• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

An American Tragedy

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I also has quite a few close friends from Chicago and not only is it a lovely city but one of the friendliest places I've been to.

Luthier: local news is local news. Why would I want to read about every murder in a State that doesn't concern me. We have enough murders here, mostly in Riviera Beach, many black on black, but that doesn't mean Palm Beach or West Palm Beach is a shithole. Those crimes committed either here or Chicago are also is of no interest to the newspapers in Hollywood CA.

This thread has gone from interesting to downright bizarre. The nonsense about Hillary Clinton faking an injury and the kidnap of the ambassador are over the top.

I'm shocked at the absolutely vapid statements I keep reading. Some of you wingnuts are taking all the fun out of a good argument with all the stupid statements that you believe as true.

You can't even make a good rebuttal to stupidity.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Someone please tell me how these events (and I promise you, this IS how it went down) is in any way excusable?

With all due respect to SFA, It turned out that his ultra long thread about the Fukushima Nuclear accident had many, many details that were later proven to be either inaccurate or totally false. He likes to come off as being somehow in the loop with all the Govt spooks but his record is far from spotless when it comes to reliability.
And, most of the info he was picking up as "inside knowledge" was just coming off different Internet forums. We all know how accurate that often is.

No one ever lies on the Internet..
:jaw:

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
:picard:
KBH, you're smart man, how could you, possibly, defend Hillary? I don't know, if she lied about hitting her head (in very convenient time!!!), but she lied about not knowing anything, what's going on there. And if it's truth, and IF she was really out of the loop - what Secretary of State she was??? Only idiot could not know anything.
And about Chicago - you too, missed my point. I don't care, how nice is Chicago city. It wasn't my point. Liberal media don't care about black-on-black crime, because it's not a "racial" thing. It's "their" life. But when a white man killed a black man (in self defense!!!), they were all over it. And you telling me liberals have no bias and agenda???

DoubleWristed

24/5/12
With all due respect to SFA, It turned out that his ultra long thread about the Fukushima Nuclear accident had many, many details that were later proven to be either inaccurate or totally false. He likes to come off as being somehow in the loop with all the Govt spooks but his record is far from spotless when it comes to reliability.
And, most of the info he was picking up as "inside knowledge" was just coming off different Internet forums. We all know how accurate that often is.

No one ever lies on the Internet..
:jaw:

You sir seem to discount every statement made by anyone who does not 100% agree with you YET your knowledge of every topic is apparently based on concrete, vetted, 100% legitimate fact. I only wish I had available to me your rock solid resources so I could live life as informed as you are.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
:picard:
KBH, you're smart man, how could you, possibly, defend Hillary? I don't know, if she lied about hitting her head (in very convenient time!!!), ...........

And about Chicago - you too, missed my point. I don't care, how nice is Chicago city. It wasn't my point. Liberal media don't care about black-on-black crime, because it's not a "racial" thing. It's "their" life. But when a white man killed a black man (in self defense!!!), they were all over it. And you telling me liberals have no bias and agenda???

I'm not defending Hillary. My comment was about the idiotic comment made by another member that she faked a head injury so she wouldn't have to testify. You just can't argue with people that are that either that stupid or just ill informed.

And I'll make one more comment about Chicago since you think the media are either ignoring or covering up something. Where has the information about this problem come from? Mostly from President Obama. He's used it over and over in his speeches about gun violence the the USA. Now, somehow you've decided it's not getting enough coverage because Faux News continually twists anything the President says to fit their agenda. He either talks too much or not enough about it depending on the story line they are pushing. And once again you fall for it.

REDCELL

11/6/13
I'm not defending Hillary. My comment was about the idiotic comment made by another member that she faked a head injury so she wouldn't have to testify. You just can't argue with people that are that either that stupid or just ill informed.

And I'll make one more comment about Chicago since you think the media are either ignoring or covering up something. Where has the information about this problem come from? Mostly from President Obama. He's used it over and over in his speeches about gun violence the the USA. Now, somehow you've decided it's not getting enough coverage because Faux News continually twists anything the President says to fit their agenda. He either talks too much or not enough about it depending on the story line they are pushing. And once again you fall for it.

..when you get around to posting a link to that Florida Law that lets you shoot someone for pissing you off....perhaps you could post some of the links where Obama has talked about Shitcago crime over and over. Id love to read those too.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Google "Obama speaks about Chicago gun violence and you'll get a whole page of them. Even on Faux News with their negative spin attached.

