• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Factory to Close...?

Vintage_SG

Looking Around
11/2/13
Exchanged a few emails with Andrew (Trusty Time) because I was looking for a Noob Pam 217. Andrew tells me these are out of stock and the Noob factory is closing at the end of the year. Disappointing, but very quick replies from Andrew which I'm grateful for.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Guess i need to buy some v3.5 to have spare ones in case I get drunk a smash my wrist against something

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Yes, I've heard it too. Factory owner felt sudden shot of remorse, and gave away all his millions to the poor homeless children in China, and now he's begging Invicta to build their super gens.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Exchanged a few emails with Andrew (Trusty Time) because I was looking for a Noob Pam 217. Andrew tells me these are out of stock and the Noob factory is closing at the end of the year. Disappointing, but very quick replies from Andrew which I'm grateful for.

:rofl: Oh my, whatever will we do????? My friend, you've been had! This also why I do my best to avoid buying from Josh and Andrew unless they are the only option available. Brief history for noobs, Josh and Andrew (Perfect Time and Trusty) are probably the same guy or group of guys that operate one or more sites either directly or through exclusive supply agreements with other dealers. Since the Cartel does move a lot of product, they do have some influence on the high end rep market. They tried to leverage that influence to force other dealers to increase their prices. If a dealer didn't step in line on pricing the tried to pressure the makers and wholesalers to refuse sales or increase wholesale pricing to the recalcitrant dealers. That scheme backfired on them because most makers continued to sell either directly or through wholesalers at the usual prices despite the Cartel's threats. Since the group of people that we call "noob" was one of the makers that told the Cartel to f-ck off, there is some bad blood. The Cartel still sells some noob products, but they have been slowing finding or creating alternative sources for competive watches. When they find a reasonable substitute (in their opinion), they drop the noob version. Try finding a noob AP Diver 3.5 or explorer 2 on their sites. :) They are trying to push their substitute version from another maker instead.

It comes as no surprise that when you asked for a noob product they make up some BS and try to sell you are their superior substitute product from another maker. They know most of their customers have this image of Noob as a real factory that makes watches on an assembly line etc, so they tell you some crap like Noob is going to close at the end of the year. "Noob", noob factory etc are names us forum guys made up to describe a certain group of makers that source parts from various real factories and then hire a group of worker for a couple of dollars a day to work in some basement or office backroom to assemble the watches. There have probably been ten different "noobs" in the past 4 years and we wouldn't know a damn thing about it. This is an illegal business so it's not like we really know the players involved. As long as this forum is here, chances are there will always be a "noob". It's not like it's a trademarked brand. :)

Now, that said... noob products are very popular and they do run out of stock fairly quickly. They order components from various suppliers for each watch in relatively small batches and when they run out of one part, they are "out of stock" on that watch until they can get more supply on that part. It can be frustrating because on popular watches like the AP Diver 3.5, they sell out of they stock in a couple of days if you're lucky. Then you can wait a month or two until it's available again. It's the nature of the beast. It's frustrating for the TD's too, but that's pain that comes with success.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Back to the days of accepting this level of replication

10c3b7859267be6ba1a65286ad3b04b9.jpg

:hehehe:

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
" Hey guys, can you spot any flaws with your expert eyes ".......:rofl:

That's it I'm not post my Qc pics on here anymore, I'm away to fill in my own Hurt Feelings Report

3ABA6528-CC1A-4EA1-B8E2-52EF19E2A2D4-1627-0000010BCEEFC067.jpg

No More Noob, no more 1.1:hehehe:

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Noob factory closing down......!

:facepalm: Yup, closing down to make room for two more new factories. And when they do open, they will fly a red banner that says "GRAND OPENING" for two years in a row ! Have'nt we all heard this b.s. all before. Some one out "there" is trying to push sales. Does not smell good. I ain't biting.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
They are getting out of the watch business but will reopen and make cock jewlery. I also hear Beemer will be their spokes person. Its just a rumor though. :hehehe: