• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tutorial: Disassemble and assemble BP Rolex Submariner 116610 LN (lower crystal mag.

mike00

Known Member
20/4/11
(As you guys know I am more active on RG but I wanted to share my latest tuto, hope you all appreciate.)

This is a step by step tuto (mostly by pics) for those who want take take their BP suc-c casing apart. This tuto can be usefull for those wanting to:

- swap crystal
- replace pearl on insert
- lower magnification
- swap bezel insert

Also this explains how the case and bezel construction works, they say it's same construction as per gen.
many people want to lower the mag on these subs. I also showed how to do this job.

2 very important things:
- when sanding down the crystal gasket, press in the crystal as can be seen when sanding, this way you prevent the gasket to break or sanding down unequally and prevents the gasket to change by shape.
- Remove the bezelinsert is an absolute must because you will need to press the bezel back on during assembling

Be aware, these are the exact steps to follow, if not it will not work. Only thing i probably do different is the gasket placing. Most people press crystal in together with the gasket, not me. I damaged to many gaskets that way

To do this job you need a certain amount of tools. Like:

- set of screw drivers
- crystal press
- sticky ball
- toothpick for removal stem
- special dye to press bezel construcion!!!!!! (most important)
- dust blower

Part one: disassembling case

vyje5uja.jpg

4abyga2e.jpg

va5erany.jpg

u3aqena3.jpg

maja3a7u.jpg

edu7ype9.jpg

ase8ybuv.jpg

terese7y.jpg

eje2abe5.jpg

rabyhesy.jpg

e8atynyg.jpg

uryradyt.jpg

y4e2atud.jpg

e4urunaz.jpg

9epuma7e.jpg

5ebepaga.jpg

ahe3e9yb.jpg

aqa5upyj.jpg

vyje8yje.jpg

y9eqy4ad.jpg

u3a4ude2.jpg

ysa3esyj.jpg

ana2a7u7.jpg

yzada2es.jpg

7a4ybe3e.jpg

Press the crystal in the gasket when sanding, this prevents you brake the gasket or prevents uneven sanding.
When doing it this way you can use equal force downwards.

7udagy8u.jpg

Noob gasket on the left, which by the way doesn't fit due the fact it's to thin.
I used this one as a reference regarding height during the sanding down proces

ynujy5uh.jpg

yga3egeb.jpg

vy3y9any.jpg

ara3yqas.jpg

rysatyty.jpg

Reactions: brokeAF

mike00

Known Member
20/4/11
part two: assembling case

ju5ebute.jpg

y9ubu6e7.jpg

asemygyt.jpg

Beware... notice the bevelled edge on the ring, you must place it this way to lock the bezel, preventing to pop up from your case.

pu6ara7a.jpg

u2ydy4yz.jpg

e4e9aquj.jpg

pu2u8u3u.jpg

This is the special sized dye to press back the bezel construction, if you do not have this you are pretty much screwed as you will not be able to press the set back in place without damaging your gasket.

bysuryzy.jpg

7y8y5uhe.jpg

8y2y4ume.jpg

yqeqe7a5.jpg

Now i place the dial back tempeorarily in the case perfectly aligned with the rolex logo on the rehaut. This way i can make sure I place the crystal perfectly back in place (date mag)
After placing the crystal I remove the dial for a final clean-up.

y7ada5aj.jpg

esyqavej.jpg

2e8etehy.jpg

ybaqesed.jpg

Perfect aligned!

6ynubetu.jpg

5y3ezyju.jpg

e8e4u8a8.jpg

e7etuby3.jpg

ysu8ymy5.jpg

y3u3u3er.jpg

ryryhaqe.jpg

vajesa5e.jpg

5a3u6yva.jpg

a3yzubub.jpg

8ehesa5u.jpg

jeja7e3y.jpg

su5ujabu.jpg

mike00

Known Member
20/4/11
Hope you all enjoyed. I actually could have sanded the gasket way more but you all got the idea of how to do it.

Reactions: Surftime

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Great post !! Very informative! And will be a big help to a lot of members!
Rep points well deserved!! And by the way! Very nice pic's may I add!
:cheers:

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Great stuff mate, well done. I've added this thread to the Rolex Submariner WIKI post for future reference for folk.

mar04

Looking Around
26/4/13
Thanks for sharing!

The "special sized dye" seems like a IWC movement ring right?

mike00

Known Member
20/4/11
you could be right indeed!!! took one apart long long time ago....I guess it is indeed

wepiii

18/12/12
I know this is old, but great post. I would love to know where you got that circular bezel tape from

zorro07

11/9/13
HI !!! Thanks for this great tutorial !
Could you please tell us where you get the special dye/ring ? I own the blue toolcraft and others tool but can't find this ring...I know it must be a 3 or 34mm ring, but where to find this.....