• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Noob Factory 390 Just released [QC pics allowed]

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Everyone, I got my QC pics from a TD here. I purchased and paid for a KW Pam390 but my QC pics & my eyes are saying other wise? Can someone with better trained eyes help me out. It looks like its a HFactory Pam390 but im not 100% sure.

Thanks!

This is for sure a kW versión. No doubts

ALE

oshiri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/13
Hi Everyone, I got my QC pics from a TD here. I purchased and paid for a KW Pam390 but my QC pics & my eyes are saying other wise? Can someone with better trained eyes help me out. It looks like its a HFactory Pam390 but im not 100% sure.

Thanks!

dsc1070p.jpg

i bought my 390 from trevor too.

buy with confidence mate

integlspwr

7/5/12
i bought my 390 from trevor too.

buy with confidence mate

ya there was a little bit of miscommunication on getting the KW version vs the Noob or H-Factory version but alas, he has come through again. :thumbsup:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
There is an interesting comparion thread in RG from hon30 who owns a gen PAM 390 and a Noob PAm 390.
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=207414&page=2&p=2235111#post-2235111

Before to see the KW PAM 390 (waited for next week) From above mentioned thread thread and some other info I have get the opinions as follows:

It is clear now that Noob is, most likely, the best option at this moment over H maker and KW 390.

Dial and hands
- Noob dial layout is almost perfect as we saw in a previous post:

PAM390Noobvsgen-horizcopiar_zpsc727c3cf.jpg

PAM390Noobvsgen-vertcopiar_zpsf36b400f.jpg

- Dial texture and colour: we get different results in function of the light and some of them are opposite. In some pics seems noob darker whereas in other smees gen darker. Regarding texture is the same because side pic of Noob seems have texture too. The same for lume colour.
I think that hon30 opinion must prevail and we can consider that Noob dial is accurate in this regard

- Cannon pinion is almost like gen. Perfect

- Noob PAM 390 hands are very well cut with clean edges, but, as already said in other posts, have clearly a lighter or less yellow gold colour. It seems that Noob hands are Rose Gold plated but Gen are mafde of Yellow Gold. Noob hands are really nicer than gen IMO, but the colour is not accurate.

- Lume application seems flatter than H maker and KW. Noob lume not as flat as gen but is the best approach nowadays. Differences are more evident in outdoor light.

- Colour lume seems a bit more yellowish than gen but i think it is a light effect, since hon30 says there is no difference in person

Crystal
- AR colour, although the post in Rolex-forum talking about Blue hue in gen, even stronger to PAM Boutiques:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=1454591&postcount=98
I have seen nothing to prove this statement and we have not get any pic proving the blue colour in gen PAM 390. Then colourless Noob crystal is more accurate tham KW crystal with blue-violet hue. Even AR effect seems better in Noob in comparison with the gen.

- From the pics it seems that Noob has improved the bevel of the crystal. Because in current versions the bevel of the crystal was very large in comparison to gen.
Below pic is the crystal bevel of new Noob PAM 390

PAM390noobhon30bevelcrystalcopiar_zps28988404.jpg

Whreas below pic is the bevel of current Noob replicas

PAM390BEVELNOOBCRYSTAL_zps3c318cd5.jpg

Case-set
- At last !. Noob has changed the “fat†crown to a “slim†crown. Then we have here an evident improvement of Noob set.

- Noob seems to have introduced some improvements in lever shape but has not changed the roller support shape and remain wrong like last versions.

PAM390wrongrollersupport_zps3e0072e5.jpg

- Concerning case it seems there are no changes and remain all advantages and flaws. Good finish and general shape, nice CG and perfectly accurate bezel.
The lug screws seem well placed, but in hon30 sample there is some differences left-right as you can see in the hin30 pic. The right lug screw seems to be towards inside.
The Noob 390 lugs are fater in upper side (as always). In this way, when the lugs are joining the case, they leave less space between the upper side of the lug and the cushion shape of the case.
You can see this Noob lug flaw in below comparison pic (made from hon30 pics). You can see the space left by the gen (gen orange zone) is higher than the space left by the Noob (Noob orange zone)
As well in the Noob pic you can see the gen lug contour (blue contour) superimposed over the Noob lug shape. You can see how the Noob lug is clearly fater, in the upper side, than gen (blue arrow).

PAM390HON30GEN-NOOBcopiar_zpse7f2388f.jpg

Curiously KW lugs are opposite, because they are thinner than gen. But both lugs have wrong shape. In my opinion, but this is a taste matter, Noob lugs are nicer, more aesthetic in some way, but both are inaccurate in this regard.

Conclusions
Noob PAM 390 is a replica very difficult to be surpassed. It is, most likely the best current option of this model.
Next week I hope to receive a KW PAM 390 for a fried. I don’t like the crystal AR blue hue of this KW replica. Anyway, I will get more info about this other new version of PAM 390 rep.

