• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Major Rep Dealer Cop Out

Taze00

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/8/13
Um, so? Arcadia has just been thru a minor civil war, I spent a great deal of my life being shot at on a daily basis, folk like Luth, Pat and dozens of others here have seen more death and destruction than you can point a stick at. Arcadia was being sarcastic ya dope!

BTW, the last guy to pull a knife on me isn't walking any longer, never, EVER take a knife to a gunfight.

Don't care

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13
Go to any Chinese factory (not just reps) and ask anyone why the quality is so shit. The answer is simple; these people are underpaid and overworked. Don't expect top quality in replicas from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Go to any Chinese factory (not just reps) and ask anyone why the quality is so shit. The answer is simple; these people are underpaid and overworked. Don't expect top quality in replicas from China.

Remember, your Iphone that you're posting on is made in a Chinese factory.

Actually, Chinese factories make some damn fine watches. Don't confuse rep factories with every thing else coming from China. If you took all the Chinese made products off the shelf in Walmart, you'd have a big empty warehouse.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

Actually, Chinese factories make some damn fine watches. Don't confuse rep factories with every thing else coming from China. If you took all the Chinese made products off the shelf in Walmart, you'd have a big empty warehouse.

This is very true. But we both also know that quality control for these items is a lot different.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06

Yes but all of those things being produced have a giant diffrence in quality, forget about about watches for a few minutes.

China factory makes a cheap ass low cost usb cord, it works, has no rating, and is sold to Walmart for .50 each who then sells to consumer for $5.00 each. The cord is complete shit, unsafe, and has very little life before it burns your house down.

Apple contracts to china factory for thier usb cord but demands use of high grade materials. Understand the diffrence??

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Walmart was only used as one example. It would be the same in ANY department store in the world. Jeesh! you guys are brutal. I'll bet every one of you guys has a shit load of items including all your small appliances and most electronics in your house are made in China.

But, we're talking about watches and movements. I think you'd be shocked at how many watches, even "Swiss" watches have many or most of their parts made in China. It's naive to think that every factory in China is somehow on the same QC level as a replica factory. That's just plain stupid.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
^^^
This.
Not only parts, absolutely a whole watch with SWISS MADE on dial.
They just ship it to Switzerland disassembled. I can name a few quite well known brands, that are, actually, made in China.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
I can't read through all 17 pages of of this rubbish , all I can say is that RWI is not for the easily offended. There is a lot of teasing and if you cannot handle it, feel free to never come back. Secondly, some of you folks want gens for the price of reps, please be realistic. Third, don't get mad if you ask for opinions, and you get them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
^^^
This.
Not only parts, absolutely a whole watch with SWISS MADE on dial.
They just ship it to Switzerland disassembled. I can name a few quite well known brands, that are, actually, made in China.

We got to stop agreeing. This is scaring me.

;)

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
OP, there is a world of difference between having strong opinions and the courage of your convictions, and being downright arrogant. You are unbelievably arrogant.

You have questioned the complete ethos and status quo of the better part of 65,000 people here who buy replica/counterfeit/fake watches from a long established network. You, by your own admission, are yet to buy your first rep - but you seek to tell us all what we are doing wrong. Have you actually even SEEN a rep yet?

There are people on this forum who have forgotten more about both genuine and replica watches than you will ever know. There are people here who work very closely with rep dealers, and also with legitimate business of all kinds in China, who understand TOTALLY their mindset.

So please, remember the adage that it is better to keep silent and have the world think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Every comment you make on this thread just proves that you know absolutely jack shit about what you're saying and suggesting.

I'm done here.

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13

Can't compare illegal factories with big time companies and their big contracts. That being said, most Chinese brands are bad quality. I'm Chinese living in Europe and my family tells me not to buy products from china all the time.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond

I watched a doco a while back and a lot of the parts for iPhones are made in taiwan then assembled in china.I remember when I was a kid everyone moaning about cheap Japanese shit including their cars,now they produce desirable product.give the Chinese a bit of time and I have no doubt they will emulate the japanes.the cheap shit will then come out of sweat shops in Vietnam,Shri lanka and maybe Burma if they get their act together politicly

Taze00

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/8/13
I'm so over this thread, I learned what I needed like 15 pages ago. In one sentence people say stop crying, don't be baby and in the next sentence they do EXATELY THAT. I'm out of this thread, tired of you old fogeys stroking your tiny e peen. You wanted an argument you had it and couldn't handle it.
Peace

Ohh and btw the poll is split 50/50 looks like your opinion on this matter is just that.... An opinion.

drsven

Looking Around
25/2/13
I watched a doco a while back and a lot of the parts for iPhones are made in taiwan then assembled in china.I remember when I was a kid everyone moaning about cheap Japanese shit including their cars,now they produce desirable product.give the Chinese a bit of time and I have no doubt they will emulate the japanes.the cheap shit will then come out of sweat shops in Vietnam,Shri lanka and maybe Burma if they get their act together politicly

It simply comes down to QC and engineering. With oversight, quality products can be made in any factory anywhere in the world. Apple is a great example, or just take a look at what VW has done in countries like Mexico.

As to the OP - I think you're crazy thinking that an illegally produced replica watch will have the same QC in place as any legal watch factory, regardless if the gen. retails for as little as $100.00