• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

idanmaman is a f*cking scammer.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
My notion was based on when I aproached the mods, he should have gotten his priviledges taken away as soon as possible. I notified the mods constantly seeing him pm others, i did my best to give him negative comments and on chatbox countless hours to notify others. Because not only did this guy take a watch from me, he wasted my time with his lies. And sadly, there are more victims... i understand u need to be fair on both sides when judging matters like this but this time, it took too long and now, we see that theres a loophole in the system.

I suggest there be a new trade system where only VIPs can trade under assumptions that another member can vouche for ones validity. Or somewhere along this line. Ive loved this forum since I joined and i know i might be too inexperienced to tell, but i see a better end to this, a way for these mishaps to be avoided. Ive had mutual trust for everyone on this forum, sharing one great hobby and interest in watches but realized now that even here, bottom feeding retards exist.

I bet theres been countless events like this before, instead of banning their one of thousands of fake accounts, we can establish better trading system to mitigate this once and for all.

Best way to deal with somebody is by looking into them.
When we fail to do that we run into assholes like these.
Best way to avoid scam is to only deal with people you know and people who are active. Look at their sales history. See if you find high dollar items sold from them before dealing with them and if oyu still have doubts, talk to people they have traded with before. Most people will give you feedback.
Sometimes you get scammed by established people as well so there are no guarantees. Mods and other members do their best to single those ************* out but sometimes shit falls through cracks and thats when we do our due diligence. Hope this shit gets resolved.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
I'd say the mods here are pretty bloody good considering the huge amount of transactions going on here at any one time.they saved my butt recently by warning me about a potential scammer who, based on their advice I didnt sell to.that person is now banned.exl91the up side is that there are members here that care and will go in to bat for you and try to turn this around.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
My notion was based on when I aproached the mods, he should have gotten his priviledges taken away as soon as possible. I notified the mods constantly seeing him pm others, i did my best to give him negative comments and on chatbox countless hours to notify others. Because not only did this guy take a watch from me, he wasted my time with his lies. And sadly, there are more victims... i understand u need to be fair on both sides when judging matters like this but this time, it took too long and now, we see that theres a loophole in the system.

I suggest there be a new trade system where only VIPs can trade under assumptions that another member can vouche for ones validity. Or somewhere along this line. Ive loved this forum since I joined and i know i might be too inexperienced to tell, but i see a better end to this, a way for these mishaps to be avoided. Ive had mutual trust for everyone on this forum, sharing one great hobby and interest in watches but realized now that even here, bottom feeding retards exist.

I bet theres been countless events like this before, instead of banning their one of thousands of fake accounts, we can establish better trading system to mitigate this once and for all.

Listen, there is no fool proof system to keep jizz guzzlers like that clown from screwing people. But in the time I've been here, I've seen the great job that the mods and community do to protect each other. Next time , send a potential victim a private message. We've all done it at some point. You see a member showing interest in what you think may be a trap. Send a message and at least give the fellow member a heads up. As much as the mods try, they all have lives and jobs. Can't be here 24/7 with pepper spray. It sucks to see a guy like Shaidx get screwed because he is a friend. He's even been nice enough to send me watches to test out before I buy. Thats the kind of member he is. Pisses me off to see people like that get screwed. It's a shame this turd is in another continent.

exlgh91

I'm Pretty Popular
23/8/13
This is exactly what I've tried to keep off. I monitored the guy since I found that the tracking number he gave me was a false one (i.e. starting with EE only applies to global, domestic canada shipping contains only numbers). As soon as I found out, I contacted the mods, and I've notified everyone that I could reach out to keep off Idan. In fact, I monitored his activity and saw him several times PM'ing probably to other victims. Still, it took awhile for him to actually stop his activity and get banned. I'm not saying there's a fool proof, but I'm suggesting there could be an improvement in the system. Any ******* jokers can come here and pm secretly for trade, there's no need to post sales thread, and they can simply and secretly pm them and proceed there. This can be prevented by simply posting a trade thread whenever there's trade, and anyone who sees the both parties of the trade through the thread can then notified the other party to take cautious actions.

To me, danger lies in secrecy of the pm that can't be monitored, and trades often go unnoticed because mostly its done by emails or pms.

