• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Your user name explanations please!

Liamborghini

Renowned Member
21/12/13
Steve's my name and Red is the colour of my football team; Bristol City FC who I've supported for 43 years, the last 34 as a season ticket holder.

Whoooo!! A fellow bristolian! And a city fan! :lol: Made my day! :D

Welcome steve :D

Liamborghini

Renowned Member
21/12/13
egroeg is my name backwards, and art is because I was an art teacher for 11 years, so egroegart

Nice, I never got the ending "art" before... now I get it and can finally understand how to pronounce your username ;) :lol:

Liamborghini

Renowned Member
21/12/13
Early in my career (1997) the neighborhood kids began calling me Robocop and it stuck with me for years. All police usually get a nickname and just hope it is a good one as it will follow you through your entire career. I have had many assigned work areas (beats) however as of today the longest assigned beat for me is Unit 322. I have had this beat for years now and drive car 322 every night so for me it was easy...Robocop322 Still trying to figure out how those crazy kids got Robocop as a nickname...haha
iFm5rYf.jpg

Not a clue ;) However I am as old as your nickname :lol: Now take my lunch money and leave! xD

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
I wanted to use a watch term for a username, one that I could change the spelling of and still have it sound the same.

wittnauer

29/11/12
My first watch I bought when I was 15 was a Wittnauer. I still have it but it needs some work. It's a golden $20us coin face with a gold ribbed coin edge as case. I have since worn through its leather strap and no longer have its original clasp. It's a watch I purchased while I was going to school in Dordrecht (holland) and it made a huge impact on me seeing it in the window display for about a year. The store was increasingly lowering its prices since it was going out of business. I finally saved up for it and purchased it. It looked kinda weird Ina 15yr old but I only had eye for its beauty and cherished it like nothing else. It was this watch that got me into this hobby. It deserves more respect from me than I'm giving it today. It needs to be cleaned, a proper strap and a new glass. I'm 51 now so you can figure out how old the watch is. Lol

Monarch Polfy

Looking Around
10/7/14
'Monarch Polfy' was the internal caseback engraving on crappy old Rolex reps, a Chinese corruption of 'Montres Rolex'. (Sometimes 'Polex' was used in lieu of 'Polfy', but I preferred the latter, as it's goofier.) :biggrin-new:

Manwellsp

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/6/14
One of my names is Manuel. On a motorbike forum my name was Manuelsp because of the bike's name, ''sp''. In English you read Manuelsp as Manwellsp, it sounded silly so I went for it, haha!

bravooskar

Horology Curious
14/9/14
During my time in signaling class when going to the Naval Academy in Svendborg, Denmark, We should introduce ourself using the phonetic alphabet. So I became Bravo Oskar. Hated it for years because it just stuck. But now I use it all the time and all my colleges and friends know who I am based on my nick. Also as I remember it, it also stands for "attention, I am jumping in a parachute" in the military lingo.
A friend of mine was known as "The Line" or in danish "stregen". His name is Tom and that is just lines when you use morse code.

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Bravo Oskar is better than Charlie Foxtrot. In the US Army, I was mostly in hospital groups but I could be called up, without notice and added to a Special Operations team if some Bio or Chem threat was possible. I almost always had the call sign of GAS or Golf-man. I wasn't super find of these either, but there were guys with funnier names or just simpler stuff like hands, legs or Lima Romeo. That was a funny one. At least to me.

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I should say that Champagne IH is shortened for my user name in the world of fine wine and forums associated. I grow wine grapes, even make small batches, but have a large passive cellar I have worked very hard to fill with blue chip wines of the world. Champagne was my first multi case purchase with DP 1996 so Champagneinhand stuck. A gain better than GAS.

Dochere2

11/9/14
SC
Dochere2... As in Doc is here also. I have a Phd in electrical engineering, hence Doc for Doctor.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
J= Juiciest
o= overwhelming
r= replica-watch
a= admin
n= nearby

or.... Just because it's my first name. :facepalm:

airsoul

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/15
For me, cero originality, My grand father, my father, my brother and myself are pilots, so I remember the world of Sir Walter Raleigh:

“The Engine Is The Heart Of An Airplane But The Pilot Is Its Soul.â€

So Airsoul Airplane-Soul nothing really special.

Saludos amigos

messinese90

Horology Curious
7/2/15
Messinese is the name of the inhabitants of Messina, a beautiful town in Sicily (Italy) where I was born but I had to leave for work. 90 is the abbreviation of my year of birth