• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC NCD- worth buy ?

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
Hi Guys ...new to this watch but like the look .. been offered $488.00 by a TD for a JLC NCD with a SW200 movement ... worth buy ?

read some reviews with mixed feelings ..

is the bezel really so sharp it cuts ? is the crown very plasticky ?

i dont like the orignal rubber bracelet .. it is worth anything if i were to sell it when i get the watch

thx in advance for any inputs ...

regards
lz

notsobreit

16/9/10
not to be a dick... but 14 of the next 18 threads are on this watch... gotta be some good info in there no ??

(I dont like the looks of the bracelet either)

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
not to be a dick... but 14 of the next 18 threads are on this watch... gotta be some good info in there no ??

(I dont like the looks of the bracelet either)

some info but mixed ... just needed some updated ones ... cos it is around the price of a ap v3 diver with a sw200 cant decide if to jump into it ...

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If I had to pick between the two, diego with the JLC. But it depends on which appeals to you more. They each have very different looks.

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
ok .. thx bmw760 ... i had the ap v3 diver but the rubber that came with the watch is too long for my 6.5 inch wrist ... never got down a shorter strap and sold it off .. kinda regret it now . .should have gotten a shorter strap to put the ap diver on ... well now i am the junction again ... which one .. should i buy back a AP V3 diver and find a short straps or try something new ... i like both the design .. merit on each ... decision decision decision ..

regards
lz

D

d4m.test

I like and wear my jlc more than my ap diver. However, I think the ap diver looks better and more expensive. How confusing is that?

Yes, the crown is plasticky, but people that have handled the gen say it is accurate. I do find the bezel a little sharp, but I think it's more of a scratcher than a cutter.

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
lol ...... seems like i know what i want now .. thx raji ..

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
Raji ... you reckon the edges of the bezel can be smoothen off with some elbow grease and sandpaper ?

gw4k

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/8/10
Sold my Sellita ap diver and kept the JLC

For smaller wrists or rolex fans the JLC is perfect.

Plus you can experiment with straps!

14B5B80C-F225-4DC9-8159-20A91E0FF51F-4817-000004183AC6B7FE_zps19bc6358.jpg

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
Sold my Sellita ap diver and kept the JLC

For smaller wrists or rolex fans the JLC is perfect.

Plus you can experiment with straps!

yup .. was thinking of that as AP strap cost more ... rep JLC lume are not too bad right ? nice pic . thx

gw4k

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/8/10
yup .. was thinking of that as AP strap cost more ... rep JLC lume are not too bad right ?

It has great Lume! Also, it is the more accurate rep than the two. The diver bezel Lume is thinner than the gen and the blue tint.

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
It has great Lume! Also, it is the more accurate rep than the two. The diver bezel Lume is thinner than the gen and the blue tint.

i know where i going now .. :) ... thx mate ...

regards
lz

D

d4m.test

Raji ... you reckon the edges of the bezel can be smoothen off with some elbow grease and sandpaper ?

I wouldn't. The bezel is sharp because the teeth are perfect rectangles from the side and above. Smoothing it out would change the shape.

donerix

I'm Pretty Popular
9/2/09
Nicaragua
You won't regret the JLC. It's one of my favorite daily wearers:

Looks good on a variety of straps:

JLC-BLS1-3.jpg

JLC7-3.jpg

And it's water-proof:

JLC-Shark2-4_zpsfb752192.jpg

It wears a bit smaller than the AP Diver (7"wrist):

JLC1-4.jpg