Listen, there is no fool proof system to keep jizz guzzlers like that clown from screwing people. But in the time I've been here, I've seen the great job that the mods and community do to protect each other. Next time , send a potential victim a private message. We've all done it at some point. You see a member showing interest in what you think may be a trap. Send a message and at least give the fellow member a heads up. As much as the mods try, they all have lives and jobs. Can't be here 24/7 with pepper spray. It sucks to see a guy like Shaidx get screwed because he is a friend. He's even been nice enough to send me watches to test out before I buy. Thats the kind of member he is. Pisses me off to see people like that get screwed. It's a shame this turd is in another continent.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Technically there should be no back door sales. Many of us engage in them but with folks we know. Either way you are knowingly taking a risk and the forum won't back you up.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
This is exactly what I've tried to keep off. I monitored the guy since I found that the tracking number he gave me was a false one (i.e. starting with EE only applies to global, domestic canada shipping contains only numbers). As soon as I found out, I contacted the mods, and I've notified everyone that I could reach out to keep off Idan. In fact, I monitored his activity and saw him several times PM'ing probably to other victims. Still, it took awhile for him to actually stop his activity and get banned. I'm not saying there's a fool proof, but I'm suggesting there could be an improvement in the system. Any ******* jokers can come here and pm secretly for trade, there's no need to post sales thread, and they can simply and secretly pm them and proceed there. This can be prevented by simply posting a trade thread whenever there's trade, and anyone who sees the both parties of the trade through the thread can then notified the other party to take cautious actions.

To me, danger lies in secrecy of the pm that can't be monitored, and trades often go unnoticed because mostly its done by emails or pms.

I see what you are saying,,,,,,,But there is a rule in place,,,,,That most of us use,,,,,No back door sales!!!!
Anytime i made a deal with another member by PM ,,its only because i knew them personally!! There's really no way to stop scammer's,,,,But to look out for one and the other!!! And dont trade or buy by PM or Email,,,,,Sales thread's only!!

exlgh91

I'm Pretty Popular
23/8/13
I see what you and BMW is saying. I'm sure both myself and shaidx posted sales thread and that little joker posted his own sales thread as well. Believe me I'm not arguing with you two here. There was no back-door sales, he approached us by pm. But at the time, I did my share of the research, had a phone call with him with friendly conversation, looked at all his previous postings and threads, no issues there. But no one knew that myself and shaidx were approached by idanmaman until it happened. If there was a sales thread saying who the both parties were (i.e. seller: exlgh91, buyer: idanmaman), anyone who was browsing through the trade section with any slightest information or idea on what idanmaman was like could have informed one of us. For instance, if I knew shaidx was about to do trade with Idanmaman, with the exact same watch that he proposed to me, we would have known, and at least shaidx wouldn't have had to go through all this trouble.

This is just my rant, but it can be simple as that. I tried my best to prevent other victims, i dont know if anyone saw my rants in chatbox but theres no way in hell that i would have known shaidx was also trading this guy for the same watch. If I knew, I would have pm'd him straight away. And note that this joker proposed same ******* watch for trade everytime.

I see what you are saying,,,,,,,But there is a rule in place,,,,,That most of us use,,,,,No back door sales!!!!
Anytime i made a deal with another member by PM ,,its only because i knew them personally!! There's really no way to stop scammer's,,,,But to look out for one and the other!!! And dont trade or buy by PM or Email,,,,,Sales thread's only!!

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
That's why I've made my own little rule for myself. I will only buy from members with a good feedback score and members that are known. and I will only sell to the same also. I would never buy sell or trade to someone who just pm's me. It's against the rules first, and second someone with out good feedback and a lot of posts is not going to get my business. I think it just comes down to being smart and safe about it. this is a business we are involved in that is not exactly on the up and up, and we should know because we have seen countless scams out there selling these watches. Look at Raji's post from yesterday.(best post I've ever seen BTW) but, these guys are everywhere.

The mods volunteer their time here. they have lives, families and real life to deal with. well, this is my real life now, lol, but you know what I'm saying. They do the best they can, and run this site efficiently. I think WE need to be more careful. That's the key, to avoid shit like this.

Sorry you guys got burned. It sucks.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
I see what you and BMW is saying. I'm sure both myself and shaidx posted sales thread and that little joker posted his own sales thread as well. Believe me I'm not arguing with you two here. There was no back-door sales, he approached us by pm. But at the time, I did my share of the research, had a phone call with him with friendly conversation, looked at all his previous postings and threads, no issues there. But no one knew that myself and shaidx were approached by idanmaman until it happened. If there was a sales thread saying who the both parties were (i.e. seller: exlgh91, buyer: idanmaman), anyone who was browsing through the trade section with any slightest information or idea on what idanmaman was like could have informed one of us. For instance, if I knew shaidx was about to do trade with Idanmaman, with the exact same watch that he proposed to me, we would have known, and at least shaidx wouldn't have had to go through all this trouble.