ALE

trent23

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/8/12
Hey guys just receive my QC pics from PT what do u guys think?:)

I personally think it is alright just needed some second opinion

Thanks!

evilmonk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/12/12
Does anybody feel a difference with the 390N crown guard lever? Compared to my 111nv3 it feels kinda flimsy soft....not as snappy...dunno if its just mine and should it even be a concern

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Hello everyone, by reading through this thread, now I decided to buy this 390 as my first ever rep PAM. However i would like to know what puretime has (see links below)

http://www.puretime.co/product/pam390-n-noob-11-best-edition-on-brown-asso-strap/

is the same as from toro bravo

http://www.torobravos2013.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=PAM+390&product_id=800

toro doesnt mention Platinum plated Asian UNITAS-6497-2 21600vph hand-winding movement with dagger swan neck regulator and flat-top movement bridge blue screws, movement updated to the same decoration as genuine Panerai Calibre OP II (OR) 316F high grade stainless steel tang buckle with detailed engravings (same as gen)

So i have confused where to buy, the reason is TORO bravo has already comfirmed they have the watch in stock however puretime still hasn't.

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
Hello everyone, by reading through this thread, now I decided to buy this 390 as my first ever rep PAM. However i would like to know what puretime has (see links below)

http://www.puretime.co/product/pam390-n-noob-11-best-edition-on-brown-asso-strap/

http://www.torobravos2013.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=PAM+390&product_id=800

toro doesnt mention Platinum plated Asian UNITAS-6497-2 21600vph hand-winding movement with dagger swan neck regulator and flat-top movement bridge blue screws, movement updated to the same decoration as genuine Panerai Calibre OP II (OR) 316F high grade stainless steel tang buckle with detailed engravings (same as gen)

So i have confused where to buy, the reason is TORO bravo has already comfirmed they have the watch in stock however puretime still hasn't.

Both are the same from Noob maker.

PeteM

Renowned Member
23/10/09

The where to buy isnt really an issue mate...as all the trusted dealers sell the same varitions/makers models...

Just because a description varies slightly its not a big issue...

The key is asking for the correct version and maker...

So if you prefer the Noob which is pretty recent release then you would ask the dealer. (Any dealer... so you can contact guys without sites on dealer section too) and ask for

The latest Noob 390.... that simple request will get you the current version..

Likewise you might prefer the H maker latest or thier V1...so again you ask...

The dealer will source you that....

I only say this for your future reference...because even if you dont know it yet you will buy more ;)

And going to other dealers may get these same watches cheaper than on the bigger dealer sites ..or you may prefer the firect communication that say someone like Sead or Ryan might give you rather than dealing with several people in the bigger sites

If you are ever unsure about any watch model version maker etc then contact the dealer and ask a specific question about it... that way you are covered if the QC pics differ...

If you ask us on these matters you have no recourse to the dealer you order from...

Also dealers shipping methods vary as do costs and also guarantees about replacing confiscated packages or damage etc..

The key is to find a dealer you trust and like to deal with...selecting the watch is easy if you know the maker and version :) as they do not vary in general terms,

So the quick answer to your question is

They is the same mate :) by virtue of the title.... however if there were versions/updates (which would generally be posted on here or other forums) thats when you need to double check

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
The where to buy isnt really an issue mate...as all the trusted dealers sell the same varitions/makers models...

Just because a description varies slightly its not a big issue...

The key is asking for the correct version and maker...

So if you prefer the Noob which is pretty recent release then you would ask the dealer. (Any dealer... so you can contact guys without sites on dealer section too) and ask for

The latest Noob 390.... that simple request will get you the current version..

Likewise you might prefer the H maker latest or thier V1...so again you ask...

The dealer will source you that....

I only say this for your future reference...because even if you dont know it yet you will buy more ;)

And going to other dealers may get these same watches cheaper than on the bigger dealer sites ..or you may prefer the firect communication that say someone like Sead or Ryan might give you rather than dealing with several people in the bigger sites

If you are ever unsure about any watch model version maker etc then contact the dealer and ask a specific question about it... that way you are covered if the QC pics differ...

If you ask us on these matters you have no recourse to the dealer you order from...

Also dealers shipping methods vary as do costs and also guarantees about replacing confiscated packages or damage etc..

The key is to find a dealer you trust and like to deal with...selecting the watch is easy if you know the maker and version :) as they do not vary in general terms,

So the quick answer to your question is

They is the same mate :) by virtue of the title.... however if there were versions/updates (which would generally be posted on here or other forums) thats when you need to double check

@carlton and @PeteM thanks a million for your advise guys, i appreciate it

anyway i have confirmation from Toro that they do have it in stock so I ordered it :thumbsup: and they just sent me QC just then :woot:

PeteM

Renowned Member
23/10/09
Congrats Tommy...look forward to the pics when it arrives...

Now you need to consider some strap options :) ;)

Now you wanna buy a gen dial for it ? :)

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Congrats Tommy...look forward to the pics when it arrives...

Now you need to consider some strap options :) ;)

Now you wanna buy a gen dial for it ? :)

I will upload more pics when it arrives here, cant wait :cheese:
For strap, I would prefer gen brown asso or croc leather, not sure yet :D:
but yes i would def want to get a gen dial but could u please advise me where to get best? thanks

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Congrats tommy for your purchase
You have got, most likely, the best versión available of this model

I see it is confrmed that Noob is already using "Slim" Crown. Great step from Noob !!

ALE

BTW: great post again from Pete. Thanks friend

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Congrats tommy for your purchase
You have got, most likely, the best versión available of this model

I see it is confrmed that Noob is already using "Slim" Crown. Great step from Noob !!

ALE

BTW: great post again from Pete. Thanks friend

Thanks for the comment ALE. im pretty much new to this rep environment and very much liking this forum, read it everyday and find it very interesting in modding the watches and etc. so please dont mind me if i ask noob questions :D: