• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
what does this click spring do tighten the bezel click to gen like ?is the stock bp bezel click too loose

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
what does this click spring do tighten the bezel click to gen like ?is the stock bp bezel click too loose

Yes, a gen SD has very nice, crisp clicks when you rotate the bezel. A lot of replicas I see has play. You can sort of wiggle the bezel back and forth between the clicks.

Even with a gen like click spring it won't be perfect like gen. The teeth inside on the bezel are triangular on gens but angled on replicas.

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
ok cheers.ive never held a gen sd so im happy keeping mine stock for now.but im sure if i held one i would want click spring mod aswell

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
BP SD click

Been watching this post, with great interest. The BP click is an absolute nightmare, it is nothing like gen in either feel or sound. If you fit the generic click it will be little or no better.

The stock click is fixed in a hole under the bezel ass'y at approximately the 1.O'clock position, it extends counterclockwise down to the 8 O'clock position, making it approximately 30mm long. Gen or generic are about 8 mm long.

Very strange you may think, why so long?. It's a long story (pardon the pun) so I'll cut it short, the bezel running ring is not made to the same finish or tolerances as gen. If you inspect the bezel running ring you will see severe burrs and poor surface finish,

If you want to get the click something like gen, spend most if your time finishing the running ring to a better standard. Remove the BP click and modify a generic, to get a generic working something like, thin it down, so that means reduce the wire diameter.

Toycarsmy

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/4/13
Ado helped me did one, it turn same or better than my TC Subs. It is crispy and butter smooth.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
get an aftermarket one. R2 sent me one from star time supply, but the hole in the case was too large to keep the spring in place. Since my BPSD came with the short click spring, I bent it for more tension and reused it again. I think it feels ok, about the same as the aftermarket one did when I test held it in place.

Yes the hole may be too big but once it's tensioned against the case it has nowhere to go. I've done three and all of them worked out perfectly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
so the bezel pops off with case knife like gen? or does it have octagon spring

The best thing about this case is it has the gen set up for retaining, click spring recess, friction disk, click teeth... Ect.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

JohnWorks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/12
Hey guys,

can you maybe tell me the dial diameter of the SD?

Is it near 27,2mm?

Regards
Max

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
SSD dial is 27.2mm. TC's SD dial is about 28mm. Don't know about the BPSD.

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
As far as I am aware, a generic click or gen click will not fit in the retaining hole, you would have to drill the hole out to fit it?. Well that's on the five I have done, on saying that I have noticed differences in the case itself.

All the BP Sd's I have done, bar one have had the large extended click fitted as stock. Fifth case, I am not sure if the owner had changed prior to me getting it?

The BP dial is 27.5 o.d and the dial counterbore in the case is 27.7 o.d. So in theory the TC dial will not fit at 28mm o.d

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Got my QC pics from Ryan and the 9 hour marker is crooked though. Good thing I have TC dial, hands, crown/tube on the way!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The BP dial is 27.5 o.d and the dial counterbore in the case is 27.7 o.d. So in theory the TC dial will not fit at 28mm o.d

It's not too difficult to take a little off the TC dial. I installed one in the original SSD, The printing is the same diameter, just the blank is a little larger.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
unfortunately BP / TC dial are still far from genuine. flat printing without relief and wider . it' s little rough. that's why I chose to keep BP dial and do not buy TC

TC
tc16600dial01_zps9b3837d7.jpg

GEN
9132_94f74d764c41c769a74b504faa0cb92f_l_zps03db215b.jpg

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
I disagree the printing on my TC dial is not flat, it is raised.. The printing on the BP however is flat.. But the TC dial is better overall in neater and more detailed print, and no qc issues compared to the BP with crooked markers etc.. Not saying the BP is bad but it all comes down to personal choice and whether you can accept the BP dial flaws for an otherwise excellent watch

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
I disagree the printing on my TC dial is not flat, it is raised.. The printing on the BP however is flat.. But the TC dial is better overall in neater and more detailed print, and no qc issues compared to the BP with crooked markers etc.. Not saying the BP is bad but it all comes down to personal choice and whether you can accept the BP dial flaws for an otherwise excellent watch

I agree. Plus, I don't want to worry about the lume matching between BP and TC's. Seems like most is okay but I don't want to take the chance.

I could probably fix the crooked hour marker but selling either unused dial won't be a hard sell.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13

i don't see these differences of print TC vs Bp

Jordan, when you have time, can you post pics of your tc dial, especially the printing ? thank's

Picture8_zpsac07c572.jpg

Lucat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/11
This one is a M serie 16600, TC and BP dial look very similar BP indices than those of TC

IMG_5883.jpg

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
I can't wait!
USPS states that it arrived to my local post office about an hour ago.
My postman should be delivering it tomorrow. I'll definitely be posting some pics.