.