• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Linde Werdelin straps

TonyRome

Horology Curious
29/5/11
Terrific news! Vic any ideas how you might like to proceed with leathers? This Riva style is nice but Im guessing may be too complex:

4430265732_7f0bfa397f.jpg

Ostrich and Gator may be more within reach, however:
linde_werdelin_strap_ostrich_tan_2.png

linde_werdelin_strap_alligator_brown_2.png

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Terrific news! Vic any ideas how you might like to proceed with leathers? This Riva style is nice but Im guessing may be too complex:

4430265732_7f0bfa397f.jpg

Ostrich and Gator may be more within reach, however:
linde_werdelin_strap_ostrich_tan_2.png

linde_werdelin_strap_alligator_brown_2.png

Yes, some gator, ostrich, saffiano, alcantara and maybe i can find some new options

TonyRome

Horology Curious
29/5/11
Are you gonna make straps with or without the hex screw?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Good point...Angus has essentially stopped answering questions about the quality of the screws in the LW. Even with Vic's soon to be beautiful offerings, strap changing remains a bit of a gamble :)

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
And will you make insert for gen or rep screws ?

Good point. It is actually a complex thing. My idea was to make straps that would take both options, rep or gen screws. Since our rep watches have by default some inconsistences which may be not relevant in general but when it is a matter of fractions of millimeters that differentiates a good fit of the strap/screw from an ugly one it turns into problem. It takes that long because we were analyzing different metal alloys for this insert. Finally we have come to the agreement that we need to use some smoother alloy to give better tolerance for either a smooth rep screw or hard gen titanium one.

These straps are by far the hardest ones to make, and i haven't even moved from the inserts production phase yet. We may still encounter some surprises when we move to next steps.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I would have given up on them long ago if i wasn't that stubborn and if i haven't promised you guys to deliver them

matsukoy

Known Member
6/7/13
Looking forward to your sample. I think I need to order those gen hex screw then.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
I would have given up on them long ago if i wasn't that stubborn and if i haven't promised you guys to deliver them

To your dogged stubbornness I wish to add my unflagging support and encouragement. :)