• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob LMLE PO 42mm

versace

Looking Around
7/9/13
Well, I'm aware of the alleged issues but I couldn't wait for this next batch. Placed my order with Puretime, awaiting QC pics. Should I have included that I lurked RWI?

vinnyjones

Horology Curious
28/8/13
FYI I Just received my LMPO and I'm very happy with the watch. I don't know if its second or 3rd batch but it looks good. The band however is total crap IMO. The clasp broke the first day. The link pins are unbelievably cheap metal. Even before it broke it was a real PITA to close. Not smooth at all. If you are buying one of these you'll love the watch but plan on tossing the nearly disposable band. I ordered a rubber deployment band and clasp already so that should solve the issue. The dealers should sell this with a "band delete" option then buyers can save some money towards a decent band.

mrjohan

Known Member
23/10/11
heres a pic of my LMPO next to my CRPO

hard to say which is the better rep...both are pretty damn sweet!

Looking good! Both have their attributes.

How about the overall quality of the LMPO?
Vinnyjones toasted the bracelet. What do think about the bracelet?
How about the crown and tube?

Thanks...

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
yeah i would have to agree with Vinyjones, the bracelet is pretty much the same as the V5PO.....probably is!

so the CRPO bracelet is far superior, just feels nicer and abit heavier

the movement/crown and tube are better in the CRPO but its a swiss movement v.s asian 2824 so not a fair comparison.

However the LMPO is hands down better from a dial & lume perspective (if your lucky enuogh to snag one that is algined properly!

hope this helps!
cheers

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Will BP sell a CrPO bracelet by itself?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Who has a Gen LMPO?? I picked up a rep and want to send it away for a side by side review. I cannot find the person that had the Gen.

mrjohan

Known Member
23/10/11
yeah i would have to agree with Vinyjones, the bracelet is pretty much the same as the V5PO.....probably is!

so the CRPO bracelet is far superior, just feels nicer and abit heavier

the movement/crown and tube are better in the CRPO but its a swiss movement v.s asian 2824 so not a fair comparison.

However the LMPO is hands down better from a dial & lume perspective (if your lucky enuogh to snag one that is algined properly!

hope this helps!
cheers

Thanks for your input!

I really want the LMPO. I think I'll ignore the bracelet "issues". I have the 42mm V5PO, and I get along with that bracelet pretty well. As long as it gets a good soak in oil to get rid of dirt and make it super smooth it feels just fine!

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Got mine finally from an M2M. This is my opinon based on what I know about Omega's. owned a bunch, but not this model.

Crystal is 10/10 (better than Gen. Xtals I have seen this is an unbelievable beauty)
Bracelet is 1/10 ( canal street worse than any rep I have owned in last 3 years must be replaced)
Stem/Crown 6/10 (same as V5 and UPO 6/10)
Date wheel 6/10 (font good, but sunken in this is a dead give away compared to Gen Omega's)
Case 8/10 (Appears to be good quality and similar to V5 at a glance)
Bezel pearl 7/10 (looks very nice, but Lume sucks)
Insert X/10 (not sure would like this compared to a Gen in a photo shoot)
Caseback 9/10 (they always look good to me)

Personally, think this is a good launching pad for a franken. The key components in my eyes are acceptable (dial, crystal, bezel).

I will send this to someone with a Gen for a side by side review if you have one let me know.

vinnyjones

Horology Curious
28/8/13
I agree with surf's assessment. Only thing I can add is that the accuraccy seems to be superb. Ive been tracking it daily. I set it six days ago against the atomic clock and its only 7 seconds off today and has never been more than 7 seconds during that time.

Re band I got the $75 eBay rubber with white stiching and it looks good but of course not as good as good as gen. The deployment clasp is excellent but no omega logo on band or clasp. I noticed that u can buy a gen brown rubber at offredi (s?p). I wonder what that band would look like on lmpo.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Got mine finally from an M2M. This is my opinon based on what I know about Omega's. owned a bunch, but not this model.

