• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need advices for a vintage Tudor build

floxD41

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/22
This Trusty Time watch could be a 9411/0 maybe
These are decent watches and with a few mods can look really good- for not too much money.
I did a 79090 rep a few years ago and was very happy with the results.

I have my little process on these cartel reps- drill the lugholes to gen spec size, remove the crown and tube, trim the crown guards and install a new 7030 tube and a 703 Rolex crown. I like the bezel insert on this rep and was happy to see that the lume glows well into the night.
For less than $400 I have a nice rep that passes the WR test and looks good.
The nice thing about Tudor reps is that no one knows anything about them other than a few WIS.
ohhhh Nice !

Can I pm you to have more information and help ? :)

kalys

Horology Curious
22/10/23
Hey everyone, it's been some time and I never updated.

I ended up building a 9411 with everything BV and a swiss 2824-2.

(Forgive me for the bad pic and the dust :oops:)

I'm overall satisfied with it even tho I have some criticism over BV stuff.

dax007

Supporter
12/4/23
Usa
Very nice. Is the dial bivintage too?
Hello YES everything is bivintage!! I wish I could of got it built with a swiss ETA but they don't offer it as a option

dax007

Supporter
12/4/23
Usa
Hey everyone, it's been some time and I never updated.

(Forgive me for the bad pic and the dust :oops:)

I'm overall satisfied with it even tho I have some criticism over BV stuff.
How is the BEZEL movement??? It's looks really nice.. Mine works great and pressure tested but I have thing think with SWISSS ETA over clone.. I could not believe BIvintage did not have a option where I pay 200 more for e swiss..lol THeir PIP sucks on the insert but their USA MODDER is awesome real good guy from Californai

kalys

Horology Curious
22/10/23
How is the BEZEL movement??? It's looks really nice.. Mine works great and pressure tested but I have thing think with SWISSS ETA over clone.. I could not believe BIvintage did not have a option where I pay 200 more for e swiss..lol THeir PIP sucks on the insert but their USA MODDER is awesome real good guy from Californai
Thanks, yours is looking good too !

The bezel works okay but it's not great, I kinda twisted the spring a little so it's harder to turn.
How's yours ? Also you seem to have a nice bracelet, do you know the ref ?

BV offered me to build one with a swiss ETA so I don't know if he does now. Anyway, as long as it's running great you shouldn't be so bothered about it being a clone in my opinion.

dax007

Supporter
12/4/23
Usa
Thanks, yours is looking good too !

The bezel works okay but it's not great, I kinda twisted the spring a little so it's harder to turn.
How's yours ? Also you seem to have a nice bracelet, do you know the ref ?

BV offered me to build one with a swiss ETA so I don't know if he does now. Anyway, as long as it's running great you shouldn't be so bothered about it being a clone in my opinion.
I had mine built Nov 2023 and he would not give me the option of SWISS ETA.. .. I asked and he said no option but he prob did not have in stock..
So my first complaint to BIvintage was when I received it " The BEZEL does not turn" he replied back" it suppose to turn hard"..lol .. My only experience with these type of NON CLICK BEZEL was my yodog GMT and a custom YODOG nipple dial GMT so those MOVED PERFECT!!
shortly after I got my BIvintage I got a TUDOR 9411 from 5dig on RWI which he got from UK somewhere and AGAIN I was spoiled with that watch -- of course that watch 9411 FRANKEN was TOP OF THE LINE - GEN 1680 BEZEL , CAC insert, GEN movement. one of my favorite reps!!..

So again the BIVINTAGE BEZEL drove me nuts.. I ended up removing the FRICTION WASHER under the BEZEL and now it turns smooth, but little to smooth.. I am sure yodog or tripdog could prob make a fix for it but modding.... I def want to ADD BIVINTAGE though in VIETNAM their customer service is the BEST! They have a modder in california and when I did have a issue Bivintage cover some work on my watch - so I did have a good experience with them overall!

As for bracelets its a RAFFLES.. .. Let me tell you Raffles TUDOR oyster and the ROLEX oyster are pretty DAM good- not perfect!.. all my RLX Frankens except my 2 FRANKEN TUDORS have gen bracelets but after so much research and comparisons with grams and feels -i have come to terms I LIKE SOLID LINK OYSTERS over the GEN SEMI HOLLOW MID LINKS..
The hollow mid links just feel so light.. Raffles has TUDOR CLASP with ROLEX REF 93150 oyster bracelets ... I did hear Raffles will be releasing hollow link oyster mid link vintage reps and riveted hollow links like to 200$ Vietnam REP 7805 soon for a much cheaper price...

The more I study the REP bracelets over gen its just not WORTH going gen.. Even the 78360 GEN ROLEX CLASP VS REP its 99.99% exact.. The 78360 GEN CLASP has 8 adjustment holes over the REP classp of 7 and the ROLEX MARKING on clasp is just a tad different- gram weight is roughly same..

sorry to vent but I have also contemplated putting GEN 78360 on my watches.. For me the reg clasp (GEN OR REP ) is so much more comfortable then the FAMOUS vintage FLIP LOCK clasp of the 93150..(GEN OR REP same weight but marking are not correct on REP)

ONE more thing-- all the marked Raffles oyster bracelets (whether u order Tudor or RLX)have the 93150 marking which is def nice!! But the clasp are not marked correct..
they don't have the 93150 on it and the 78360 oyster does not have markings on the clasp.. Both of these oyster in GEN have SEMI HOLLLOW MID LINKS where a REP has SOLID MIDLINKS which honestly the REP IMHOP feels better, but 100% the GEN 93150 OYSTERS are more refined but not when u are comparing a 2k SS GEN VS a 50$ REP..lol just my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: FaekieOne

kalys

Horology Curious
22/10/23
I had mine built Nov 2023 and he would not give me the option of SWISS ETA.. .. I asked and he said no option but he prob did not have in stock..
So my first complaint to BIvintage was when I received it " The BEZEL does not turn" he replied back" it suppose to turn hard"..lol .. My only experience with these type of NON CLICK BEZEL was my yodog GMT and a custom YODOG nipple dial GMT so those MOVED PERFECT!!
shortly after I got my BIvintage I got a TUDOR 9411 from 5dig on RWI which he got from UK somewhere and AGAIN I was spoiled with that watch -- of course that watch 9411 FRANKEN was TOP OF THE LINE - GEN 1680 BEZEL , CAC insert, GEN movement. one of my favorite reps!!..

