• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 111 N V3 fooled Panerai representative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
I think some of you are taking this way out of context. He didn't break forum rules first off. He showed his watch to a friend and he wanted to see if he could tell if its a rep or not. I completely get it. He didn't go out of his way to show the watch on the/a forum as a gen.
Like Tommy boy said; Half the time AD's don't know what the hell they're looking at in the first place. It's like talking to a employee of Best Buy about TV or computer specs, 90% of the time you give the "deer in headlights" look.

My dad's good friend works for Tourneau in South coast. We have a card game once a month and we are constantly comparing watches. Half the stuff he see's he thinks is real (and some of it is) but I don't go out of my way to say some of them are reps, if he asks I'll tell him, but he never asks.......So who cares?

Mods and senior members care........that's who........the one's who you inferred to as "wanks" in the CB.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
From our constitution:

4) No stories about reps to AD's, if you do it, we don't want to hear about it. We do not encourage these types of activities.

H) We expect all members to treat each other with courtesy, respect, and honesty.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Lol, let's keep all our secrets here on our secret forum that anyone can visit or become a member of. When i got interested in replicas i used google and found this forum, it took me about ten minutes before i was reading all this "secret" replica stuff.

Yes it would be nice if this was more underground, but be realistic; it isnt.

Hi focal
You are new in this forum, therefore don't start a bad way just at the beginning.
Of course, this Hobby and this replica industry are not secret, but we must have no imprudent and careless behavior about this activities.

ALE

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Hi focal
You are new in this forum, therefore don't start a bad way just at the beginning.
Of course, this Hobby and this replica industry are not secret, but we must have no imprudent and careless behavior about this activities.

ALE

Next time, just don't tell us. Keep it to yourself OP, and read the Constitution well.

Over and out :):popcorn:

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Hamptons28

21/8/12
My bad everyone, i apologize for this thread. I was unaware of the constitution and have now read it. I will never share anything like this again. I figured there was some comedic value in this - but obviously i was wrong. Thanks and sorry,

hamptons

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Mentioned to a long time friend of mine that is into watches and always admired my watches that mine were reps
He is active on a few gen forums and uses taptalk
He is interested in learning more about reps now
So tonite I took his phone and seatched key word "watch" in tapatalk
4 or the 6 that come up are the replica forums
Long story short, we are fooling our selves if we don't believe the gen makers are not following these forums and keep up to date with the rep industry
This hobby us no longer underground, it has become mainstream

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Long story short, we are fooling our selves if we don't believe the gen makers are not following these forums and keep up to date with the rep industry
This hobby us no longer underground, it has become mainstream

That is not the point. Of course "they know" abou us. Would you like "them" to think of us as a-hole rep owners or just watch loving rep owners. I'd prefer the latter.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
It's impossible to expect this hobby of ours to stay discreet. With our numbers, multiplied by friends and acquaintances who've seen and sometimes we've told about, it's hard to stay under the radar. However, as Q5 mentioned (and that is the point of that specific rule), we know that they know, but we don't want to be a-holes and rub it into the gen manufacturers' faces.

Just because you know the bull is there and the bull isn't doing anything to you at the moment, doesn't mean you can just go and mess with it (and suffer the consequences as stated by the infamous figure of speech). That is just not done.

@Hamptons, glad to see you've finally gotten to read the constitution of the society you've decided to be a part of. I hope you just enjoy your friend showing off his exclusive (only 100 is going to be made) PAM 468 South Beach Edition (to celebrate the opening of its "Bal Harbor" boutique), he must be pretty up there to get something that was just announced last month.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Well, it took him until page 9 of the thread to read the constitution, but at least he did it.

I think that the emphasis on the blame is subtly misplaced here. If you want to brag about your watch to a close family friend, it's your business. If you want to come out on RWI, open your fly, and brag about it to the world, then it's everyone's business, and we reserve the right to tell you what we think of it.

If I were you, I'd zip it back up.

What's nice about this thread is that it looks like at least seventy percent of the membership has some clue what the constitution says. :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
What's nice about this thread is that it looks like at least seventy percent of the membership has some clue what the constitution says. :)

I agree

But, what's sad of this thread is that it looks there are some members who are willing to defend breaking the rules or being on a imprudent behavior.

ALE

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yeah lets keep this underground stuff quiet....

follow us on twitter...

https://twitter.com/replica_watch

Brad, ever seen a pic of a rep Pam on our Twitter feed? No, you haven't.

