• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

just destroyed an clone of miyota 21J

tonywatches

19/8/12
EU
Yes i just made a huge mistake..
I was trying to adjust the balance wheel on a sea dweller to make it go faster, when suddenly after changing the place of the "tooth" it stopped without touching the spring!
Then i tried to make it start again by changing time - wind it manually, nothing..
after that i touched with a plastic thing the spring and it started!
and then the big mistake... I tryied to change date and it was really hard, i putted some power on and something broke inside.. now even if the seconds go, minutes - hours don't move, and date doesn't change x(

D

d4m.test

Ouch! Good thing it's cheap to replace.
http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html

At $21.50, I'd buy a new one rather than take it in somewhere. You can probably get a watchsmith to replace the movement for you for a small fee as well. I'd guess they wouldn't charge more than their minimum service charge, probably $30 or so. Or if you have some tools (watch hand remover, rodico, hand pusher) then you're set. Of course, if you had those tools, you probably don't need my advice. ;)

tonywatches

19/8/12
EU
I have some tools but i don't know what to do!! i'm new to this sport!
where is the problem occured? If its easy perhaps i could manage!

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
OK....It's OK, really ... BUT !! If you move up passed 21J watches .. Keep your hands OFF the MOVEMENT !!!!!!!! .............................. (just kidding!!) .. :lolcina: :stir:

D

d4m.test

I have some tools but i don't know what to do!! i'm new to this sport!
where is the problem occured? If its easy perhaps i could manage!

It's easy if you have the tools, but just the three items I originally listed would run you a minimum of $80 for cheap crappy versions, or about $130 for good usable versions. With the movement, that's over $150 you'd need to fix the watch yourself.

You're way better off spending $21.50 on the movement and about $30 at a watchsmith.

tonywatches

19/8/12
EU
since im a supplier my self, i will send it back, hoping that they won't understand its my fault and send it back to me as it is. then i pay :)
thats why i wrote this thread, if somebody knows what kind of damage this wrong move does, and IF its easy to try to repair it :)

D

d4m.test

I'm sorry, but I don't understand (hopefully) what you're saying. I can guess, but my guesses make it seem like you want to buy a new movement, swap your broken movement, then return your broken movement to the supplier hoping "they won't understand it's your fault."

If that's what you want to do, I can't condone it, and can't help you further.

Hopefully I'm not being too harsh for the Flame-Free zone.

tonywatches

19/8/12
EU
sorry for my english but i didn't mean that.
i mean that as a supplier, few watches come from my wholesale suppliers with mulfactions. Its normal 1/10 has something wrong cause mainly there are cheap chinese copies and only some asian/valjoux like this sea dweller. So when there is a problem i send them back, they repair them and send them back to me again.
thats what im going to do.
But because i caused the problem i wanted to fix it my self (if it was an easy task)