• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

If the mountain won't come to Mohammed, Mohammed must go to the mountain?

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I'm profoundly of the view... You are being a dick to those trying to help you

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
I'm profoundly of the view... You are being a dick to those trying to help you

This is so much going to inspire Day 5 in the Reject's Journal...

The guy posted 3 threads so far, all of them asking the same questions.

Actlikeanass.gif

Hazel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/12
Okay, i ve read through all my posts again, but i still dont understand the excitement in its entirety.

My first thread was probably a typical uninformed one written by a newbie. But i had appologized for that.

My second thread was simply motivated by the fact that i had seen some almost perfect (for me) QUARTZ replicas in the past, but wasnt able to find one at that time. And considering the given rwg-link my wish list wasnt too ambitious at all.

My third thread mainly consisted of the question if it wouldnt be perhaps possible to exert some kind of influence on the manufacturers through the dealers by some sort of petition.

I can very well imagine that you are sometimes bothered by always the same beginner questions arising again and again. But why not simply a new sticky up-to-date collective thread like 'The CURRENT best Speedmaster Professional Replicas' where everyone can post his RECENT findings?

And finally, i do appreciate your help very much (including yours, markh, although you should perhaps be more careful about using '...'s after the word 'insanity'). But perhaps you should also remind yourselves from time to time of how this forum in general and the replies to my posts in particular appear to a complete beginner like me.

With best regards,

Hazel

Hazel

Banned
1/10/12
Back to the basics

What i ve understood so far is that correct sub-dials are definitely not possible by using the current available hand-wound movements. But what about automatic movements? I just ask because i saw the following automatic rep on watcheden.net apparently having correctly positioned sub-dials

http://www.watcheden.net/omega-spee...-carbon-fibre-style-dial-s-s-i-80351-p-1.html

Are the sub-dials correctly arranged, but simply not fully working?

And just another question regarding the quartz versions. Are sweeping seconds possible at all using a quartz movement?

Best regards,

Hazel

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oh for Christ's sake :frusty:
You just don't want to take no for an answer do you?

1/ The watch you linked to is $108 bucks, that means it's a 21j so yes, faux subdials. In fact it says so:
Watch function:Fully Functional Day-Month-Military time dials

2/ It isn't even a moonie, it's a Speedmaster Reduced which is an automatic watch with date, smaller in size and using a different MVT in the gen. A fact you would know by now if you bother to do some reading instead of asking the same question over and over again.

Are sweeping seconds possible at all using a quartz movement?
Yes, but not in a rep and AFIK not in a chronograph.

Now, once and for all before people begin to get really annoyed I'll try in big, red letters:

[BLINK]THERE IS NO GOOD REP OF THE SPEEDIE MOONWATCH - GO BUY THE DAMN GEN![/BLINK]

Hazel

Banned
1/10/12
Okay, you seem to have zeroed in on me. That s no fun at all anymore. Please delete my account.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Buddy you have opened three threads with basically the same question, and many members answered your questions trying to help you. Some even in the three of them...

Then, when you got your answers, you go and open a new thread with the same questions again!

You may not get it, but for some people, including myself, this is kind of annoying.

Ok you are new here and we understand it, but again.......

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Physicists . . .

If you ever get LHC time how many times are you going to fire some poor particle around the doughnut before you realise you won't always get the answer you want?

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
He asked nicely to be deleted... We should help the guy out one last time!

Hazel

Banned
1/10/12
Well, it s just too funny to left it unsaid. Yes, i was part of the ATLAS team when discovering the Higgs and yes, we have had to repeat basically the same experiment for ten years to find it.

But now, seriously, please delete my account.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
:D :picard:

Hazel, the Einstein comment about the definition of insanity has nothing to do with Theoretical Physics as far as I can see, I really don't care if it does, it doesn't even appear to be a real definition. If anything it seems to be a humorous comment from him taken out of context, he did have a sense of humour after all. In fact I'm not even sure if he quoted it but it was meant as tongue in cheek humour for opening up threads and asking again and again about a better moonwatch rep, when clearly one doesn't exist.

You have to understand that the search function doesn't get enough use on these forums at times and all the answers are in there somewhere. It just requires a little effort. People are more than willing to help, but that dries up
when you don't put some of your own effort in.
Here is a list of basically all the movements available for reps:
http://www.tractionink.com/watch_wiki/index.php?title=Tianjin_Seagull
that was from a 5 second google query. Now if one of them would fit the subdials it would be great, but it doesn't, so here we are!

TB, yeah I don't know where t4d came out of, I think I meant to put another dealer there. I imagine how Robert would've handled him. :)

Definition of insanity...

+1 lol.

Wasn't my comment. Was just clarifying for you what Einstein said... Thanks for playing though.

I'm done.

Can't say I blame you mark! :)

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hazel said:
Do you really think that anybody gives a damn about you being speechless or not?

To anyone who was friendly and helpful: "Thank you very much!".

To anyone else:

http://api.ning.com/files/aZrzmbpuGb...09929782_f.jpg

You are punished enough with being yourselves.

Wtf? Who do you think you are? Not even my parents nor friends talk to me like this. Hazel bugger off/sod off, man. Go and do some research you lazy c***..

Sorry for any admin or moderator reading this, sorry for any vulgar words as i can't tolerate him as he offended me.

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
Physicists . . .

If you ever get LHC time how many times are you going to fire some poor particle around the doughnut before you realise you won't always get the answer you want?

:rofl:

More more