Here's a couple of vids for the reading impaired among us.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2168404064001/obama-addresses-chicago-gun-crime/

Or you can get the liberal rag, Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/15/obama-chicago-gun-violenc_n_2697781

As for the shooting and the FL law, that's just an opinion. One shared by many other people. Believe it or not, some of them even smarter than you or I.

I'll just throw out the first one than comes up when doing a cursory check of Zimmeman and Stand Your Ground:

The surprising takeaway, says Andrew Cohen at The Atlantic, "is that you can go looking for trouble in Florida, with a gun and a great deal of racial bias, and you can find that trouble, and you can act upon that trouble in a way that leaves a young man dead, and none of it guarantees that you will be convicted of a crime." Florida has "outlandishly broad self-defense laws," Cohen says. "This verdict would not have occurred in every state. It might not even have occurred in any other state."
That's the genius of America's federal system of government, says Rick Moran at American Thinker. "Individual states are allowed to define things like self-defense according to local community standards," so Florida's laws are bound to be closer to those in Texas and Louisiana than self-defense standards in New York or Boston.
"I'm pretty sure if the Zimmerman-Martin incident had occurred in Illinois, a good prosecutor would have convicted George Zimmerman of manslaughter," Moran says. But it didn't. Given the different cultural standards across America, lots of people were going to be unhappy with the outcome, whatever the verdict. But this happened in Florida, and "we are left with a decision by a jury of Mr. Zimmerman's peers viewing the evidence and testimony through local eyes, and with local sensibilities."

REDCELL

11/6/13
Google "Obama speaks about Chicago gun violence and you'll get a whole page of them. Even on Faux News with their negative spin attached.

Here's a couple of vids for the reading impaired among us.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2168404064001/obama-addresses-chicago-gun-crime/

Or you can get the liberal rag, Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/15/obama-chicago-gun-violenc_n_2697781

As for the shooting and the FL law, that's just an opinion. One shared by many other people. Believe it or not, some of them even smarter than you or I.

I'll just throw out the first one than comes up when doing a cursory check of Zimmeman and Stand Your Ground:

The surprising takeaway, says Andrew Cohen at The Atlantic, "is that you can go looking for trouble in Florida, with a gun and a great deal of racial bias, and you can find that trouble, and you can act upon that trouble in a way that leaves a young man dead, and none of it guarantees that you will be convicted of a crime." Florida has "outlandishly broad self-defense laws," Cohen says. "This verdict would not have occurred in every state. It might not even have occurred in any other state."
That's the genius of America's federal system of government, says Rick Moran at American Thinker. "Individual states are allowed to define things like self-defense according to local community standards," so Florida's laws are bound to be closer to those in Texas and Louisiana than self-defense standards in New York or Boston.
"I'm pretty sure if the Zimmerman-Martin incident had occurred in Illinois, a good prosecutor would have convicted George Zimmerman of manslaughter," Moran says. But it didn't. Given the different cultural standards across America, lots of people were going to be unhappy with the outcome, whatever the verdict. But this happened in Florida, and "we are left with a decision by a jury of Mr. Zimmerman's peers viewing the evidence and testimony through local eyes, and with local sensibilities."

..The Fox link didn't load for me, but judging by the date...looks to be the same speech....Is that what you meant by "over and over"?

And thank you for clarifying the truth that there is no law in Florida allowing someone to shoot someone else just for pissing them off.

As to Luthiers point about the media being silent on the crimes in Shitcago...Good News! From the Huffington piece.."Standing before Hyde Park Academy students in their navy uniform shirts, the president said 65 children were killed by gun violence last year in Chicago."

So...at least they have a suspect...Mr. Gun Violence. Apparently all the Shitcago PD needs to do is go to his house, make an arrest, and its all better. Thanks for the excellent work in finding the person responsible for all of those shootings Mr. President! Now...can you help us out on Benghazi? Fast n Furious? etc....

DoubleWristed

24/5/12
KBH

That was my comment speculating about Hillary's "fall".

Now I am not a conspiracy theorist and there is obviously no fact to back up my opinion and speculative statement but how could you not say to yourself, "wow, that is the most convenient head injury I have ever seen".

Now you clearly will vehemently defend Hillary's character, not because I said so but because you have been throughout this entire thread. Personally I am an independent. I am skeptical about anything our politicians tell us or tell Congress under oath.

You are talking points liberal or talking points democrat however you want to say it. You clearly ignore facts to get your point across.

The bottom line is that for the entire time Obama has been in office he has been trying to talk down the threat of terrorism to our country. Maybe he is right and he was voted into office twice so that is his prerogative, he is trying hard to get away from Bush's policy of labeling everything terrorism. That isn't my opinion it is fact.

