• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ruined 8125 hairspring

Patek54

Looking Around
14/5/12
Hi guys,

I managed to ruin my Myiota 8125 hairspring by not being careful. Does anybody know where I can get the entire balance assembly (balance wheel, hair spring, regulator, balance c0ck,..) from? Some sites offers the whole movement but I don’t need the entire movement. Any dealers in USA?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Don't know anyone in the US unfortunately, but if you really can't find it I know some suppliers in the EU who may be able to help.

But if I remember well it doesn't come all mounted, balance and hairpring only are monuted, you'll have to assemble the rest.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Does this one look like it would work?

DSCN4869.jpg

Patek54

Looking Around
14/5/12
Than you WIZ and KBH.

KBH: You are showing me the full movement. All I need is the balance assembly.
WIZ: Please let me know about the dealer. I think I can assemble the balance!

Regards,
Patek54.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
You best shot is imo the Etablissements Jacques, in Paris. They don't have a website but you can find their phone number online.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I know but the second hand pin is broken on this one and it's just for parts if you need it. It might even be easier to change your canon pinion into this movement since it works fine other than doing what you're planning. Anyhow, it's yours if you think you can use it.

Patek54

Looking Around
14/5/12
KBH,

Thank you for your offer! Where are you located? Please send me a private message.

Regards,
Patek54.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I know but the second hand pin is broken on this one and it's just for parts if you need it. It might even be easier to change your canon pinion into this movement since it works fine other than doing what you're planning. Anyhow, it's yours if you think you can use it.

^^^^^^^^This is Awesome!^^^^^^^^ Nice gesture. ;)