• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advise on issues from watch purchased on M2M

kier333

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/12/12
Trying to capture the other issues is totally not possible on my phone, I can clearly see it I just cannot capture it. When I send it to be repaired it will prove that what I have realised are there. I have had a rough quote already

kier333

Banned
25/12/12
whats the seller saying about the standards of the watch

Selling is saying nothing wrong with it and that is how he received it from NcChef, which I cannot conform either way.

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
You opened the pp dispute before you opened this thread, which means you were dishonest in asking for advice, you had already decided what to do and did it,, then came here and opened this thread for justification....

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
what the hell are we looking at? I dont see a scratch.

bc1221

30/4/14
i wanted to defend the guy but honestly, that watch looks exactly like it did in the sales pictures..

the scratch on the hour hand did look like a shadow in sales post but buyer should have asked about that.

dont see any scratches on the crystal but i do know those are hard to catch on a picture.

if something on the sale pics dont look right, you ask before buying.

opening a pp dispute and then asking what to do was a bad idea.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
This guy is going to get banned over that tiny little scratch because of unreal expectations,,, and a long time member is going to have trouble with pp from now on... That's what your looking at...

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
I took this picture with my cell phone and a loupe. sounds like you are making a big deal out of small scratchs on a used watch. how many reps do you own?

cell phone pics.. 1/2 inch by 1 inch item..

281elns.jpg

JAFO

16/10/13
I don't see any issues in the picture but I'm sure there's a scratch on there. If it was me and it drove me crazy, I'd just send it to my modder and say "please swap out the crystal". Problem solved. Sure you're gonna have to sink a few more bucks in it but that's how it goes. It's rare that you get a watch without some issue on it even when you buy em new - a scratch here, scratch there, defect in the polishing, ding in the case from a bad cast, spot on the dial, whatever.

kier333

Banned
25/12/12
Look basically had the guy stated there was a stretch on the hour hand then i would not have purchased the watch, I cannot capture the stretch on the underside of the crystal or the paint that has flaked on the hand, it's just totally not possible. I emailed the seller before posting on here, or contacting a mod. I asked could I return the watch, I love the actual watch apart from the terrible condition to which he stated NO, I then asked would he work with me in getting it repaired again he said end of story.

If certain members on here are happy purchasing things described as near new, no marks then receive something with stretched marked components then that is there choice, however I would have liked the issues identified as they are clearly visible to the naked eye.

And further more it feel sorry for anyone purchasing from someone that it is not important to identify any noticeable marks/scratches what ever. As I stated earlier a few hairline scratches on the case I can deal with, but what I have received if far more problematic than a quick polish.

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
i think you dont grasp how the rep game works. imperfections can be expected as jafo pointed out... its possible to buy a new watch and have it arrive like the one you have. most ppl say expect to drop some money into the watch soon as you buy new. you turned a 50-100$ repair into tarnishing your name here and possibling banning.

JAFO

16/10/13
Well, the seller's here so we'll see what he has to say.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
i think you dont grasp how the rep game works. imperfections can be expected as jafo pointed out... its possible to buy a new watch and have it arrive like the one you have. most ppl say expect to drop some money into the watch soon as you buy new. you turned a 50-100$ repair into tarnishing your name here and possibling banning.
+1,,,,, all you new guys better watch this thread and see what happens... Op there are rules here that apply to you as well... There's a way to do things and you didn't care enough to figure it out before you came with this post...

JAFO

16/10/13

And threw the seller under the bus, which should never happen unless they've already worked with the Staff here to resolve the issue. Maybe the seller didn't notice these "issues" that you say are "just totally not possible" to capture in a pic.

kier333

Banned
25/12/12

First of all it's not a €50-100 repair I have been quoted $180-190, secondly Imperfections are fine, as long as identified, and thirdly do you spend all your time being so judgemental?

kier333

Banned
25/12/12
And threw the seller under the bus, which should never happen unless they've already worked with the Staff here to resolve the issue. Maybe the seller didn't notice these "issues" that you say are "just totally not possible" to capture in a pic.

Not possible to capture with a iPhone, however clearly visible with the naked eye.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
WTH? really? Again....another. Do they really ever READ at all first?

Veterans,

Consider PMing an "expectations" PM asking for a reply with "yes, I understand" that way there is NEVER a thread like this written about you and your sale.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
GMG is just telling you the truth,,, sorry it's not what you want to hear.... You should pull that dispute immediately and ask the sellers forgiveness and try to get through this with some skin in the game... Sucks but you've shot yourself in the foot...

mitchbaria

15/10/12

Veterans,

Consider PMing an "expectations" PM asking for a reply with "yes, I understand" that way there is NEVER a thread like this written about you and your sale.
I doubt even that would work... They only see what they want to see...

You really just can't sell to them..

JAFO

16/10/13

Veterans,

I have the noobs respond that they've read my disclaimer. Guess I'll have to add to my disclaimer "IF you open the box up and you see something I didn't, I'll consider a partial refund IF you can prove to me that the watch is f*cked up. IF you can't then you're SOL."

feloniousmonk

Renowned Member
17/7/14
You should pull that dispute immediately and ask the sellers forgiveness and try to get through this with some skin in the game... Sucks but you've shot yourself in the foot...

+1

It is a rep, a used rep at that. I always try to keep this in mind when buying any replica.