This is just my rant, but it can be simple as that. I tried my best to prevent other victims, i dont know if anyone saw my rants in chatbox but theres no way in hell that i would have known shaidx was also trading this guy for the same watch. If I knew, I would have pm'd him straight away. And note that this joker proposed same ******* watch for trade everytime.
No one wants to argue with you,,,We are here to help! And be realistic!
Sounds like you done your home work on this guy,,,,,,And thats what you have to do anytime you are getting ready to make a trade or transaction,,,,,Well done!!! ,,,,,But like you said he kept it to PM,,,,and that is a little suspect in its own ,,that should have raised concern ,,But you didnt know right???,,,,The nice phone call and all,,This guy knew how to put it on thick!,and lie his ass off!,,Its happened to the best of us!!!! The main thing is you know the next time!! Its to bad you had to go through this,,,,It really is,,,,,It burn's my ass ,,,,for guy's like this to take advantage of good nature members that want to see good in people!!!
But its to much work on the mod's and admid's here,,,,to monitor PM'S ,,,,or spend money to set up a system to monitor PM's

All and most of the mod's and admids are volunteer's here! And this sight barley pays the bill's now!! Because of lack of donation's!
They do a great job,,,,,For the volume of sales that take place here!! You have a great ideal,,,,,But who's going to pay for it????
Or who's got the time to put it in action?????
All we can do is look out for each other!!! And try to prevent this happening again!!!
Again very Sorry this happened!!!
:cheers::cheers:

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State

Ya know, it would be charming of you to acknowledge that the folks who run this place are unpaid watch lovers who do the best that they can do ON THEIR OWN TIME.

You aren't even the OP but you've made this your crusade.

If you stick around the forum and read enough threads of this sort (sadly, there are plenty) one can only hope you are more supportive of the staff. Hope springs eternal.

exlgh91

I'm Pretty Popular
23/8/13
Again, I'm not proposing that mods here are worthless. Steelfish and boss helped me alot with the previous retard who reported shit on paypal. I greatly appreciate everything that they've done for us, but this one particular case was little slow to act, and maybe I'm just rushing things cause I felt I was tricked and because the scammer wasted my time days after days finding excuses instead of just ignoring my pms, and if you are put in my situation, I realized I can't do shit cause I either contact the interpol and turn myself in as well for buying replicas and selling them, or go buy a ticket to Israel, and go visit this guy myself which is very unrealistic. So, I decided to forget about everything after seeing that he got banned finally. But now, I see that he did in fact scam others, and this is what ticked me off. Few bucks spent on reps doesn't really matter, and I can choose to forget that, but seeing this potential flaw that few bad seeds can take advance of, was truly alarming for me.

As for my comments above, I'm suggesting a simple improvement in the system. Even a simple thread before trade saying who the traders are would help in this situation.

Ya know, it would be charming of you to acknowledge that the folks who run this place are unpaid watch lovers who do the best that they can do ON THEIR OWN TIME.

You aren't even the OP but you've made this your crusade.

If you stick around the forum and read enough threads of this sort (sadly, there are plenty) one can only hope you are more supportive of the staff. Hope springs eternal.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Again, I'm not proposing that mods here are worthless. Steelfish and boss helped me alot with the previous retard who reported shit on paypal. I greatly appreciate everything that they've done for us, but this one particular case was little slow to act, and maybe I'm just rushing things cause I felt I was tricked and because the scammer wasted my time days after days finding excuses instead of just ignoring my pms, and if you are put in my situation, I realized I can't do shit cause I either contact the interpol and turn myself in as well for buying replicas and selling them, or go buy a ticket to Israel, and go visit this guy myself which is very unrealistic. So, I decided to forget about everything after seeing that he got banned finally. But now, I see that he did in fact scam others, and this is what ticked me off. Few bucks spent on reps doesn't really matter, and I can choose to forget that, but seeing this potential flaw that few bad seeds can take advance of, was truly alarming for me.

As for my comments above, I'm suggesting a simple improvement in the system. Even a simple thread before trade saying who the traders are would help in this situation.

How would YOU improve system.
As for mods and admins being slow, I just hope you understand that they do this on their free time and have to deal with 70,000+ member. Not just you, me and few other.

exlgh91

I'm Pretty Popular
23/8/13
Do you just read the lines that you only want to read? I dont mean to be rude here but in the last line, a simple trade thread that marks who the buyer is who the other party is and what items. I keep having to repeat myself. Not suggesting a million dollar project here. A simple new sales thread in the comment section notifying who the other party was and what items were involved in the trade would already help. God damn wow i feel like everyones just reading what they want to read and not the whole post.