Crystal is 10/10 (better than Gen. Xtals I have seen this is an unbelievable beauty)
Bracelet is 1/10 ( canal street worse than any rep I have owned in last 3 years must be replaced)
Date wheel 6/10 (font good, but sunken in this is a dead give away compared to Gen Omega's)

Personally, think this is a good launching pad for a franken. The key components in my eyes are acceptable (dial, crystal, bezel).

I will send this to someone with a Gen for a side by side review if you have one let me know.

Thanks for the input! Noob CR PO, waiting for it :)

mrjohan

Known Member
23/10/11

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10

Thanks for the info surf, I have to say have quized nearly 10 people who have bought this rep and assessment seems to differ in some ways. Many in agreement with you on some aspects but some varying info on others?.
(Just to add I don't own the watch yet so my disclaimer is I confirm none of this is true :))

Mainly hearing: crystal, great, considerable better than V5, but no gen. Very good AR all the same.?

Bracelet, much better than V5, obviously different factory to V5, endlinks much better, midlinks much better and very close to gen, mixed a little on clasp, seems lesser quality, some have said it fell apart, other said pretty good, but not much better than V5 clasp.?

Crown/tube, much better than V5, no comparison really almost all said very solid with lots of turns....on the flip side, of the 3 42mm CrPOs I've seen, none had a good crown/tube, most had crown tube like a bad V5 ..(while the 45mm CrPO I had had great crown/tube....sods law)! ? I had hoped they sorted out the crown/tube issue that plagued V5s, could you explain how it's bad, how many turns/sturdiness/seems like it's about to strip etc??

Most of the rest were in agreement with you. I just find the differences interesting, will have to buy the rep and take a look at it I think :)

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Thanks for the info surf, I have to say have quized nearly 10 people who have bought this rep and assessment seems to differ in some ways. Many in agreement with you on some aspects but some varying info on others?.
(Just to add I don't own the watch yet so my disclaimer is I confirm none of this is true :))

Mainly hearing: crystal, great, considerable better than V5, but no gen. Very good AR all the same.?

Bracelet, much better than V5, obviously different factory to V5, endlinks much better, midlinks much better and very close to gen, mixed a little on clasp, seems lesser quality, some have said it fell apart, other said pretty good, but not much better than V5 clasp.?

Crown/tube, much better than V5, no comparison really almost all said very solid with lots of turns....on the flip side, of the 3 42mm CrPOs I've seen, none had a good crown/tube, most had crown tube like a bad V5 ..(while the 45mm CrPO I had had great crown/tube....sods law)! ? I had hoped they sorted out the crown/tube issue that plagued V5s, could you explain how it's bad, how many turns/sturdiness/seems like it's about to strip etc??

Most of the rest were in agreement with you. I just find the differences interesting, will have to buy the rep and take a look at it I think :)

The bracelet assessment is intersting. The one it came on for me actually fell apart in my hands. I is not possible to size without all of the pins falling out. I have sized many watches and this has never happened. I do not doubt there are different batches that are better. The clas engraving is actually very well done.

The crystal IMO is as good as any Gen Omega I have seen or owned. That being said I have never seen a Gen Liquid metal xtal, but is as good as a Gen V5 or UPO Xtal. I have owned both.

I really would like to see a side by side with this watch and a Gen. I put this baby on a black leather deployment and it is freaking nice!!

If the Noob CR PO is even close to this quality I will be adding one to my box for sure.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Thanks surf, it's interesting to hear the feedback the LMPO. Disappointing to hear the bracelet wasn't good, wonder would it be worth asking the TD to send you out a replacement? Would be interesting to see a gen/rep review also, I think a couple of people on the forums own gens full time, Scarface on rwi here and Carrera906 on RG.

Starting to wonder if the Noob CRPO will ever get released, I'm sure it will be along sometime, Christmas maybe with a ton of other reps at the same time :)

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I will PM Scarface to see if I send him mine he will review. I am really hopeful this one passes mustard next to a Gen. This is really the kind of watch that distracts you from work or driving due to its beauty!

:woot: