• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Disappointed with Puretime.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
*sigh* whatever happened to the days of TTK personally checking a watch for weeks at a time, in fact sometimes he would qc them for so long we would never get them.

*sarcasm switch off

Coop

:lol:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
*sigh* whatever happened to the days of TTK personally checking a watch for weeks at a time, in fact sometimes he would qc them for so long we would never get them.

*sarcasm switch off

Coop

Damn, TTK only QC'ed my watch for a week. :lol:

wobbler

Known Member
8/7/09
ladeeeeeeeeeeez and gentlemen,

3 months and 5 days later I have my watch back. :cheer: :cheer: :cheers:

:cheese: :thumbsup: :band: :bounce:

I was so excited, it was very well packed, looked superb but......

The GMT hand still isn't working. :facepalm:

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
ladeeeeeeeeeeez and gentlemen,

3 months and 5 days later I have my watch back. :cheer: :cheer: :cheers:

:cheese: :thumbsup: :band: :bounce:

I was so excited, it was very well packed, looked superb but......

The GMT hand still isn't working. :facepalm:

:rofl: :cheese: :beatahorse:

expectations-reality-facebook-picture.jpg

sauna-expectations-vs-reality_c_223508.jpg

4ad862e9aeecc00a94663b3465ebb0a9.jpg

Expectation-
Rolex-SUBMARINER-NoDATE-047.jpg

Reality-
800px-Frolex.jpg

Solution?

Meet Frank. Your friendly neighborhood watch smith. :cheer:

Watchmaker.jpg

wobbler

Known Member
8/7/09
Very good P4GTR!!

That's a great post but why should I spend $323 for sub-par sh**?

The longer it goes on with people accepting this the worse it gets for all of us. It's too late for me to be able to do anything about getting this crap sent back and refunded but I'm not happy at all, when I spend that kind of money I expect it to at least work.

Eddie 500

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/13
I see this as a problem. Unacceptable for a piece over $300 from a TD.

jhericurls

6/9/13
Very good P4GTR!!

The longer it goes on with people accepting this the worse it gets for all of us. It's too late for me to be able to do anything about getting this crap sent back and refunded but I'm not happy at all, when I spend that kind of money I expect it to at least work.

That why you should go with TDs like Sead, hontwatch etc, Whom examines the watches personally before dispatching. Instead of giving you "can you spot the fault" QC pictures.

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Very good P4GTR!!

Keep plugging away at it. Hopefully next time you send it back on principal, solely to make our 75,000 member community stronger, it will be returned to you in working condition. I'll look for your update in another 3-4 months.

Everyone gets your point. Listen to those that have been down your path before. These things happen sometimes. How about you message Angus, get yourself a little credit for your next order, and stop sweating the small stuff in life? Buy yourself a brand new GMT movement, I'll swap it out for you for free. Angus would probably sell/give you one at this point.

We will all agree this was not the most positive outcome for your purchase. Time to spread your wings, think outside of the box. If you want to keep these watches running long term, you will have no choice but to do just that. On the other hand, if you want to carry on from your soap box like you're shopping on ebay/amazon or better yet an AD, then indeed... go shop at one of them instead.

wobbler

Known Member
8/7/09
Keep plugging away at it. Hopefully next time you send it back on principal, solely to make our 75,000 member community stronger, it will be returned to you in working condition. I'll look for your update in another 3-4 months.

Everyone gets your point. Listen to those that have been down your path before. These things happen sometimes. How about you message Angus, get yourself a little credit for your next order, and stop sweating the small stuff in life? Buy yourself a brand new GMT movement, I'll swap it out for you for free. Angus would probably sell/give you one at this point.

We will all agree this was not the most positive outcome for your purchase. Time to spread your wings, think outside of the box. If you want to keep these watches running long term, you will have no choice but to do just that. On the other hand, if you want to carry on from your soap box like you're shopping on ebay/amazon or better yet an AD, then indeed... go shop at one of them instead.

Many thanks for such a patronizing reply. :thumbsup:

You completely miss the point, you say "time to spread your wings, think outside of the box. If you want to keep these watches running long term, you will have no choice but to do just that."

The point is this hasn't been working properly AT ALL, never mind "long term."

The whole point we have to ask ourselves is: what is acceptable?

Is it acceptable to pay $323 for a watch that doesn't function as it should? Or because it wasn't from Amazon/eBay or an AD does that mean that it doesn't matter if it doesn't work properly?

The more people are blasé about these things then the worse it is for us all, if this was a 10 dollar piece of crap Canal Street rep then OK I get your point but these are supposed to be good quality replica's of the original items.

It just really annoys me the attitude of some people saying things like "it's only a rep what did you expect?" when in any other situation people would find it unacceptable.

