• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM382, Details = PERFECT?

pitpat

Known Member
12/12/11
The pics from kW are pretty worthless for evaluating the dial... Imo...

kayabun

25/11/11
Now now Guys ....

Lots of questions about this KW watch with no concrete proof it's real bronze, better than zf ....

but don't forgot KW is suppose to give you that 'gen like' feeling when you wear it........

Know what I mean ?.....

4ybady9a.jpg

marper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/14
I will be pissed if it's not at least as good as zfac.

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Guys, based on the pictures from zf and kw we can see... Is it safe to say the whole watch from kw looks like better than zf's ? Or is it only the photography techniques that are better? :D

That's what I thought. When I saw pics on RWG yesterday I immediately started to think of getting one. With every pics of ZF I saw by now, I liked it but I wasn't sure if I would pay $500 for it. Might be photography though but I honestly believe it will be better. However I don't have a money for it right now so it will wait few months before I eventually get it anyway. :)

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
Kayabun, are you one of kuvarsit dealers? You seems to support kw a lot.. In here you said kw will produce 'gen like' watches, in rwg you said kw382 stocks is already at dealers, "dealers dont release yet because dealers are waiting for more stocks" ?

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
So now, fo all of us belivers (those who preordered) the wait begins. I'm hoping to slap mine on the wrist by the end of this month. :hehehe:

Drkitch109

18/9/12
So now, fo all of us belivers (those who preordered) the wait begins. I'm hoping to slap mine on the wrist by the end of this month. :hehehe:

Snagged a KW 382 via pre-order too. The prelim pics do look more promising than the ZF 382. Will be fun to have both in hand to compare.

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Snagged a KW 382 via pre-order too. The prelim pics do look more promising than the ZF 382. Will be fun to have both in hand to compare.

Would be even funnier to have a manage trois face off. ZF Vs KW Vs Gen :rwf:

NCchef

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/13
I have to admit, after 6 ZF Bronzos thru my hands, the KW looks like it "feels" better. Which is usually the case with KW vs. ZF. The material just looks richer and more like the gen. The dial looks a bit better too with the slightly larger indices. I hate all of you who are getting the KW.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Wow. All these pseudo-reviews from a set of promotional photos just make me laugh. If you've been in this game long enough, you'll know that the real thing is often, for good and bad reasons, different from well-posed photos. Calm down everyone. The taste of the pudding is in the eating. :)

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Wow. All these pseudo-reviews from a set of promotional photos just make me laugh. If you've been in this game long enough, you'll know that the real thing is often, for good and bad reasons, different from well-posed photos. Calm down everyone. The taste of the pudding is in the eating. :)

Youre absolutely right, had too many good lookers with bad tasting puddings. :hehehe:

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
I have to admit, after 6 ZF Bronzos thru my hands, the KW looks like it "feels" better. Which is usually the case with KW vs. ZF. The material just looks richer and more like the gen. The dial looks a bit better too with the slightly larger indices. I hate all of you who are getting the KW.
Haters gonna hate :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I really think it has been worth waiting for this release

I know it is very early and we have not yet got the final product, but at this moment I have seen some improvements over ZFac version and, however, I have not seen any worsening

I cannot judge about dial-bezel alignment, because there is no frontal pics to see it.

As far as I can see:

- Kunrling of bezel seems not as polished as gen but way better in finish and shape accuracy
- If we trust KW info, working of rotating bezel is more gen-like and without gaps. But we cannot prove that, just trust KW info
- Lume colour is very uniform in hands, dot markers, stick markers and printed markers on subdial @9...
- We can see very uniform colour and quality of material between case, bezel, bezel markers and CG
- Starting patina is smooth and uniform, Not in an aggressive way or with ugly stains, very gen-like
- Black minute markers on bezel are better placed in relation to pearl and other markers and overall more accurate
- CG chanfered corners are more accurate
- Nice engravings REG T.M. in CG
- Seemingly nice strap with better quality
- Cheaper price with seemingly better quality

Movement it is nicely decorated and with "real" jewels as other KW versions (and ZFac last versions). Balance wheel position of A7750 is @11 whereas the gen P.9000 is @7.

The inner side of the lugs when inserting in the back of the case is not like gen, the same as ZFac version. Rep insertion has not "step" whereas gen insertion presents a little "step". This was already explained by Polonus in other KW thread of announcement but remains without correction in KW version. It is a flaw really no noticeable in practice, but that will be useful to tell the reps in the future from the back view.

The overall finish and care for details seems KW typical and we can assure this is a very beautiful watch and a nice and accurate replica.

I will try to make a review in some time

ALE

esco

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/08
I wonder how many folks are going to double up with the ZF/KW bronzos? Factories are going to make a killing on this watch!