Obama has continually made statements in the aftermath of terrorist events to downplay the role of radical islam in said events. He immediately called the underwear bomber a lone wolf who had outside assistance later we find out that he was tied to the same cleric Anwar al-Awalaki that the Fort Hood shooter was tied to, the Fort Hood shooting which js now being characterized by the Obama administration as "Workplace Violence".

So point of the Benghazi story is the culmination of a policy to limit the perception of a threats against our nation at all costs.

Whether its denying the Embassy more security after repeated requests

Whether its ordering the military to stand down while our Embassy is under attack

Whether its blaming the attack on a protest abour a video

Whether its putting a State Dept. official on a TV show to Spin the story away from being an actual attack on the Embassy
(Then comically appointing that person next Secretary of State)

Whether its trying forget about it by saying.... well That happened a long time ago

To to top it off the highest ranking member of the Government that was going to testify ends up in the hospital with a concussion the night before she is due to testify under oath regarding the event.

Oh and why are you so angry?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Oh and why are you so angry?

I'm not the least bit angry. I enjoy spirited debate and discussion.

I just get a little frustrated when I have to listen to opinions continually pushed as facts. Just as most of your last post. It's just getting too tiresome to continue.

there is obviously no fact to back up my opinion and speculative statement

That's why I'm losing interest in continuing.........

DoubleWristed

24/5/12
Well played tactic of quoting one sentence (where I clarify that an earlier statement was my opinion) of a long statement and use it to describe my entire post.

The only "spirited debate" you appreciate is clearly only with people whom you agree with.

You aren't interested in talking about a topic, you are only interested in pushing your agenda or unabashedly defending others who agree with you.

I am not trying to argue with you. You say most of my last statement is me pushing opinion as facts. So I ask you to correct me then. I am open minded brother and if you have the facts I want them.

REDCELL

11/6/13
That was the friggin law in Florida long before the NRA made it legal to shoot anyone that pissed you off.

Well, that's easy. First, Fox is an entertainment channel that has only one agenda, to press the right wing agenda. It has it's core audience of hard core Republican Social Conservatives who take it all in as truth and actually believe it to be "news". Yeah right!

The other ones you mention are with the exception of MSNBC are actually news channels, not entertainment channels. We all know the news is in general rather boring to the average dumb American. You also notice that MSNBC doesn't have the word "News" in it's title, although it actually does have more programming that is actually devoted to news than Faux News has.

Also, the Democratic Party (or the LEFT, as you like to call it) is a much more diverse group with much more diverse opinions, rather than the Hard Right who spend all their waking hours thinking about how the Illegitimate Kenyan President and the US Go'mint is out to screw them, force abortions on their wimmin and take away their guns.

You got a real sick group sucking up that drivel on a daily basis. Most of the Democrats are too busy working and trying to get by to spend time watching crap like that.

Getting tired of opinion? Would this be considered Irony?

Well played tactic of quoting one sentence (where I clarify that an earlier statement was my opinion) of a long statement and use it to describe my entire post.

The only "spirited debate" you appreciate is clearly only with people whom you agree with.

You aren't interested in talking about a topic, you are only interested in pushing your agenda or unabashedly defending others who agree with you.

I am not trying to argue with you. You say most of my last statement is me pushing opinion as facts. So I ask you to correct me then. I am open minded brother and if you have the facts I want them.

Kinda the same thing NBC News did with the Zimmerman 911 call...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...mmerman-lawyer-to-move-asap-against-nbc-news/

Luthier

30/9/09
KBH, my deal liberal friend, please, tell me, where this hardcore old white right winger is wrong?
;)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yswEJ81hnWA"]Race In America! - President Obama & The Race Problem! - O'Reilly Talking Point - YouTube[/ame]

Luthier

30/9/09
You just have nothing to say, mate. Because he's right. But it's OK, it's usual tactic of liberals - deny what they don't like, or can't beat.
:p

REDCELL

11/6/13
Sorry, Luth. I gave up listening to his bloviating years ago. I'd rather puncture my own ear drums and gouge out my eyes.

Drum roll...............

Ok wing nuts. There's your opening. Have at it.

...That seems pretty extreme. Don't do that.

Also...if you are not angry...Why do you consistently and intentionally call people names or use derogatory versions? I thought Dems/Libs were supposed to be the open minded ones?

:shrug:

DoubleWristed

24/5/12
C'mon guys this is all in good fun. We aren't going to move mountains here or change each other's views.... this is what we are here for:

Picked this little fella up from the Post Office this morning