• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Linde Werdelin straps

Pao21

Known Member
8/10/12
Thats great news! I think the saffiano would make the perfect LW strap! I remember reading a thread when you started making quality straps. The straps with perforations would look great on the other LW reps when they come out!

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
I'd love to get a Saffiano or a brown strap of sorts. Looking forward to the results SMP!

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Holy crap. Who did the stitching on the white strap ? Stevie Wonder ? What an abortion. Can't wait to see your final product.

lol. he make lots difference hide think peep will buying that rubbish and funny to lock thread in his store front

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Contacted Angus about the inserts, he said that he sold all the available pieces to that guy who made slaughterer's strap. I guess we will see lots of those straps flaunting the fora. What a waste of inserts and hides... and money of course.

I hoped i could reduce the r&d time by getting those metal inserts, but looks like no.

Yeah, it's too bad. From his pics, it looks like he made quite a few of them. Too bad he didn't make the prototype perfect before full production. The straps looks nice on their own but the fitting is just sub par. What a waste indeed!

korneevy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/12/10
You can source the GEN screws for $50 .

That's interesting! How do you buy the gen screws exactly? From what I see on LW site, screws are not offered for sale separately from straps, and I am unsure if dropping $600 on a bloody strap just as of yet. What's the trick, Beemer?

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
i'm in talks with 2 guys to make the metal part of the inserts. Unfortunately it goes rather slow, but i'm sure i'll come out with a needed result.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
flash update

5IIFUnE.jpg

these are inserts in wax, tomorrow i will turn the wax in metal, i've learned the right spells today.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
We have a winner guys, will post pics in a couple of hours

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
ZAqK3LK.jpg

Need to drill the holes and thread them, but that's on Monday already

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
looks like i made them too hard, the alloy used is cobalt-chromium which is harder than titanium, but allas nobody had the right tools to be able to drill it. Will have to use a softer alloy, probably nickel chromium.

I will leave on Wednesday and be out of the country till 15th and was hoping to have at least a pair of inserts to give them to the maker, so that he delivers a prototype by my return to the country but it looks like it won't happen.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I would appreciate if somebody could chime in to advise me what drill and threading tap should i buy for those hard alloys

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
The main issue will be the overheating of the tip. You have to watch your drill speed and pressure. Also use a lubricant, pilot bit to start. But it will be a slow procedure. If you are going to mass produce these inserts, just use a softer metal. You will be investing way to much time per hole being drilled.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
The main issue will be the overheating of the tip. You have to watch your drill speed and pressure. Also use a lubricant, pilot bit to start. But it will be a slow procedure. If you are going to mass produce these inserts, just use a softer metal. You will be investing way to much time per hole being drilled.

Yeah, i've already ordered some stainless steel prototypes, and also nickel-chromium alloy which is supposed to be a bit softer than cobalt-chromium. Have also ordered tungsten-vanadium drill bits, now on the lookout for the threading taps hard enough for the job.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
looks really hard to make those straps! , personally i like linder werdelin watches , but my fav would be the dlc one with the gen gator strap with green stitches ! not replicated yet i guess

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
ZAqK3LK.jpg

Need to drill the holes and thread them, but that's on Monday already

I got custom ring made same technique. my friend you should test making the holes in the wax and pouring metal. the metal shrink down when cooling then you tap hole. saving your time drills pilot hole