• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean Titanium *Quick Pics*

Luc717

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/13
"Adjuste d to fiye" on the 45mm compared to the corrected "five" on the 42mm as well as the "Liquidmetal Technology" engraving being incorrect for the 45mm.
Perhaps I am being too picky for my first rep.

Just thought I would mention, my BP 45mm Ti PO is corrected marked "Adjusted to Five". I bought it in October 2013, before they updated the bezel insert to ceramic, so perhaps they improved this. I would be interested to see how others' look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Just thought I would mention, my BP 45mm Ti PO is corrected marked "Adjusted to Five". I bought it in October 2013, before they updated the bezel insert to ceramic, so perhaps they improved this. I would be interested to see how others' look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But do yours has large font on the caseback and not good Liquidmetal logo? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

Luc717

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/13
Yeah the Liquidmetal 'Technologifs' is incorrect but it really is barely noticeable. Not sure what you mean about the large font, but I would guess so if other Cr Ti's do. I'm not saying it's perfect, but they have at least fixed the Adjusted to Fiye!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Yeah the Liquidmetal 'Technologifs' is incorrect but it really is barely noticeable. Not sure what you mean about the large font, but I would guess so if other Cr Ti's do. I'm not saying it's perfect, but they have at least fixed the Adjusted to Fiye!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As you can see a font on the rep caseback is thicker than on gen.
urydu5yd.jpg

rugu7eja.jpg

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Sorry for this, caseback seems to be correct. It seems that font on the TiPO is thicker than on the CrPO. Here are few GEN pics to see that.

TiPO:
mubypyhu.jpg
arutyzuh.jpg

CrPO:
5e5unaha.jpg
na8u4ydy.jpg

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Or is it just me, but thickness of gen font differs too?

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Why care so much about the font, can't you see what is glaring there? The movement body is flat in the rep and in the gen it is engine turned like the pendulum. I would concern myself with the movement before the font on the case back which isn't as obvious.

If they just took the current ETA movement and did that one last finishing touch to it, I would have bought one by now. I'm waiting to see what the next revision of the watch is and since some things came up recently I guess I'm not going to be buying a watch for a few months. Usually with the PO's, once something is speculated (which at this point it is vague if it is or not), it takes not just a month or two but many months for them to put out a corrected version of the rep. it's a long wait but often times worth it. I would hold out on buying one of these, it appears to be a rushed job. And for $350 + WU fees + shipping you're looking at about $400 for a watch that needs a bunch of things addressed. Not worth that much ca$h imho.

Keep in mind too that from what I have noticed in this hobby, most of these watches, even the ETA clone variants, cost less than $100 to manufacture and when you're putting out 350, that is a $250 profit to everyone in-between. I noticed this with my SOSF which is a very nice watch but it is the same thing as the ETA (my 21j cost about $160 and the ETA was being sold for $500-$650 on practically every TD site, total waste of money I mean the ETA movement wasn't decorated and everyone knows an ETA goes for only up to $100 [basically it is a $60 movement, clone is probably somewhere around $35] so the watch should have been $260 with ETA not $500+, totally contrary to being on these forums). And other watches, and dealers I have noticed fluctuations in price and sometimes false promises. Some of these TD's will lie in order to get money, I had one telling me that if I bought one watch they would send me two. That didn't happen and the watch I received wasn't as good as what I expected.

Also don't get me started on King what a blunder of a TD. The watch she sent me was far from right and she accused me of being "cheap" when I wanted to refund and return it. Bad way to do business.

Just be careful with what you buy and how much you spend.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Why care so much about the font, can't you see what is glaring there? The movement body is flat in the rep and in the gen it is engine turned like the pendulum. I would concern myself with the movement before the font on the case back which isn't as obvious.

If they just took the current ETA movement and did that one last finishing touch to it, I would have bought one by now. I'm waiting to see what the next revision of the watch is and since some things came up recently I guess I'm not going to be buying a watch for a few months. Usually with the PO's, once something is speculated (which at this point it is vague if it is or not), it takes not just a month or two but many months for them to put out a corrected version of the rep. it's a long wait but often times worth it. I would hold out on buying one of these, it appears to be a rushed job. And for $350 + WU fees + shipping you're looking at about $400 for a watch that needs a bunch of things addressed. Not worth that much ca$h imho.
Personally the wrong movement doesn't bother me. But these new Miyota POs look yummy! It seems that the font is almost correct, some gens have thicker font, some thinner.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
The miyota rep is nice albeit overpriced. I would still hold off for an eta clone. Just personally anyway since I buy all my omega with eta / clone in them. Plus I know for sure that if they come out with a 21j Miyota they are going to charge more than $350 for it which is absurd. I have a breitling 21j sitting here that has been off my wrist since 4pm on friday and it is still going but I got that because the ETA version was absurdly overpriced (and probably still is). Not sure what movement is inside it but I'm guessing it is a china 21j miyota clone or whatever they put in these.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
The miyota rep is nice albeit overpriced. I would still hold off for an eta clone. Just personally anyway since I buy all my omega with eta / clone in them. Plus I know for sure that if they come out with a 21j Miyota they are going to charge more than $350 for it which is absurd. I have a breitling 21j sitting here that has been off my wrist since 4pm on friday and it is still going but I got that because the ETA version was absurdly overpriced (and probably still is). Not sure what movement is inside it but I'm guessing it is a china 21j miyota clone or whatever they put in these.

Yeah Asian clone/ETA sound more reliable but is this true? Miyota is reliable workhorse, and if it breaks you can just buy another off ebay and put these plates on??? Personally if they decorate an Asian ETA I'd go with it rather than with Miyota.
If it's the same quality as Noob, it's a good way for $350. It will be a super accurate CrPO.