• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob, Hope I get my watch! 1st rep

89t7m

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/11/10
Hello all

Just found this site (RWI) after placing an order with dearwatches.com and found out they are on your scam list. I ordered a U-boat rep on 11-16-10. Will dearwatches send me a cheap watch or just not send anyting at all. Is there any thing I can do if they dont send me a watch?

Thanks

Mike

cizlac

1/11/10
and if u cant find anything post a wanted ad in the listing at the bottom of the forum

Epimetheus

I'm Pretty Popular
24/10/10
Hello all

Just found this site (RWI) after placing an order with dearwatches.com and found out they are on your scam list. I ordered a U-boat rep on 11-16-10. Will dearwatches send me a cheap watch or just not send anyting at all. Is there any thing I can do if they dont send me a watch?

Thanks

Mike

Did you use your credit card?
Call your credit card company and try to stop the transaction immediately.
I did that when I placed my first order and found out that it was a scam site.
It worked for me.

The fun part of the story is that the scammers that tried to sell me the greatly over priced cheap 21J watches with Canal Street quality did in fact send me the watches anyway, without getting any money. :biglaugh:
I guess you can say that the scammers got scammed!

Epimetheus

I'm Pretty Popular
24/10/10
I used paypal.

Hmmm... I think there´s some kind of insurance with PayPal that gives you the possibility to get your money back in case of a scam.

I´m not sure, though. Maybe somebody else can tell exactly how this works?

89t7m

19/11/10
UPDATE

Well after hearing from you guy's I was going to call PayPal to try and cancel my payment to dearwatches.com ,but I emailed(11-21-10) dearwatches.com first and asked about my order and they said it would be shipping next week. So I decided wait and see what happened. While waiting and not sure if I was going to get my watch, I ordered a watch from an RWI trusted dealer Lay @ ReplicaMake.com, and this morning(11-25-10) to my surprise dearwatches.com sent me an email saying the watch shipped and gave me a tracking #! So Know I am waiting for Two Watches, good thing I ordered differnt watches both U Boat. Will post pics when they get here.

Epimetheus

I'm Pretty Popular
24/10/10
UPDATE

Well after hearing from you guy's I was going to call PayPal to try and cancel my payment to dearwatches.com ,but I emailed(11-21-10) dearwatches.com first and asked about my order and they said it would be shipping next week. So I decided wait and see what happened. While waiting and not sure if I was going to get my watch, I ordered a watch from an RWI trusted dealer Lay @ ReplicaMake.com, and this morning(11-25-10) to my surprise dearwatches.com sent me an email saying the watch shipped and gave me a tracking #! So Know I am waiting for Two Watches, good thing I ordered differnt watches both U Boat. Will post pics when they get here.

Now that´s a great ending! :)

89t7m

19/11/10
UPDATE

Got watch for dearwatches and you guy were right watch I recived was not like in pic on website. Reciced cheaper version of watch. dearwatches.com = SCAM!!! Will be posting pic in a few hours (wife has camera with here not home at moment).

89t7m

19/11/10
PICS

SANY0073.jpg

SANY0072.jpg

Anyone know how to change the month one this watch?

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Sad to hear you got ripped off mate, but welcome to our forum and there are tons of info here to guide you right :)