• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean Titanium *Quick Pics*

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
this watch is amazing but I see the dealer wants $80 more than the black. probably gotta wait for more dealers to sell it. hmm still on second thought maybe it is better to stick with the black. I remember when you guys rumored this watch and sure enough it showed up. this is better than the latest PO in black with white letters. price is higher than I thought it would be though but the watch has a lot more features than the previous generation of omega.. cool watch. good thing I didn't buy the black/white bond watch :)

btw any idea how the bezel is constructed? the sites are saying ceramic so I dunno how they are doing the metal in it. surely they aren't doing metal fill like the gen? or is it so? maybe just a marketing ploy.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
btw any idea how the bezel is constructed? the sites are saying ceramic so I dunno how they are doing the metal in it. surely they aren't doing metal fill like the gen? or is it so? maybe just a marketing ploy.

Discussion at RWG, but it'll probably raise more questions than answers

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
this watch is amazing but I see the dealer wants $80 more than the black. probably gotta wait for more dealers to sell it.

Isn't it $80 more than black because it is titantium?

Do they not make this watch in 42mm?

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Isn't it $80 more than black because it is titantium?

Do they not make this watch in 42mm?

Yep and no. Omega have just released the 42mm version so hopefully it won't be long. Hopefully the BP factory will nudge the pearl 1mm higher in the triangle ;-)

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Came across the 42mm version with Asian 2824 movement. Possibly BP make. Anyone who has further info on it?
Only TrustyTime has this one advertised. http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=11706

For sure it is BP it seems that the Noob factory is not quite interested with the Ti CrPO since it draws only less demand, but hey thats just my opinion, further I think the former aluminum bezel had been updated to real ceramic insert and I am awaiting my order from trevor as of this point.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Rubber strap costs $50 less because it lacks a titanium strap, naturally. Looked like a good price for a second. I'm going to hold off for another month and see if anything comes about, $358 + other fees is too much $ for a PO imho.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
I am about to order a 42mm TiPo with A2824 movement from Ryan for $308. Would the reclaimed Swiss ETA be a better option? This is assuming BP uses brand new Clone movements and hence more reliable.

Lostinwatches

Renowned Member
19/7/13
My recommendation is go for 45mm PO LM titanium- great built quality, really stands out:)

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
I reckon the 45mm will look just fine on my 6.5" wrist however what concerns me more is the reliability of the reclaimed Swiss ETA compared to the A2824 movement offered by BP?

On a second thought, is the 45mm a better finished product than the 42mm since it is commoner and faster selling?
"Adjuste d to fiye" on the 45mm compared to the corrected "five" on the 42mm as well as the "Liquidmetal Technology" engraving being incorrect for the 45mm.
Perhaps I am being too picky for my first rep.

Lostinwatches

Renowned Member
19/7/13
No doubt that 42mm is more close to gen
The back of Ti has almost nothing correct
Still Ti is my choice due to its overall quality

I have the reclaimed Swiss eta and it has run well so far ( 8 months by now)

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Do you guys know does it accept gen parts? If yes and 42mm one has a correct caseback than it's in line with Noob CrPO.
Can't decide between TiPO, LMPO or Noob CrPO. What do you think?

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Even if it would accept Gen parts I presume they will be hard to come by and expensive due to the Titanium construction. As a daily beater, this is the ideal PO due to it's light weight. If I am correct about 200g lighter than the LMPO!

From what I understand, between the LMPO and CrPO keep in mind the LMPO has a glossy insert while the CrPo has a matte one. Personal choice purely I would the take the black CrPO and Pumpkin LMPO.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Even if it would accept Gen parts I presume they will be hard to come by and expensive due to the Titanium construction. As a daily beater, this is the ideal PO due to it's light weight. If I am correct about 200g lighter than the LMPO!

From what I understand, between the LMPO and CrPO keep in mind the LMPO has a glossy insert while the CrPo has a matte one. Personal choice purely I would the take the black CrPO and Pumpkin LMPO.

What's a hard choice for me! I don't have a daily beater as I'm not adult and can't afford many watches. So inaccurate large font on the caseback really bothers me!

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
What's a hard choice for me! I don't have a daily beater as I'm not adult and can't afford many watches.

Then you'd be better off with the Noob CrPo Black with orange numbers for it's versatility. You can buy and pair it with an orange/ black rubber, honey/ dark brown alligator etc, range of NATOs etc. And a later date as you save up, you can go franken on it. Hope this helps.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Then you'd be better off with the Noob CrPo Black with orange numbers for it's versatility. You can buy and pair it with an orange/ black rubber, honey/ dark brown alligator etc, range of NATOs etc. And a later date as you save up, you can go franken on it. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I am thinking of it, I am also looking at new 8500 CrPO, actually I'm waiting for comparison of it with Noob CrPO.