• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Those of you wanting SA's but have small wrists ....

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I have an 8" wrist and the GEN bracelet is perfect on me. I actually may pick up some extra links to give myself some breathing room :)

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
the white dials are both the same color, the only difference between the white and hurricane white is the color of the sub-dials, in the hurricane the sub-dials are more of an off white where as in the regular white dial the sub-dials are identical to the dial in color

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
the white dials are both the same color, the only difference between the white and hurricane white is the color of the sub-dials, in the hurricane the sub-dials are more of an off white where as in the regular white dial the sub-dials are identical to the dial in color

I thought that originally, but someone disputed it with me. :-/
It's a very confusing situation. I think we need to go buy 2 GEN SA's and figure this out ! :rofl:

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
if you look at the other dials (blue and black) its the same thing, they have blue, then air force blue, black and then volcano black... the only difference is the sub-dials. either way i have a gen SA with the "white" dial, if we can find someone with the hurricane dial then we can prob do a better comp.

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
sure thing, you get me the volcano black and i'll get you the hurricane white

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I'll take an Air Force blue while you guys are at it.

Also worth mentioning is that hurricane white is stencil markers only, with slightly different colored subdials while white is baton markers and same color subs.

watcher69

23/11/09
Ok, so we have learned that Hurricane and White are no different other than sundials!?

Then can anyone else describe their White dial as silver? - because the one I have in front of me could only be described as 'white' if I sit directly in very bright light looking straight on, and then I am being generous with the name White.

It's metallic, reflective of everything around it, but not looking anything like a lof of the wristshots I have seen on here where the dial blazes a brilliant White regardless of the angle or light it's in! :/

watcher69

23/11/09
Heres a short video clip showing how silver my white dial is. This was shot in daylight.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/60971966@N04/5557931527/"]IMG_0162-desktop | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5190/5557931527_c8f34d8185_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@5557931527@@AMEPARAM@@c8f34d8185[/ame]

Heres a clip on YouTube - this watch I assume is gen, but its very evident to me at least that his dial is distinctly white even though it's poorly lit:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7C9r1yCfI&feature=related"]YouTube - Breitling Super Avenger Vorstellung[/ame]

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
You know what I think it is? I think it's a white with some metalflake mixed into a matte clear that goes on top of the base white...basically a 2-stage painted dial. Looks white from dead on, but if there's any angle to it the metalflake takes over and gives it that silvery tint.

watcher69

23/11/09
I dont know - could be, either way, it's not what I expected or wanted, and it seems pretty clear the gen isn't like this, and an awful lot of the reps aren't either - this doesn't even really look truly white flat one, it's definitely a pale silver.

The question is now whether to send it back and hope that a true white comes up, or source a proper white dial (rep or gen) to replace this one, but I've never been after or bothered about a franken.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I think the response you're going to get is to go for a gen dial for sure ;) Maybe it'll get you into frankens, who knows!