• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultimate Seadweller vs Genuine (PIC HEAVY)

TQDG

9/3/12
What is the quality like compared to the gen? I heard the bracelet feels really cheap and has sharp edges?
It's really not that bad at all. Is it on par with a gen bracelet, absolutely not. But also keep in mind that the gen had the older style bracelet and clasp, which typically is regarded as the function over form piece on older Rolex watches, but typically rather underwhelming compared to the rest of the watch.

I managed to lose the massive lume dollop that was in my pearl, so now I've got an empty pearl sitting in my bezel. That could be made to look a bit more gen., couldn't it?

cattlecattle

Horology Curious
20/11/12
the whole thing is excellent until the clasp part. other than that for the price no complain at all. good enough!

It's really not that bad at all. Is it on par with a gen bracelet, absolutely not. But also keep in mind that the gen had the older style bracelet and clasp, which typically is regarded as the function over form piece on older Rolex watches, but typically rather underwhelming compared to the rest of the watch.

I managed to lose the massive lume dollop that was in my pearl, so now I've got an empty pearl sitting in my bezel. That could be made to look a bit more gen., couldn't it?

awltoga

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/12
I've done worse to watches...

I purchased an "ultimate" seadweller from a TD here. The pearl was a bit more gen, but not exactly. It was not the blob as in this example. I started to pick out the pearl and got it all out, but the cup was left. I was then able to lift out the bezel insert as it was kept in via a rubbery glue so it was actually easy (scary). So I popped it out and replaced it with a pearl/cup that looks a bit more gen.
pearl1_zpsa64684a3.jpg
[/IMG]

gw4k

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/8/10
anyone have a lead on a new version of this rep? I want to re purchase one.