• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone build their own watch from the aliexpress kits?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
the only set I like from them is the constellation. Have not found any other that I fancied.
Any other that you liked ?
I built some 40mm subs and 2 41mm subs.
they sell standart quality, like noob v10. and when you talk with her, they source fake clean sets.
or she even sells CLEAN stickers or BTF stickers to fake your build lol

• Haha
Reactions: Karbon74

Nomad_94

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/23
TX
it has the Omega branding embossed on the underside...but it's not the best "leather"
PM me when you buy, I will send you a link to a slightly better strap with Omega branding...
but if you really like the watch, it's worth putting a good handmade alligator on it.

I build one for me, but the long lugs killed it for me. If you have a wrist >17cm, then it's just an awesome piece. I sold two and the buyers were super happy
I'm right above 17cm so that sounds like a good deal for me. I figured that would be the case for the strap.

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Is there an accepted method to doing so? I wouldn't mind aging a dial I have sitting around.

if you are ready to invest a few hours of reading 😅 , you will learn everything you need here

Reactions: SpiritRunner

Nomad_94

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/23
TX
if you are ready to invest a few hours of reading 😅 , you will learn everything you need here
Haha that's a lot to go through but I'll check it out for sure.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
i gave the dial a slight tarnish so that it takes that light cream vs silver

The hands got a touch of 12000 sandpaper to take just a bit of the shine off

the case has been lightly aged to make it credible as a 60y old watch that has been worn

the overall idea is a dress watch that has aged gracefully, worn but kept in a box when not on the wrist