• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DenisSpa WTF

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Good news everyone, the watch came in as pictured. Beautiful piece, here's a quick wristie:

CAM000302_zpszg1uy2cq.jpg

(yeah, I know its blurred and a crappy shot, and no, that's not a scratch in the bezel at 10, its a wayward hair).

Not so sure I would be so proud to be posting pics of a watch I bought from someone who stole it from one of our dealers. Sure you got what you paid for but someone else got F'ed.

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
Maybe dredd0606 can charge back and return the money to Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
The sales mods have a specific job, thats a different topic and the mods can speak to that themselves.

Let me say this, the sales threads are open for all to post for a reason. Think about what could happen if we closed those threads to posts. It wouldn't be good.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08

Lets not go there!!! Under no circumstances should we advise or start a charge back without having cleared by Admin :S???R?I????? :sharrkey:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Sharkey, it kinda sounds like a good idea. The buyer here does a charge back on Denis, after all Denis did a charge back on the dealer, the buyer refunds Ryan and everyone is good concerning that one watch.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I remember when I first joined here and was interested in buying a watch from a member in watch sales and another much more knowledgable member sent me a PM regarding a particular flaw in the watch, something I had not noticed. As a noob I was very grateful for the help and I really felt like other members had my back.

I do believe in going through proper channels depending upon the nature of the issue, but it's also nice that any member whether VIP or not can help out and contribute to the forum. I think we all benefit from it and learn from our own mistakes.

dredd0606

11/2/12
Not so sure I would be so proud to be posting pics of a watch I bought from someone who stole it from one of our dealers. Sure you got what you paid for but someone else got F'ed.
I take it you didn't actually read this entire thread or the sales thread, in both several members including myself were quite anxious to see if I was actually going to get the watch. Excluding that, quite a few of the mods have PM'd me asking whether I have received it or what the shipping status is.

I'm surprised by your attitude, and its the first time I've encountered it here. It's almost as if you draw a connection to me purchasing a watch from a valid M2M sales thread by a long term member in good standing (at the time), to me stealing the watch directly from Ryan.

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
I take it you didn't actually read this entire thread or the sales thread, in both several members including myself were quite anxious to see if I was actually going to get the watch. Excluding that, quite a few of the mods have PM'd me asking whether I have received it or what the shipping status is.

I'm surprised by your attitude, and its the first time I've encountered it here. It's almost as if you draw a connection to me purchasing a watch from a valid M2M sales thread by a long term member in good standing (at the time), to me stealing the watch directly from Ryan.

Im sure he is just alluding to the fact that while you did nothing at all wrong, and dont owe anyone anything, it might be considered bad form to wave the watch that was essentially stolen from the TD in front of him.

Now Im not being sarcastic above. I read it and you may think I am but Im not. The simple fact is I am glad you got what you paid for, and am sorry Ryan had to take a hit in any way like this.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06

I didn't read it?? I started it ya dope. I'm in no way stating you did anything wrong so chill, and yes I understand you paid for it not knowing what was happening, and since that there was a question of you receiving it or not, I get it. However you now have a stolen watch. It's not hard to understand why I wouldn't be proud to own it. Isn't it??

Thanks doover, I thought I was clear..
:sub4me:

dredd0606

11/2/12

Sorry, that is not going to happen. Regardless of how others decide to act (including in this case, the seller of the watch), I won't stoop to that level.

Now there's an interesting idea, LOL, it may even work and wouldn't that be a kick in the balls for the seller.

Again, not going to happen. Try not to forget that I have my paypal account to be concerned about as well, and there is no way in hell I'm going anywhere near credit card fraud (by initiating a charge back from my cc), regardless of the situation. Plus, doing something like this would likely get me booted from here, and I kind of like it here.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Unbelievable. Now we are trashing the member who received the watch ? What the fawk did he do wrong ? We should be happy he got it. He posted because many were concerned that he might receive a brick. Some of you need to have your meds checked. You're either not taking enough , or taking too many. What a shit show this has become.

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
Unbelievable. Now we are trashing the member who received the watch ? What the fawk did he do wrong ? We should be happy he got it. He posted because many were concerned that he might receive a brick. Some of you need to have your meds checked. You're either not taking enough , or taking too many. What a shit show this has become.

edpCh.gif

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
That's right. sub4me it wasn't nice nor polite.

Anyway, I can't understand why Denis actually has sent this watch to you dredd. Don't get me wrong - I'm more than happy that you haven't been scammed. But Denis is kind of in-consequent in his being a scammer, right?