• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

US Government Shutdown

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Again I disagree with shutting down the government over it I just think the way it's being handled sucks. I am getting my I.formation from a poll the showed support for Obama care was in the %40 range from one of the major news sites. My two biggest issues here are that people who don't deserve a free ride are going to continue to get even more on tax payer dollars and being force fed by government. Those are my issues with it. Let me help you see my frustration. A couple of months ago I saw a woman at target. She had track marks up and down her arms and was there with her two filthy children (where's social services when you need them). She had her kids each grab something from the dollar bin and paid for them separately on a government card and withdraw $60 cash back each. Wonder what that money was for? Do you think that person deserves any government assistance or to even be a parent? These are the type of people I don't want living on the system.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah that poll had 38% of people supporting Obamacare and 16% who didn't think it went far enough. I see your frustration, but its not like you see that every day. Of course there are always bad apples, but you don't punish everyone for it.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
If he said it publicly, it would at least show that there are some reasonable people left in the party and not all is lost. It would also show the public that hes still in control. Because right now the retard train has no brakes.

And I got the boner joke lol.

The Train to 'tardville has left the station. :D:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
(And I am disappointed that nobody got the Boner joke. Oh well.)

TB you must remember that hardcore leftists don't have a sense of humor. They are too angry to laugh at any of it.

Now quick, where is that popcorn guy :cheer:

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Now quick, where is that popcorn guy :cheer:

59pj4_zps7040f552.gif

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
This tread is more fun than an episode of News Room

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
The big question is:
When do you politically informed people (i am not) ANTICIPATE an agreement to be reached?
Obviously nobody knows, but an educated guess if possible!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
The big question is:
When do you politically informed people (i am not) ANTICIPATE an agreement to be reached?
Obviously nobody knows, but an educated guess if possible!
Well it had better be before Wednesday next or the asshats are going to screw it for everyone world wide. The implications of the US defaulting on her debt are too awful to contemplate.

I am sick and tired of a few asshats on the other side of the damn world destroying my finances!
Pull your bloody heads in and realise that blocking supply is wrong and an inappropiate response when you can't get your own way. The majority have spoken (wrongly IMO but that's beside the point) and that is what happens in a democracy! You lost the vote, live with it.

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
+1 trailboss. America the great defaulter and destroyer of the western world as we know it. All for self interest! Too scary to imagine.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
The sad thing TB is coming from America and living in Australia. I can see Australia following the U.S. In the way they model their laws and way of life. It's like Australian government looks up to the American dream and want to create the same thing here, All the way down to when a prime minister gets to meet with "The Great And Powerful Leader" The President. They act like its such a humbling honour, shame really that they would put the leader of another country in a higher status then their self. They should hold their status as just as high as him.

Sent from my iPad cause I'm to lazy to sit at a computer.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Gotta agree, we blindly follow the US in many things and it's not good.
Even our language is being polluted let alone politics and protocol.
It will be interesting to see how Abbott reacts, the worst was probably Howard who worshiped the ground POTUS walked on.

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
These 40 or 50 Tea Party nut jobs are entrenched where they can't be removed by the ballet box, they don't represent the will of the majority of the people......
They've proven they're willingness to do harm to the country if they're not given concessions that their wealthy donors want....
By definition, if they harm the good faith of our country through causing a default against the will of the majority of the people in turn breaking the fourteenth amendment to the constitution, they are traders to the republic and should be treated as such.
Obamacare for better or worse is a law passed through two branches of government and signed by a president, vetted by a election, and upheld by the SupremeCourt...If you don't like it there is a procedure to change it, but it involves winning elections and controlling all the branches of government through them, not through staging a coup de tat.....

HarleyMo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/13
Well if our president wasn't a twat and actually gave a damn about our country he would have tried to talk to both sides and put together an agreement unfortunately he is acting like a toddler with his "my way or the highway attitude". Sorry I have a strong dislike for most politicians.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

++++++++++1

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 4

HarleyMo

26/2/13
These 40 or 50 Tea Party nut jobs are entrenched where they can't be removed by the ballet box, they don't represent the will of the majority of the people......
They've proven they're willingness to do harm to the country if they're not given concessions that their wealthy donors want....
By definition, if they harm the good faith of our country through causing a default against the will of the majority of the people in turn breaking the fourteenth amendment to the constitution, they are traders to the republic and should be treated as such.
Obamacare for better or worse is a law passed through two branches of government and signed by a president, vetted by a election, and upheld by the SupremeCourt...If you don't like it there is a procedure to change it, but it involves winning elections and controlling all the branches of government through them, not through staging a coup de tat.....

Nice Democrat talking points. I don't consider wanting smaller less intrusive government to be a 'Nut Job' position to take. Its what our founding fathers designed and what made us great until the progressives started ruining this country. And as far as Obamacare being the law? Slavery also use to be the law passed through two branches of government and signed by a president, vetted by many elections, and upheld by the supreme court. I guess Republicans shouldn't have fought to end that either.

And if you want to understand the government 'slimdown' since about 85% of it is still open read this article by Thomas Sowell

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2013/oct/06/thomas-sowell-who-shut-down-the-federal/

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

here here! It is my opinion that Obamacare is flawed, heavily flawed but as I said it passed so that is that. Holding a country to ransom by blocking supply when you don't get your way is just plain wrong. I don't like it when it happens here either (as it inevitably does now and again, very rare tho) regardless of which party is responsible. Basically it's blackmailing and/or holding to ransom the duly elected representatives of the people.

Knowing the American feeling for the importance of due process I'm genuinely surprised I can't hear the screams of protest from here. Regardless of who they support this should be abhorrent to anyone who understands how government is supposed to work, it's just plain wrong!

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
And if you want to understand the government 'slimdown' since about 85% of it is still open read this article by Thomas Sowell

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2013/oct/06/thomas-sowell-who-shut-down-the-federal/

Well, that's one conservative's view. Hoover is a bastion of the deep right.

Interested in another ? Including Fox News video. Go here: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...responsible-for-the-government-shutdown-video

King is a conservative, in his own words.

HarleyMo

26/2/13

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13

King is a progressive big government GOP establishment guy. He is no small government constitutional conservative. George Bush was the same way.

Honestly if you think that George Bush and King are progressive, there is no point in even arguing. Also, you have a very weak understanding of US History if you believe that the Republicans of Abraham Lincoln's day are the same Republican Party as today.