• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So I'm scanning through the channels and happen upon ShopNBC...

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
...and they're talking about INVICTA watches. Out of curiosity, I set and watch it for a bit. They show a few ghey looking watches, then I see the Invicta Men's Lupah Revolution. Big watch. Too manly for the fella who's modeling watches with his short, polished finger nails.

616-766.jpg

One of the first things I look for is whether Invicta took the time to make sure that the hands were properly in alignment. I'm not a fan of quartz watches for the most part, but when a factory can't even get the hands to line up so the second hand doesn't land in between the hash marks, I want nothing to do with it.

Watching the misaligned hands, and the second hand tick around the face waiting to see if the minute hand is in sync, something totally bizarre happens: as the sub-second hand hits 45, the minute hand actually goes backwards one tick.

Did my eyes deceive me???? Nope, they keep cutting back to the same loop of the watch doing the same thing over and over and over again.

:picard:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Oh come on. That's the oldest trick in the book. Even Rolex does it.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Video....

[AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jap0o2upbVI&feature[/AME]

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
"Blind as a Bat"

Tim Temple is convinced that his oversized brain caused his eyes to shoot craps .....

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
It is not the minute hand going back on the watch, just the clip going on a loop.

Would have been fun though

:D

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
It is not the minute hand going back on the watch, just the clip going on a loop.

Would have been fun though

:D

Argh. It's going on a loop because I edited the over half-hour video to show it happening over and over again, in case someone didn't catch it the first time.

Subdial second hand hits 45, minute hand jumps backwards.

:picard:

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
Noooo way the video before you looped it was looped?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
They always loop the close-up shots of the watches.
I have 2 Lupahs - I actually really like them a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/12
I find this thread kind of funny. I have an invicta 2770 that i wear almodt daily and have done so for about a year and a half. Its a good looking chrono, very comfy, has worn well, keeps very good time and i have never had any water resistant issues. I paid $94 sjopped for the watch.

Now... many people on her spend easily 4x that amount for a knock off of a much more expensive brand. I think its fair to say thay many get the watches serviced to keep a more accurate time, often send the watches out to get relumed and made actual waterproof due to them not being water resistant like claimed from the factories, many models hands dont line up, etc. So these watches at 2-5 times the cost of an invicta is no better in qualoty or the knock off, yet everyone bashes them.

Im sure ill get bashed from this post but at under $100, this watch is the best bang for the buck thay i have ever gotten from a watch.

Royster629

5/1/11
^^^ No bashing here... they are what they are and decent watches for the price. Some styles are better than others and some of the pre 2008 models (especially back to 2000-2003) are very nicely made watches. And, yes, ShopNBC ALWAYS loops the video so the watch was functioning correctly (an will if purchased) just jumping back due to the looped video. Watch any other video on ShopNBC.com or on TV and it will do the same.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I may have mus-interpreted the looped video. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Invicta does have some interesting and creative watches though. The had made a reference to the Zeus but didn't show it. Here's what I'm referring to:

New Invicta Reserve Bolt (Zeus)
A screw down crown and two function pushers exist on the east side of the case and coordinate in color with the cable wire accents. A Swiss Ronda 5040.D Quartz Chronograph movement delivers accurate time and reliable precision.
The round black mother-of pearl dial displays silver-tone trimmed luminous Tritnite dot index markers at all hour positions around the outer edge. A seconds subdial appears near 2:00 with a 1/10 second subdial above 6:00 and 30 minute subdial near 10:00. The Invicta Reserve name shows up below 12:00 while a date window exists next to 4:00. Tritnite accented hour and minute hands and a solid Tritnite chronograph hand decorated with the Reserve logo deliver the time.
A monstrous 35mm wide silver-tone stainless steel bracelet outfitted with an Invicta logo embossed deployant clasp tapers to 26mm and secures confidently to your wrist.

• Bracelet: Stainless Steel
  • Movement: Swiss Ronda 5040.D Quartz Chronograph
  • Crystal: Flame Fusion
  • Crown: Screw Down w/ Function Pushers
  • Clasp: Deployant
  • Bracelet Measurements: 8-1/2" L x 35mm W
  • Case Measurements: 51mm
  • Case Thickness: 21.5mm
  • Water Resistance: 20 ATM - 200 meters - 660 feet
  • Model Numbers: 0821

sam-2535.jpg

• Unidirectional Rotating Bezel
  • Gorgeous Black Mother-of-Pearl Dial

sam-2537.jpg

• intricate bracelet architecture found only in the Zeus Series

sam-2527.jpg

• backed by Invicta 5 year warranty

sam-2536.jpg

There was another I was interested in but can't remember the name of it. Great design, but HUGE fail when it came to the links, especially because it used pins instead of screws.

fpharryc

Known Member
11/4/12
Watched this channel yesterday. They have come up with a Android name brand. Looks heavy duty! This Mickey mouse is something!

D

d4m.test

No, my friend, you're not hallucinating; they've done that with their display watches: the ticking seconds hand doesn't make it all the way around the dial; it'll go about half way then snap back to the "12" position. Seems normal with Invictas.

dave

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
Im sure ill get bashed from this post but at under $100, this watch is the best bang for the buck thay i have ever gotten from a watch.

You should shop around better! My best bang for the buck was a Casio digital. Super accurate, comfortable, alarm and chronograph functions, and it cost like $20.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
You should shop around better! My best bang for the buck was a Casio digital. Super accurate, comfortable, alarm and chronograph functions, and it cost like $20.

Probably won't see too many t-shirts like this though...

WomensAAT-shirt.jpg

:lol:

CoolRob

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/10
Invicta does have some interesting and creative watches though. The had made a reference to the Zeus but didn't show it. Here's what I'm referring to:
I think the same. I got to try some of them and I like them very much except the Lupah :lol:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I have and have had some of the best Invictas ever made. So whats going on with them latley?? Well not much, them seem very focused on the strange and biggest watch they think up and that doesn't attract me.

The one watch that has been improved is thier 8926C as well as others in the same line of ProDivers and I'm sure your saying how could they improve it??

A while back Invicta began replacing the Miyota with a Seiko NH25A, its was a small improvment really and I wasn't that impressed with it. But recently their using a Seiko NH35A which has a 23J movement, can be handwound, it hacks (a huge improvement), and has no studder of the second hand. I really like this movement alot, it works perfect in the watch, looks great, and functions very well. The rest of the watch remains exactly the same (as it should). If you ever liked the 8926C with the Miyota you gonna want one with the NH35A, its really that good. Infact its so good there no reason to even consider the 9937C model anymore, unless you have to have the sel, which I do perfer but when compared in price the choice is easy.:sub4me: