• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Even Gens are Imperfect

ZakSgp

1/1/12
@HoneyBear Rolex guaranties that all there watch are flawless if there were not no one would buy them.

---
I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.980616,-81.311973"]Google Maps[/ame]

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
@HoneyBear Rolex guaranties that all there watch are flawless if there were not no one would buy them.

Really? I don't think so. Rolex makes an excellent watch, but if you think they're all flawless, then, with respect, you are wrong.

People buy Rolexes because it is a status symbol that is recognizable by the vast majority of people, not because it is flawless.

ZakSgp

1/1/12
@HoneyBear Rolex are almost always flawless some have flaws because each one I hand made it's like no two snowflakes/fingerprints are the same

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
@HoneyBear Rolex are almost always flawless some have flaws because each one I hand made it's like no two snowflakes/fingerprints are the same

How can almost every Rolex be flawless if at the same time no two are the same? Also, Rolexes are most certainly not hand-made, they're hand assembled and maybe minimally hand finished.

Look, clearly you are a big fan of Rolexes, as evidenced by your signature line. If you honestly think that most Rolexes are flawless, I'm happy to let you remain happily deluded.

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
Rolex's definitely have flaws. Nothing mass produced is ever perfect. I have a gen 16610 and originally the Pearl did not line up perfectly and the dial had a flaw upon close inspection.

I've seen a Gen Hublot tourbillon in an AD with obvious swirl marks on the flat dial, as if someone took out the movement and wiped dust off the dial too abrasively. Seriously?

Mikellem

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/06
Saw this on TZ and it checks out that the watch is in fact a gen. Have a look at the 10 o'clock on the dial; I would be more than a little upset to say the least!

bild-13.jpg

Maybe it's not a gen! Maybe a gen wannabe!

MM

mojojojay

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/10
Most gen hbb ive seen even the one I own ,1 & 0 doesn't line up, that's the way hbb does it. It's not a flaw IMO

bobbyla

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/11
This thread did catch my interest so i had a look on Chrono24, it appears some line up and some don't. Now it could be entirely down to the photo angles.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Most gen hbb ive seen even the one I own ,1 & 0 doesn't line up, that's the way hbb does it. It's not a flaw IMO

It's interesting how when Hublot does it, it's not a flaw, but when that happens in your QC photos, you'll ask your replica dealer to replace it.

ZakSgp

1/1/12
Almost all rolexes are flawless a Rolex with a flaw is very rare is almost always get thrown away at the factory

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Almost all rolexes are flawless a Rolex with a flaw is very rare is almost always get thrown away at the factory

And you either own an AD, or have hundreds of Rolexes, so that you're personally able to observe this? You pronouncements fly in the face of numerous people who have found flaws in their brand new Rolex.

If what you say is true, these flawed Rolexes should be so rare that they should command a premium, much like a misprinted currency bill or coin, but the reality is that all you have to do is go to your Rolex AD with a 10x loupe, and you'll find numerous examples with minor flaws.

Look, we're not saying that Rolex is the only watch brand with this problem, or that they wouldn't fix it if you pointed it out, so you shouldn't view this is as us picking on Rolex.

ZakSgp

1/1/12
I never said rolexes were perfect I said that flaws are rare and I did take a x10 loupe to it a gen and had a hard time finding a flaw I only found scratches on the caseback.

ZakSgp

1/1/12
Minor flaws are very rare but it the big ones I mean like the AP this thread is about.