So again the BIVINTAGE BEZEL drove me nuts.. I ended up removing the FRICTION WASHER under the BEZEL and now it turns smooth, but little to smooth.. I am sure yodog or tripdog could prob make a fix for it but modding.... I def want to ADD BIVINTAGE though in VIETNAM their customer service is the BEST! They have a modder in california and when I did have a issue Bivintage cover some work on my watch - so I did have a good experience with them overall!

As for bracelets its a RAFFLES.. .. Let me tell you Raffles TUDOR oyster and the ROLEX oyster are pretty DAM good- not perfect!.. all my RLX Frankens except my 2 FRANKEN TUDORS have gen bracelets but after so much research and comparisons with grams and feels -i have come to terms I LIKE SOLID LINK OYSTERS over the GEN SEMI HOLLOW MID LINKS..
The hollow mid links just feel so light.. Raffles has TUDOR CLASP with ROLEX REF 93150 oyster bracelets ... I did hear Raffles will be releasing hollow link oyster mid link vintage reps and riveted hollow links like to 200$ Vietnam REP 7805 soon for a much cheaper price...

The more I study the REP bracelets over gen its just not WORTH going gen.. Even the 78360 GEN ROLEX CLASP VS REP its 99.99% exact.. The 78360 GEN CLASP has 8 adjustment holes over the REP classp of 7 and the ROLEX MARKING on clasp is just a tad different- gram weight is roughly same..

sorry to vent but I have also contemplated putting GEN 78360 on my watches.. For me the reg clasp (GEN OR REP ) is so much more comfortable then the FAMOUS vintage FLIP LOCK clasp of the 93150..(GEN OR REP same weight but marking are not correct on REP)

ONE more thing-- all the marked Raffles oyster bracelets (whether u order Tudor or RLX)have the 93150 marking which is def nice!! But the clasp are not marked correct..
they don't have the 93150 on it and the 78360 oyster does not have markings on the clasp.. Both of these oyster in GEN have SEMI HOLLLOW MID LINKS where a REP has SOLID MIDLINKS which honestly the REP IMHOP feels better, but 100% the GEN 93150 OYSTERS are more refined but not when u are comparing a 2k SS GEN VS a 50$ REP..lol just my opinion

Yeah the bezel is defo improvable, I've read a lot of various complaints about it. Have you tried flattening the washer a bit ? It might help.

What triggers me the most with the BV stuff is the rehaut and the hands, I can't unsee it now :rolleyes:.

Thanks for all the nice infos on bracelets, I'm kinda intrested in the riveted ones. For now I have the BV 7206 and... it's bad, but I like the general look of it tho.

cacti

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/10/23
Yeah the bezel is defo improvable, I've read a lot of various complaints about it. Have you tried flattening the washer a bit ? It might help.

What triggers me the most with the BV stuff is the rehaut and the hands, I can't unsee it now :rolleyes:.

Thanks for all the nice infos on bracelets, I'm kinda intrested in the riveted ones. For now I have the BV 7206 and... it's bad, but I like the general look of it tho.

What's wrong with the 7206?

kalys

Horology Curious
22/10/23
What's wrong with the 7206?
Well, it is quite light and the build quality is not really good. I had to grind some sharp parts on links and rework the clasp because it would randomly snap open. Also, I can't fit fat spring bars.

white_storm

Horology Curious
26/3/24
Beautiful ! Everything BV even the dial and hands ? Did you age them in any way or they are stock from BV ?
Also.. is it possible to get more pictures please ? I'm curious about case details and dial finish !

Baccaracca669

Supporter
Patron
Certified
25/11/23
Kent, UK
Well, it is quite light and the build quality is not really good. I had to grind some sharp parts on links and rework the clasp because it would randomly snap open. Also, I can't fit fat spring bars.
Hey - my 7206 clasp is popping open also, whenever my wrist puts a little pressure on it. Would you mind explaining how you fixed it please? Would really appreciate it!

cacti

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/10/23
Hey - my 7206 clasp is popping open also, whenever my wrist puts a little pressure on it. Would you mind explaining how you fixed it please? Would really appreciate it!
we talking Raffles? Same for me.

kalys

Horology Curious
22/10/23
we talking Raffles? Same for me.
We talking BV but I guess it would work too.
Yes of course, take small pliers and carefully bend these points to the interior.

If it is still not enough you can also play (very carefully) with the bending of the curved plates but be careful to not f up the shape of it.

Reactions: Baccaracca669

Baccaracca669

Supporter
Patron
Certified
25/11/23
Kent, UK
We talking BV but I guess it would work too.

Yes of course, take small pliers and carefully bend these points to the interior.

If it is still not enough you can also play (very carefully) with the bending of the curved plates but be careful to not f up the shape of it.
Thought as much but figured I should ask first before possibly making things worse! Thanks so much pal! 👌👌

Reactions: kalys