How would YOU improve system.
As for mods and admins being slow, I just hope you understand that they do this on their free time and have to deal with 70,000+ member. Not just you, me and few other.

exlgh91

I'm Pretty Popular
23/8/13
You oost a trade thread, and potential buyer pms for trade. In the original trade thread, we know nothig of what it traded for and who the counterparty was. If the original poster can post after saying who hes trading with and for what item. Now we would at least know who attemtpd the trade and with what item wont we?

QUOTE=tommy_boy;1677180]Flaw?

Please expand on this.[/QUOTE]

exlgh91

I'm Pretty Popular
23/8/13
This would also leave an audit trail for those who wants to conduct background search on a potential trader, and more people can make informed purchases. Is this too much work for one to do?

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Damn it Sam. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Do you just read the lines that you only want to read? I dont mean to be rude here but in the last line, a simple trade thread that marks who the buyer is who the other party is and what items. I keep having to repeat myself. Not suggesting a million dollar project here. A simple new sales thread in the comment section notifying who the other party was and what items were involved in the trade would already help. God damn wow i feel like everyones just reading what they want to read and not the whole post.

All i am saying is that what you are suggesting is already in place. It is called sales feedback. You did rite thing by leaving him a negative one. OP here did not see it till it was late cause he dealt with this idan jackass on other thread. You don't have real suggestion so be an asshole when you have a real one. We are suppose to do our due diligence. Some times we fail to do that because of various reason and we get lucky sometimes, sometimes we get shafted in the ass.

How the hell your suggestion would eliminate all the scammers? The truth here is that you buy from sales thread. Period. You did a deal through a PM. I understand your frustrations here man but give it a break. I have and i am sure a lot of other members here have done a backdoor deal here. I did a tread and bought few watches through backdoor sale but the difference was that I KNEW THE PERSON. I did not even see the pics of last watch i bought through backdoor sale and i paid for it. When i got the watch i was thoroughly pleased. I had to take my friends word on it. The key difference here is that i knew the person. We are working on good faith here even though we have all these rules in place. What is there really to prevent somebody from scamming you. There is community backing here but it only goes so far. In the end we are suppose to do our own homework. Am i being cocky,no. Will i ever get scammed, most likely. But it is part of the game and we have to try OUR best to avoid it. Sometimes scammers are better than us and we can't do nothing about it so we just have to accept it. Think of it as buying a dime bag. IF a dealer cheats you there is no going to cops. Luckily we have mods here who help us.

Ps. I read your whole god damn posts. Keep the personal shit out of it. If you really want to pitch this new idea about your scam prevention scheme(A million dollar idea btw), make a new ******* thread about it. This thread is for OP's problems.

exlgh91

I'm Pretty Popular
23/8/13
Thought i was helping out having experienced the same shit from the same guy but guess i have to make another thread with the same thread name but with diff swear words i guess. Dont want to go make a statistical report on how many threads there are in the for trade section with a post stating what he traded for and with who. Just wanted to help but only advice im getting is since now i know, i can only look after myself and watch others who might get into similar situation post a thread of what exactly happened to myself. Guess its just that then. Im safe now buy what about others like me who just started this hobby, so the first loss on scam is sort of like an initiation fee then i guess.

All i am saying is that what you are suggesting is already in place. It is called sales feedback. You did rite thing by leaving him a negative one. OP here did not see it till it was late cause he dealt with this idan jackass on other thread. You don't have real suggestion so be an asshole when you have a real one. We are suppose to do our due diligence. Some times we fail to do that because of various reason and we get lucky sometimes, sometimes we get shafted in the ass.

How the hell your suggestion would eliminate all the scammers? The truth here is that you buy from sales thread. Period. You did a deal through a PM. I understand your frustrations here man but give it a break. I have and i am sure a lot of other members here have done a backdoor deal here. I did a tread and bought few watches through backdoor sale but the difference was that I KNEW THE PERSON. I did not even see the pics of last watch i bought through backdoor sale and i paid for it. When i got the watch i was thoroughly pleased. I had to take my friends word on it. The key difference here is that i knew the person. We are working on good faith here even though we have all these rules in place. What is there really to prevent somebody from scamming you. There is community backing here but it only goes so far. In the end we are suppose to do our own homework. Am i being cocky,no. Will i ever get scammed, most likely. But it is part of the game and we have to try OUR best to avoid it. Sometimes scammers are better than us and we can't do nothing about it so we just have to accept it. Think of it as buying a dime bag. IF a dealer cheats you there is no going to cop. Luckily we have mods here who help us.

Ps. I read your whole god damn posts. Keep the personal shit out of it. If you really want to pitch this new idea about your scam prevention scheme(A million dollar idea btw), make a new ******* thread about it. This thread is for OP's problems.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Also,
How come you never started a thread about iran scamming you? I don't see one.