• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A few more pics of the 2013 Noob-Mariner "prototype" Ceramic, and still Lovin' it!

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
I ground off very little. Probably about .3 mm from the OD.

BTW - Just received an email from the QC Dept of InTime! The date on the watch was set at lucky number 7 so I told them to send it! lol

Looks awesome - can't wait...

Jake, how much more for the package with the hands and bezel, just noticed them in your QC pics buddy???

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
man that pearl is dead on!

and that right there is how it's done....

I would like to compliment ABC123 for his to the point, gracious post with positive words. This guy posts a thread about how happy he is with his new BP Sub

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/bp-sub-c-149630

and in the true spirit of this hobby we all enjoy, he posts a positive comment to a thread about the watch that is arguably the arch rival for top Sub C to his own watch.

For the life of me I don't understand why people feel the need to immediately jump into another guys post and point out all the perceived micro "flaws" of a watch when someone is just trying to share their joy about a new purchase.

If you want to beat up a Rep and discuss all the "Flaws" you found, common courtesy would dictate, at the least, to start your own thread.

Nice job of sharing in the appreciation and joy most of us feel when getting a new watch ABC!!!!

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Can someone explain to me why you guys are buying this noob version, then swapping in BP parts? The BP case SEL fit is perfect. When I look at a Rolex, the 1st thing I look at is the SEL fit, because if there is a gap, its fake. You could load that new noob caseset with gen everything, and still it looks fake from a mile away. If the BP has a better bezel, better SEL, better hands, superlume, better rehaut engraving, thinner hour marker surrounds, etc. etc. etc... Why is this noob version still "the one"?

School me gentleman. I just don't get it. Look how good this BP is..

IMG_7134_zps44c5b894.jpg

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Have decided am keeping this one, "as is" to be honest. No BP parts ruining this Noob.

Its Rangers v Celtic, its City v United, its Green Bay v The Red Sox (am British, live with it)

I personally dont get BP. The finish is crap, IN MY OPINION, the lustre is missing IN MY OPINION, and to re-iterate your own posting, I dont understand the BP hype.
Its a personal choice.
And to use a phrase I use on a daily basis, to sum up the adding bits here and there, YOU CANT MAKE AN OMELETTE WITHOUT BREAKING A FEW EGGS.

But again, this is just my opinion.

brianmdas

Known Member
30/10/11
The BP case has the look but it's the the little details like the too fat crown guards and the the case lugs that made me sell mine. I do miss it though. Great watch for the money

CD88DCEC-DE4D-4153-822C-5C08862B66CA-3895-000001785F6C59B9_zpsc907619b.jpg

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Like I have been saying the bp sub passes the 'eye' test but upon closer inspection, the QC is hit or miss, every bp I have had I had to open it up, clean the messy lume, clean the water-marks off the hands, polish the rehualt, reset the clasp, epoxy around the pearl because the triangle is too deep and then re-paint said triangle.....finally when I was done I had Nice bp sub ony wrist but it was tedious and a mystery to me way their QC is so off. That said I love the noob feel and finish they are almost always so c

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
...the QC is hit or miss...

This is the answer to several things.
Why some BP Sub owners love their watches
Why people who are familiar with the Noob quality like the Noob over the BP Sub

Honestly, they both have tiny "Flaws" that for the most part shouldn't be deal breakers, but the odds of getting a much better Sub to work with are just better if you go with the Noob Sub.

...and a mystery to me way their QC is so off....

QC is off compared to who? A mystery to you?

A Gen watch is made in a real "Factory" with a hermetical environment that is held to a higher standard than the world's top neurosurgery room. Each step of assembly is done by a skilled master craftsman who has done his job professionally and with consistency for years. The watch is then put through a battery of QC test and inspections.

The Rep "Factory" where the final watch is assembled, after a whole host of no name couriers have delivered individual parts under the cover of darkness, is often a tiny single apartment room that is dimly lit from the glow of a circa 1970's television. The 'Watchsmith" who assembles your beloved Rep watch is probably a guy who's only chance at making a buck is to take a job in the underground illegal world of counterfeiting. As your watch is being assembled, the "Watchsmith" is probably puffing a hand rolled ciggy and eating a bowl of warm noodles at the same time.

As far as quality control and checks along the way of assembly, the pictures you get in the mail before the watch is sent to you is it.

Is it still a mystery to you?

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
i own a BP sub, and i like it, have had a few of their offerings, but I still think the QC is not as good compared to the noob factory, Just my observation, but I am still partial to owning a bp because i can fix a crooked marker, over filled lume etc....and at the same time appreciate my luck with noob factory QC. I understand the conditions that these reps are made and when QC is bad I shrug it off. I hope I didn't offended anyone, perhaps I should have choose my wording, for example 'mystery', with more thought as the respondent to my previous post successfully deconstructed the stupidity of using a word like 'mystery' to describe the QC of reps. My apologies.

