• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

selfmade frog skin and baseball glove strap, please coment (lot of pics)

Cabobimmer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/8/12
Hi all

here is my frog skin strap, I need your honest opinion, thanks this is the best experience I have ever had with a rep and so much fun with panerai and strapmaking. :cheers:

rana1_zpsd5a515d3.jpeg

rana2_zps505569b1.jpeg

rana3_zpsc73f1baa.jpeg

rana4_zpsfc91d35f.jpeg

rana5_zps04205340.jpeg

rana6_zps8c0b85db.jpeg

rana7_zps45994237.jpeg

rana8_zpsc9976509.jpeg

rana9_zps239f0bde.jpeg

base7_zps0487edff.jpeg

base8_zpsa78f38ae.jpeg

base9_zps79af34a8.jpeg

base10_zps84d7c197.jpeg

base1_zpsaea6cc21.jpeg

base2_zpse5b23c23.jpeg

base3_zps1b356b26.jpeg

base4_zps08fe9aad.jpeg

base5_zps85ef53c9.jpeg

base6_zpsf5d066b1.jpeg

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
They look good, and with every strap you make you'll get better.

Your black coating for buckle holes looks like possibly not the right product. It's bleeding into the leather a bit.

hzardous

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/12
Your straps looks very nice! Do you have experience in making straps before?

Cabobimmer

20/8/12
Your straps looks very nice! Do you have experience in making straps before?

not really, these are actually my 6th and 7th :) but I am really pasionate and want to master doing them on my spare time.

thanks for considering my job experienced, that motivates a lot!

Cabobimmer

20/8/12
They look good, and with every strap you make you'll get better.

Your black coating for buckle holes looks like possibly not the right product. It's bleeding into the leather a bit.

thanks for your comments :) and please forgive my ignorance... but what is the black coating for the buckle holes? thanks!!!

EDIT: LOL sorry I didnt understand at first reading, and yes you are right, also the frog skin absorbs inmediatelly the dye, when I realized I made the bleeding on purpose to give some darkening around the buckle hole and the middle holes on the large strap, but they might not look good? thank you for you honest opinion, without them I will never improve. :lol:

Cabobimmer

20/8/12
Id buy that frog one now if youre selling it.

Thank you so much for your interest, that means that the lookof the straps are accepted, I will love to sell it but I cant post here to sell if I understood the rules, so far I have been ordering many different materials in small quantities to test them all and gain more experience But JUST to make my straps.

:cheers:

kirbYbuffe43

14/9/12
Thank you so much for your interest, that means that the lookof the straps are accepted, I will love to sell it but I am not supposed to post here possible sells if I understood the rules LOL, I will post straps for sale very very soon, so far I have been ordered many different materials in small quantities to test them all and gain more experience.I also dont have any buckles and I want to stamp my sign on every strap and invest in decent packaging. I am waiting for some ammo puches and exotic leathers and those I will sell them without buckles for now.

:cheers:

Ok! But i got dibs on those frogskins:)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
First and only WARNING !!!!

Hi all

here is my frog skin strap, I want to sell straps in the near future so I need your honest opinion, thanks this is the best experience I have ever had with a rep and so much fun with panerai and strapmaking.

Id buy that frog one now if youre selling it.

Thank you so much for your interest, that means that the lookof the straps are accepted, I will love to sell it but I am not supposed to post here possible sells if I understood the rules LOL, I will post straps for sale very very soon, so far I have been ordered many different materials in small quantities to test them all and gain more experience.I also dont have any buckles and I want to stamp my sign on every strap and invest in decent packaging. I am waiting for some ammo puches and exotic leathers and those I will sell them without buckles for now.

Hi Cabobimmer
With some improvements your straps will look very good.

BUT BE CAREFUL. I see you know the rules.
You would need to be a RWI Trusted strapmaker.
Otherwise: You cannot use this forum to sell your straps !!!

Therefore, stop saying that you will post strap for sale or trying to sell them. Otherwise your will get a hard infraction or you could even be banned.

PM sent

ALE

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Hi Cabobimmer
With some improvements your straps will look very good.

BUT BE CAREFUL. I see you know the rules.
You would need to be a RWI Trusted strapmaker.
Otherwise: You cannot use this forum to sell your straps !!!

Therefore, stop saying that you will post strap for sale or trying to sell them. Otherwise your will get a hard infraction or you could even be banned.

PM sent

ALE

Ale, I guess there are lots of strapmakers who are not trusted, but still selling some of their stuff here (Bronzy, Ricardmg etc...).

The guy seems to me pretty nice and polite, let's give him some support ;-)

edit: selling your ready made straps according to standard sales rules is allowed, right? :unsure:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale, I guess there are lots of strapmakers who are not trusted, but still selling some of their stuff here (Bronzy, Ricardmg etc...).

The guy seems to me pretty nice and polite, let's give him some support ;-)

edit: selling your ready made straps according to standard sales rules is allowed, right? :unsure:

Hi karesz
Nice to see you again. I was really worried about you. I was bordering to PM you !!

Yes, Cabobimmer really seems a nice, polite and excited guy, I agree.
But the rules are the rules.
As you know I'm always willling to help all people and I don't like this position. But I should not allow backdoor sales.
Let's see the opinion of other Staff members

ALE

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Well anyone can make and sell a strap, or a watch or a dial or anything and sell it in the sales section. The only time it gets a bit more serious is if you start having sales threads with multiple straps very very often. At that point a discussion would normally had and you would be asked to either at least become VIP (step 1) or limit your sales or even make the jump to a trusted strap dealer.

There are however quite a few guys, as said above, who make and take on custom jobs for members without being Trusted Dealers but with the blessing of the admin.

Backdoor sales through non sales threads is of course not acceptable.

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
The straps section is for finished straps.. taking custom orders is only for Trusted Dealers, otherwise is a big No,NO..

cabobimmer keep working, experimenting & learning..

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The straps section is for finished straps.. taking custom orders is only for Trusted Dealers, otherwise is a big No,NO..

cabobimmer keep working, experimenting & learning..

+1

jertown

9/10/12
Hi all

here is my frog skin strap, I want to sell straps in the near future so I need your honest opinion, thanks this is the best experience I have ever had with a rep and so much fun with panerai and strapmaking. :cheers:

Very cool! I love the baseball glove/rawlings idea. Quite creative and nicely executed!