• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB TX Crystals

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09

rass101

Horology Curious
2/1/11
Thanks for the info. As the scratch resistance is the same what is the benefit of TX?

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
None... anything with AR on both sides is going to be more prone to scratches.

rass101

Horology Curious
2/1/11
QinetiQ: "TX Crystal is pretty much a recommended edition to any HBB really."
rass101: "what is the benefit of TX?"
JC7: "None..."

I guess I am an idiot for not understanding but why TX crystal is "pretty much recommended" if there are no benefits?

polaris

27/11/08

I guess I am an idiot for not understanding but why TX crystal is "pretty much recommended" if there are no benefits?

Rass101 did a edit which made JC7's reply seemingly talk about the txcollector crystal in general. JC7 was referring to the scratch resistance of txcollector's crystal AR coating compared to the rep crystal AR coating.

Txcollector crystal is a recommended addition to any Hublot because the crystal is the correct height. The rep crystal is thinner and almost flush with the case when it should be thicker. Unlike some other crystals txcollector's has the correct bevel on the crystal edge.

Not all AR has the same scratch resistance. Some coatings scratch easier than other. All depends on the original purpose of the coating.
Camera lenses have AR, but don't require scratch resistance yet a pair of spectacles would.
IMO rep AR is more prone to scratches than gen AR. Some aftermarket AR is unstable and scratches just as easily, but I think tx's stuff is good.

Scratch test Applied to Fine_dd AR Treatment

rass101

Horology Curious
2/1/11
Thanks for all the info hopefuly it helps when I am going to buy my first rep.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I think the tx crystal is great, however, when I was an AD this summer trying on a gen black magic, the crystal was pretty much identical to my taka crystal in hight. much to my surprise though, as I expected the gen to have a much thicker crystal than the rep or the taka crystal ( rep and taka is same thickness, but takas is 2398766476134234times better AR )
I still bought 4 tx crystals just because they are incredibly nice.
ofcourse, I couold have been looking at a gen hbb with aftermarket crystal, it seemed stange to me.

JC7

15/6/10
Welcome back, Deniz! As long as the case size is the same you should be fine.

BTW do you have any rubber pushers I can purchase from you?!

deniz21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/09
hey thanks JC i was out of the watch buisness for some time.. :) i think i have to try it, then i know for sure .

the problem with the rubber pushers is, they were sent out to me, but did not arrived me...its almost to long ago to think they will ever arrive me, i think they got lost :(
im realy sorry that i can not help you with them..

but i will see maybe i can get them again, and if i can get them, i will let you know asap JC

oh and btw, cool that you did not sold your all black, man the all black is still my favorite watch..i have it for 6 month or so, but the watch still faszinates me every time i wear it :)
and yours look great with that crystal, mine is also on his way :) and JC why not post them in the hbb section, they were great i realy would like to see them again :)

cheers deniz

JC7

15/6/10
I still have my photos in the eyecandy section.. I love that watch too much.. have to keep it! Glad to have you back.. let me know if you have luck on the pushers. :D

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
got my 2 replacement tx crystals today :) not installed yet, but so far AR looks sweet.
- kept the 2 first ones, for later use, but got the 2 replacements at a steal of a price- thanks TX :)

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
got my 2 replacement tx crystals today :) not installed yet, but so far AR looks sweet.
- kept the 2 first ones, for later use, but got the 2 replacements at a steal of a price- thanks TX :)

nice.
awaiting my replacements now. I too opted to pay again and keep the
old and get some new as well. got an ABII on a bracelet coming, can't
wait to throw one on there :)

edit: just showed up! yup the new AR is far superior, huge difference. thanks TX!

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10

Well the benefit replacing the rep stock crystal with a tx crystal will make you HBB go from ok to amazing ;)

See my Icebang for comparison below:

Before tx crystal

sideshotcloseup.jpg

After tx crystal

Lookhowthicktheglassis.jpg

Pretty big difference with crystal height so to speak and yes it WILL look like gen crystal compared to rep one..

And check this sexy beast out and say you dont prefer the tx ;)

Looknoglass.jpg

So hope this post gave some insight what the tx DOES for the Hublot watch.

Cheers,
Jiddy

drknight27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/10
TX,

Please clear your PM's.

I just sent you my crystal back. I forgot to include my "handle" and address on a note inside the package. It's on the return label but I'd like to ensure you send the replacement to the correct address and have my "handle".