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
i own a BP sub, and i like it, have had a few of their offerings, but I still think the QC is not as good compared to the noob factory, Just my observation, but I am still partial to owning a bp because i can fix a crooked marker, over filled lume etc....and at the same time appreciate my luck with noob factory QC. I understand the conditions that these reps are made and when QC is bad I shrug it off. I hope I didn't offended anyone, perhaps I should have choose my wording, for example 'mystery', with more thought as the respondent to my previous post successfully deconstructed the stupidity of usiI likng a word like 'mystery' to describe the QC of reps. My apologies.

hey Mike I like your style! No need to apologize. It's all in fun. Although there is absolute truth in what I wrote, it was done tongue in cheek.

Being a Rep though, I really don't expect it to have the same quality of a watch that sells for close to 30 times what the Rep costs. So like Al, I will probably just wear the Noob Sub C as is when I get it as it is a great watch in and of itself.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
I can remember when the best fakes you could get said rolax or foldex on them. So I say if everything is spelled correctly and have the right dimensions be happy that the agle of the Rehault is .001mm off from a gen. Way I see it is that's a 7000.00 discount for a gen can of green beans with a dent in it. Just my thoughts

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
This is the answer to several things.
Why some BP Sub owners love their watches
Why people who are familiar with the Noob quality like the Noob over the BP Sub

Honestly, they both have tiny "Flaws" that for the most part shouldn't be deal breakers, but the odds of getting a much better Sub to work with are just better if you go with the Noob Sub.

QC is off compared to who? A mystery to you?

A Gen watch is made in a real "Factory" with a hermetical environment that is held to a higher standard than the world's top neurosurgery room. Each step of assembly is done by a skilled master craftsman who has done his job professionally and with consistency for years. The watch is then put through a battery of QC test and inspections.

The Rep "Factory" where the final watch is assembled, after a whole host of no name couriers have delivered individual parts under the cover of darkness, is often a tiny single apartment room that is dimly lit from the glow of a circa 1970's television. The 'Watchsmith" who assembles your beloved Rep watch is probably a guy who's only chance at making a buck is to take a job in the underground illegal world of counterfeiting. As your watch is being assembled, the "Watchsmith" is probably puffing a hand rolled ciggy and eating a bowl of warm noodles at the same time.

As far as quality control and checks along the way of assembly, the pictures you get in the mail before the watch is sent to you is it.

Is it still a mystery to you?

haha, true enough.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Alfru have you already changed the hands??

No buddy, have decided to keep it just as is, the lume is perfectly balanced, and I dont want to send it away for re-lume if BP hands dont match the current markers. Only thing I may change is the bezel depending on V2 upgrades if it ever surfaces.

? Al FRU?

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
thats not a new bp as its nothing like mine,but i could be an old version,pearl bezel etc all different to bp sub c,braclet and crystal height is different to the bp ,probably be a noob with thin hour hand imo

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
OK - I have had my Noob Sub C for 4 days now. Here is my take -

Fit and finish - As close to a Gen as I have ever seen, especially the bracelet. Silky smooth excellent brushed finish, correct bright silver color. Case is near perfect on finish too.

Crown - Thiis a big one for me. Again, as close to Gen as can be. The surfaces between the teeth need to be polished with a dremel a little to get it perfect. The machined edges on the teeth are sharp, as per Gen. Most Reps, like the BP sub, have crowns with rounded edges and a rough finish between the teeth - screams fake and this is not something you can fix without replacing the crown and right now I have yet to find a gen crown for the new case as it is bigger than the old style 7mm crown.

Dial - held it up next to a Gen Nothing the naked eye would detect. Easily passes off as Gen in appearance. Yes, the metal hour marker rings are a nano measurement thicker than the Gen, but again, unless you are comparing 10x pictures or looking at it through a jewelers loupe, not worth obsessing over.

Hands - Yes the hour hand arm from the center to the circle is a little wider and shorter than the Gen, but again, not really that big of a deal, even when when compared side by side to the Gen.

Lume - Close to the Gen blue color, but not nearly as bright.

AR'd cyclops - Yes it has AR and it works well, but probably one of the most annoying flaws of this watch is that the cyclops has that dreaded blue tint to it under certain lighting conditions.

Bezel insert /pearl - I read all the reviews of the Noob vs BP Sub so when I purchased the watch I also bought a BP insert and BP hands - I wasted my money for sure. To the naked eye, side by side, the Noob insert is equal to the BP insert in correct tint of the black color and depth of the engravings. The pearl on the Noob gets it right, the pearl on the BP is off when compared to the Gen. In real person, both insets are a teeny off from the Gen, but not by much. Noob is the best.

How did it run? Better than any of my Gens... In four days it lost 1sec !!!!!!!!

Bottom line is that this is a great watch and I think it is too bad a vocal minority of people scared the manufacturer away from producing this watch by scrutinizing magnified pictures and complaining that what essentially amount to micro flaws which are undetectable by the naked eye need to be fixed. The fit, feel and finish of this watch are truly "Super Rep" in quality and this is where the watch excels.

If you are one to obsess over the micro flaws, this watch can easily be modded to near Rep perfection, but truthfully, I do"t see the point. It really is that good...