• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 1:1 Superlumed PO ceramic 8500 reps : CrPO

armybuck041

Known Member
27/1/13
I've noticed that nearly all of these CrPO Bezel inserts don't correctly line up with the 12 O'Clock.

Like an idiot with OCD, I bent the Bezel on my 42mm trying to pop it off in order to re-center the Bezel Insert. Worst part was, it popped off easily the first time, but the second time it bent. Tried to "un-bend" it, but no dice.

The Cartel informs me that there are no replacements available.... :(

If anyone knows of anything, please PM me.

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
I've noticed that nearly all of these CrPO Bezel inserts don't correctly line up with the 12 O'Clock.

Yea I had the 42mm and had this problem as well. It was ever so slight but I noticed it every time I checked the time. Ended up selling it as I couldn't get past it and a few other flaws. Was still an absolute beast of a rep and will probably buy another when it comes with an Asian movement.

DMS

Renowned Member
31/12/09

A little late for advice but I just loosened the movement crews and centered the dial, it was off centre by a few mm....now a really perfect alligned pearl with the markers.

armybuck041

Known Member
27/1/13
A little late for advice but I just loosened the movement crews and centered the dial, it was off centre by a few mm....now a really perfect alligned pearl with the markers.

I needed to do that as well :)

Mine actually did line up, but the problem was that both the movement rotation within the case was out along with the bezel. I'm convinced that all the factory did was turned the movement to line up with the Bezel. I'm not asking for sympathy from anyone here as its buyer beware, but this was after I pointed it out to the Cartel Seller when I got the QC pics. Despite mentioning it to him multiple times, he vehemently denied that they were out of alignment, and that it was just the way the pics turned out. Last time I fall for that one Josh.

REJMO

Horology Curious
2/2/13
Looking at some of these qc pics I see things that are off yet could slide bye, but holy crap on most the pearls are way off dont think I could ever wear it lookin like that screams replica. Wonder why centering the pearl in the triangle is so hard for them.

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
Same on submariners. Somehow they can copy 97% correctly but hand it to the blind guy with epilepsy to drill and place the pearl.
Use a TD with QC pictures and reject if it is off by more than a tiny amount. That is what I did and the second one was very close to center. The first was crap.

That

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/13
Just got my qc pics, im excited
4u8y8eve.jpg

And the wait begins

That

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/13
And another, maybe they really do use a blind person to install the pearl as some kind of twisted joke.

Pearl doesn't look bad, a bit low but it's still a rep

randychuah

Known Member
14/12/10
i just received my CrPO today and its Fumazing. then, i noticed the bezel, the markers are printed. Anyone have any idea if it will scratch easily? its matte and not glossy, hence i feel that it can be scrapped off easily?

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
I got back my 45mm CrPO after the double AR work (+ a waterproofing.. ;) ) !!! And the watch is really amazing now.
It changes the watch a LOT.

I'll post some pics later ;)

randychuah

Known Member
14/12/10
Superlume on the CrPO not as super as on the PAM292 :)

From Left : PAM292, CrPO 45.5, Gen Seiko 4R15

164448_10151802383494972_1287552403_n_zps3564f992.jpg

iPanerai

7/1/13
Is this offered with an asian clone movement? If so, how much is it? I've searched (although I havent looked through all 46 pages) and all I can see if that Sead has the swiss version for $299. Also, does this come in a 40mm or just 42 and 45.5?

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
Is this offered with an asian clone movement? If so, how much is it? I've searched (although I havent looked through all 46 pages) and all I can see if that Sead has the swiss version for $299. Also, does this come in a 40mm or just 42 and 45.5?

at this point in time, they are only available with Swiss movt and comes in 42 n 45.5 sizes. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the gen CrPOs does not have a 40mm size but a 37.5mm for ladies. one of the dealer mentioned the asian movt will be available in the later part of the year but no exact date is given.

on a sidenote, Angus from PT mentioned that noobfactory is working to update the rep community next week on updates for their Cr-POs as well.

mvyzfr1

25/11/12
My 45mm with orange bezel arrived today. First problem was with the movement. Rotor didn't turn. Opened it up and removed the rotor and found an extraneous screw underneath. Movement certainly does not look new, all the screw heads show damage. Now that the screw is gone is functioning but the rotor seems rather loud to me, probably needs lubrication.

AR is as it has been on all the 45mm versions of this rep, single sided and less than impressive.

Pearl on mine is high and not seated squarely. Lume overflows the edges.

Dial alignment seems to be just a bit off.

IMG_2518_zps027b6ffa.jpg

IMG_2521_zpsbf39f674.jpg

IMG_2526_zpscc9fe1d2.jpg

IMG_2523_zps024fa3a8.jpg

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
This might be a stupid question but why don't they make the CrPo without a display caseback? I know the gen has a display caseback.

mvyzfr1

25/11/12
Are you asking why they don't make the gen without display caseback, or why the rep factories don't?

If its the former, it's because Omega wants to showcase their in-house movement.

If its the latter it's because it's a rep, so they are trying to mimic the gen.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Are you asking why they don't make the gen without display caseback, or why the rep factories don't?

If its the former, it's because Omega wants to showcase their in-house movement.

If its the latter it's because it's a rep, so they are trying to mimic the gen.

Display case backs have got to be the best defence the big boys have against replication. The cost of accurately copying the appearance of a movement like the 8500 puts out of reach of the factories. Not that it bothers me in the slightest. Most plebs wouldn't know the difference between a Miyota and a Toyota!!!