Anyway that's all I have to say on this now, I'm done with it and won't be buying from him again but I needed to get my point across although I feel I am :beatahorse:

You are paying good money for these watches and should expect better.

ABARTH

Horology Curious
9/11/13
Hi @wobbler

Have you tried to reach Angus, the owner? He is very receptive to us on the forum. Easiest to reach on repgeek daily. Keep in mind they are just back from a weeklong Chinese vacation.

He has told us that rep forums are a very small part of their business but he is an excellent dealer. Just tell him your concerns and keep us posted. Let him know your on the forums. He'll take care of you for sure.

Cheers

That has not been my experience with Angus, also had a DOA watch, as the thread I started here under customer reviews notes I took the problem and had my watch-smithy look it over and he said it was very dirty, he cleaned and oiled it and had it back to me in 24 hours, it cost me $35, less than shipping it back to Puretime. I don't expect to ever hear from Angus. The guidance O gained here took a very bad experience from Puretime and made it better.:cheers:

Cromag

Renowned Member
11/8/12
That has not been my experience with Angus, also had a DOA watch, as the thread I started here under customer reviews notes I took the problem and had my watch-smithy look it over and he said it was very dirty, he cleaned and oiled it and had it back to me in 24 hours, it cost me $35, less than shipping it back to Puretime. I don't expect to ever hear from Angus. The guidance O gained here took a very bad experience from Puretime and made it better.:cheers:

That has nothing to do with anything. All TDs watch guts are dirty. Your post plays into what @Wobbler wants which is more accountability and scrutiny. All great but at what cost and how realistic are those expectations of this type of industry. We are a small part of their business and a forum led boycott with solidarity across the boards, if it was even plausible, would have little effect. What is the point here?

ABARTH

Horology Curious
9/11/13
That has nothing to do with anything. All TDs watch guts are dirty. Your post plays into what @Wobbler wants which is more accountability and scrutiny. All great but at what cost and how realistic are those expectations of this type of industry. We are a small part of their business and a forum led boycott with solidarity across the boards, if it was even plausible, would have little effect. What is the point here?
Thank you for your insight Cro.

wobbler

Known Member
8/7/09
Nothing at all wrong with more accountability and scrutiny mate, nothing wrong with that at all. Just because the nature of our hobby is somewhat of a "gray" area that shouldn't come at a negative cost to the consumer.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Cro is correct. We are a very small portion, but most likely a very large headache for our dealers.

Coop

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I just re-read a bunch of this and one thing pops out at me. OP bought a $298 or $324 GMT watch and the GMT hand doesn't work properly.

Hmmm, how many posts have I read about the problems with those 2836-2 converted into GMT movements that don't work properly. I've had several and none of them worked properly for more than a few months. It's always the same problem with the GMT hand not following properly. And to expect a dealer to be able to check these movement thoroughly and let them run for several days making sure of how the GMT hand is working, is asking a lot more than what they get paid for. They just pick one up at the watch market, check it for obvious flaws, bring it back and take some stupid pictures and then send it out.

It's not the TD's fault. It's a shit movement. If you have to buy a Rolex GMT, at least buy the Asian with the 21j DG3804B movement that was actually made to run a 4th hand. Better yet, do more research before you buy. I'd rate those just slightly better than the seconds at 6 Daytonas, yet people continue to buy them like crazy and then complain about them a few months later.

D

d4m.test

Just my 4 cents: 1. all watches upwards of 260 USD could/should be in normal working condition with aligned dials and hands, without any worries; That's a months salary for a well-paid factory worker (2013) 2. Suggestion: in the upper price levels there could be a 100 usd factory price difference between the 1A version of the same model compared to the one with flaws; 3. to say its a rep, what do You expect? is just too easy; If I could rely on getting a good 400 usd watch every time, I would spend at least the double on reps and never buy gens; thx for reading

sita123

26/5/13
It does not take months to get the watch back to China. I have sent back a watch that I payed $400 for that stopped running 2 weeks after I recieved it from Asian 7750. I payed $70 to ship it back in 5 buisness days. Asian 7750 fixed and shipped it using the cheapest method. It took a month to get the watch back. I dont buy from them anymore, just puretime. I buy a 1 or 2 watches every month from puretime. There quality cant be beat, and I have not had any problems with their merchandise. They are however very slow to get the ball rolling and ship out the watches I purchase, it is starting to become annoying, but the quality is worth waiting for I guess for now.

luis12

17/11/13
I am very disappointed with my first order with Puretime.
I received two watches.
The first (sea dweller) has a broken link on the bracelet.
And the second does not work at all because the balance is broken!

Puretime asked me to pay extra for delivery but it is a disaster.
I know these are replicas but it should at least have the honesty they work.

I do not want to return the watch because it is too expensive and restrictive but I'd rather work with another trusted dealer.