It's got nothing to do with "secret" folks, it does however have a lot to do with not rubbing noses in it. It's like parking a kit car Lambo on the Lambo dealer's forecourt, just not something a polite person would do.

jacobarch

16/5/12
Mods and senior members care........that's who........the one's who you inferred to as "wanks" in the CB.

wow way to twist my words.......

my words were some members on here hold their opinion in too high regard, people who think their opinion is law, are wanks.
I went out of my way to underline key words so you can comprehend what I'm saying. So please next time don't misconstrue what I say. Good day.

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Lets just all play nice, and abide by the rules that have been made by those who sacrifice much for our bloody awesome hobby. Read the constitution and man up when you were wrong.

Hampton, glad you have come around.

This place is far too fun to get yourself banned and hated.

Sent from my DROIDX

waterluver

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/7/11
Lets just all play nice, and abide by the rules that have been made by those who sacrifice much for our bloody awesome hobby. Read the constitution and man up when you were wrong.

Hampton, glad you have come around.

This place is far too fun to get yourself banned and hated.

Sent from my DROIDX

+1

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
+1

Please guys try to keep the manners

Some of you are behaving inappropriately and this is worse than the behavior of O.P.

Hamptons was on an imprudent and careless behavior and then he got just a little temporal infraction. But he is considered in the same way than other members here, of course !

That's all, everything is clear now.
Therefore, please stop this useless discussion

In this way we will have to close the thread.
ALE

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
wow way to twist my words.......

my words were some members on here hold their opinion in too high regard, people who think their opinion is law, are wanks.
I went out of my way to underline key words so you can comprehend what I'm saying. So please next time don't misconstrue what I say. Good day.

No twisting of words were required........

capturejw.png

........in your opinion........anyone who didn't agree with hamptons actions hold their opinions in too high regard........are wanks and that he shouldn't listen to them.

These are not "opinions"........they are very well known written and unwritten rules of this forum........it would appear that hamptons now understands........do you???........Or do you still fall into this category???........

But, what's sad of this thread is that it looks there are some members who are willing to defend breaking the rules or being on a imprudent behavior.

ALE

This is my last word on the subject as I do not wish to start a shitfight in ALES PAMS section........If you wish to continue it I suggest you take it elsewhere.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Look, guys.
The OP finally apologized. He clearly did a crazy thing, and he knows that now.
No need for anyone to back him up.
I'm sure that somewhere at panerai's company domecile in italy, they have everything from a 2005 crap china 111 to the current 111 noob. Ofcourse they know what is going on. However that is besides the point.
We have to keep some level of discretion. I know that anyone that actively seeks This Info Can get it, but if that means that we should All just stop thinking about when and where we flash our reps, and even worse, who we tell about it, then we wiill just accellerate the forces that work against our hobby.
Now, we don't want that, do we?

jacobarch

16/5/12
No twisting of words were required........

capturejw.png

........in your opinion........anyone who didn't agree with hamptons actions hold their opinions in too high regard........are wanks and that he shouldn't listen to them.

These are not "opinions"........they are very well known written and unwritten rules of this forum........it would appear that hamptons now understands........do you???........Or do you still fall into this category???........

This is my last word on the subject as I do not wish to start a shitfight in ALES PAMS section........If you wish to continue it I suggest you take it elsewhere.

Steelfish you obviously can't read or have a hard time comprehending English. if half of the people disagree the leaves 50%, I said, half of them hold their own opinion in too high regard and they're that wanks. So really it just leaves you mate.
You sitting there saying that I'm calling out mods? What a ..........

Anyways, I'm also done with this topic. Sorry to the mods, it just pisses me off he would say that im calling mods wanks.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Look, guys.
The OP finally apologized. He clearly did a crazy thing, and he knows that now.
No need for anyone to back him up.
I'm sure that somewhere at panerai's company domecile in italy, they have everything from a 2005 crap china 111 to the current 111 noob. Ofcourse they know what is going on. However that is besides the point.
We have to keep some level of discretion. I know that anyone that actively seeks This Info Can get it, but if that means that we should All just stop thinking about when and where we flash our reps, and even worse, who we tell about it, then we wiill just accellerate the forces that work against our hobby.
Now, we don't want that, do we?

Can't agree more

Last warning
PLEASE STOP !!

ALE

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
The OP apologized, which is great. He read the constitution, even better. Let's leave it at that. Oh and Ale? I agree with all what you've said. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.