• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show us your cars!

Zack Morris

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/10
Oregon
bm.jpg
silver.jpg
BM Z4 is daily, other is a Silver Shadow

EDIT: After seeing the entire thread, I am pretty blown away by how nice all of these cars are.

Zack Morris

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/10
Oregon
LOL could buy 3 of these for the price of that Aston, and 2 or 3 Z4's for the price of that Porsche 997. That guy is a mad man. I feel like a guy who rolls his Ferrari 430 up to a light and a Veyron is there.

Says the guy sitting on a black Silver Shadow! :p

bobbyla

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/11
Great beater!! When I was into VWAG cars all I wanted was a 2 door a3... But none came to the US :(

Very nice, my best mate had one almost identical with the exception of the wheels. 3.2 DSG quattro, lovely daily driver.

Just part ex'd it though coz after 60k miles the DSG clutches were knackered and the camchain was stretched. Dealer quoted him £5k for the cam chain and nearly £4k for the wet clutch pack fitted.

He's gone back to a 320d manual. hahahaa

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If you're a student , save your money. When you graduate, treat yourself to a BMW M1. I'm assuming you have no kids. That's an awesome car. My wife and I just had our first child. So we sold our 335 Coupe and got the new X5. My next one will be an M5 most likely.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
If you're a student , save your money. When you graduate, treat yourself to a BMW M1. I'm assuming you have no kids. That's an awesome car. My wife and I just had our first child. So we sold our 335 Coupe and got the new X5. My next one will be an M5 most likely.

I assume you mean the 1-series M that just came out. Bonkers car, but the window sticker I saw said $47,xxx! No way in hell, even if it really is the E30 M3's spiritual successor. This is the reason BMW still hasn't broken into the lower-end sector that they've been trying for: they're overly ambitious with they're pricing. I miss my bimmer, but I can get 90% of the tech at 50 or 60% of the price elsewhere. A gently used e46 M3 sounds nice about now...

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Very nice, my best mate had one almost identical with the exception of the wheels. 3.2 DSG quattro, lovely daily driver.

Just part ex'd it though coz after 60k miles the DSG clutches were knackered and the camchain was stretched. Dealer quoted him £5k for the cam chain and nearly £4k for the wet clutch pack fitted.

He's gone back to a 320d manual. hahahaa

Good thing VWoA just extended our DSG warranties to 100k miles...goodness knows I'm not going to be payig out of pocket if the mechatronic goes.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I assume you mean the 1-series M that just came out. Bonkers car, but the window sticker I saw said $47,xxx! No way in hell, even if it really is the E30 M3's spiritual successor. This is the reason BMW still hasn't broken into the lower-end sector that they've been trying for: they're overly ambitious with they're pricing. I miss my bimmer, but I can get 90% of the tech at 50 or 60% of the price elsewhere. A gently used e46 M3 sounds nice about now...

They aren't trying to attract those types of people honestly. You can still get a decently loaded135i for 40k. These cars are so refined. You really get what you pay for.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
They aren't trying to attract those types of people honestly. You can still get a decently loaded135i for 40k. These cars are so refined. You really get what you pay for.

And a similarly loaded 335i for about 4K more, or like a hundred dollars a month. I'm specifying the 1-series in particular, not the whole model line, that the pricing doesn't really make sense. BMW's are spectacular, and I've owned a few, (anything pre-2004 is pretty much a must-buy) and they are really among the best driver's cars out there. Balanced, forever poised, forever talking to the driver. But the 135 IMO is priced out of its segment. That's why BMW has never broken into the premium small car segment, as they price their offerings within spitting distance of their mid-level cars like the 3er.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again): For 35K, the 135i is a stellar little performance car. A little pricey, but it more than makes up for it. At 45K, I'd be hard-pressed not to look across the showroom.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
It'll be here at the end of April!

Can't freaking wait!!

07-audi-a5-sportback-live.jpg

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Awesome! Tell me you got a manual and/or S-Line pack to go with it!

Yup, S-line but only interior and no I got it with the S-tronic gearbox. Those 8 gears make the car accelerate like crazy since they're quite short.

I'm planning on installing exterior S-line packet once it comes. It's just too expensive if I order it with one; nearly $7k. I can buy all the parts from eBay and it'll cost me a little over $2k