• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610 LV - The Hulk

Franke

Tech Team
Advisor
28/5/10
Today Andrew announced a 2-3 months wait for the Hulk. Maybe we have it for christmas!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Well now that would be a lovely christmas present to look forward to!

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
The BEST LV around has got RObert (time4direct) check these pics ! Going to order soon ! Amazing !!!!!

912-1.jpg

And here is picture of GEN :droll:

Rillar.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Now that is definitely a step in the right direction. Shame that the bezel insert is above the lip of the bezel, and with ceramic, not much chance of being able to shave it down :/

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Have you ever managed to get a ceramic bezel insert out without damaging it or a pearl?

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
Yes removing the ceramic bezel is not difficult .
If you don't want to take watch apart you can take pearl out complete heat the bezel with a hair drier and pull it up by the pearl hole.
Once you have a little movement there slide a thin blade around the underside of the insert

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Thanks for your input on this one mate. This rep has been a point of discussion for quite a long time. In my eyes this is certainly the best one I've seen so far. I can definitely recommend it.

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
I will be posting a 116610 LN build I did shortly that addresses most of the issues mentioned above (As soon as I get all the photos organized). I sourced a ceramic LV from timesshop as it has the correct case (not the GMT IIC case) with wider lugs, correct crown guards, and the rehaut engraving is aligned. I removed the case engraving for 750 on the back side of one of the lugs and refinished it to blend it. I used a noob dial (had to order a noob ceramic sub at the same time) noob insert, a small hour hand and used super luminova on the markers, hands, and pearl. The cyclops had to be relocated and the SEL's shaved a bit. Result: closest to gen I have seen in a rep.

Solution for a Hulk if you cannot wait is to use the Timesshop LV (case and bracelet and hour hand) and Roberts (for that excellent dial and the better clasp) and combine the two swapping around some parts. You would end up with one helluva watch!

(I should build one of those next.)

On the ceramic insert: It sits high because they use a type of tape which has some width to it to attach the insert. If you glue it in it will sit lower. I use 90% alcohol in a spray bottle and saturate the bezel. This turns that tape and the adhesive to goo making it possible to remove the insert without damage and without removing the crystal. Otherwise, the crystal removal makes it a whole lot easier.

Looks like Robert also has the same LV offered that I used from Timesshop for the better case:

Picture001.jpg

Now you can get both from Robert and combine them for the perfect 116610LV

Inq

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/09
Read the entire thread twice and after asking Andrew, I decided to wait it out until the end of the year. Surely the "factories" have the means to replicate the smallest detail, especially after seeing their work in the new wave of Panerai reps.

For me, it seems too much trouble to make a watch from 2 donor ones. The possibility of something going wrong in the process is too much IMO.

Cheers,
Catalin

Inq

18/10/09
Guys, can the Asian 21J movement be replaced by a watchmaker with an Eta2836 on T4Direct LV?

Catalin

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
No, you'd need to replace the hands, find a dial and movement spacer as well.

Inq

18/10/09
Thanks, guess it's back to waiting for a new model with a Swiss movement, sunburst dial and correct case, hands and bezel...

No, you'd need to replace the hands, find a dial and movement spacer as well.